Choose Your Own Family

Video Store

Mother and I were walking across the boardwalk were most of the stores were. We were also making some small talk. Mostly things about school, boys, and clothes. To anyone else it wouldn’t mean anything, to mother and I it meant a lot. We never talked like this, even if it was meaning less stuff. So us actually talking like this because we wanted to and not force to it meant something that we won't forget anytime soon. Michael and Sam left us looking at shops so we could talk while they looked for something cool to do on the boardwalk. I just hope Michael doesn’t go home with some chick tonight because he is my ride back, since I forgot to ask Grandfather if I can borrow some of his gas.

As we were walking I saw this little boy crying. Mother and I walk up to him.

“Hey what’s the matter? Are you lost?” ask my mother in a kind voice.

“Mother lets ask the man in that store if they’ve seen his parents.” I said to her pointing to a video store.

We walked into the store and as soon as we do I see a kind of dorky looking man behind the stands. He gives off the impression that he’s sweet and harmless.

“Excuse me, this little boy is lost and we were wondering if his mother might be in here?” Mother said looking down at the boy.

I looked behind her to see four boys that looked like rebels without a cause. One of them was looking at us and he had icy blue eyes with platinum blond hair. I expected him to turn around when I caught him staring but strangely kept on staring with no emotion on his face what so ever. It just looked like he was trying to hear what my mother was saying. What’s this guy’s problem? He finally turned around and followed the other guys around the store.

“I don’t really know” said the dorky looking guy that appeared to be the owner.

As soon as he said that a women came rushing in the video store.

“THERE he is.” Said the women coming up behind the boy and hugging him while smiling up at my mother. I was happy that she found him.
“There you are” said the owner giving him a green lollypop with a smile. The kid thanked him and left with his mother. “Well done” said the owner giving my mother a red flavored lollypop.

“No thanks…Well second thought.” My mother said with a smile taking the lollypop.

“I told you not to come in here anymore.” said the owner to the four boys. He seemed to give them a glare and the boys just smiled at him and began to walk out. Except for one who was staring at my mother and me before. He seemed to stay a little longer and looked at me as if asking me to come with him. Like that will ever happen. I just turned away from him and walked to the girl behind the register and when I walked away he seemed to walk out like the rest.

“Do you know those boys?” I ask the girl since I saw them shortly talking to her.

“Yeah, everyone on the boardwalk knows them. Well not really knows them but knows of them. I'm Maria by the way.” she said smiling.

“I’m Rose. Do they always act like they own the boardwalk?” I said smiling a little bit

“Well yes actually, because they kind of do. No one dares to mess with them and who ever does is a moron. All we know about them is that there a gang and that they love coming into this store.” She said the last part kind of hateful.

“So people are afraid of them because there a gang with motorcycles and freaky hairstyles?” I said looking like I didn’t believe her. And I honestly didn’t.

“Well here those hairstyles are normal. Is that your mom talking to Max?” she asks me looking at her owner.

“Yeah it is. She seems to really like him. Is there a job opening here”

“Yeah there is but there’s only one left.” She said looking kind of sad.

“I’ll let my mom have it. She seems like she likes that guy and it would be better for me if she’s out of the house.” I said with a smile. “Maybe you would want to hang out sometime”

“Yeah that would be great. And if you ever want to find me I'm always here except for Sunday.” She said smiling too. I guess it’s been awhile since someone asks her to hang out.

“Rose we have to go find your brothers and get them home.” She said to me.

“See you later.” I said to her and I waved at Max while I walked out the store.
♠ ♠ ♠
Third chapter, please give feedback XD