Choose Your Own Family

Boardwalk

Dear Diary,

Yesterday was one of those interesting days. Mother and I actually got along and talked as if we were best friends and I’ll admit it was kind of nice. While we were looking for jobs we found this lost kid who was as cute as can be and found his mother. It wasn’t hard to find her since she came rushing into the video store we went in to look for her. However while we walked into the video store we found this “gang” of guys that obviously were freaks. One of them was even staring at Mother and me in the freakiest way you can imagine. It wasn’t perv-ish or anything but it wasn’t normal either. Anyway I found out they were a gang that sort of owned the boardwalk. I swear you don’t know how bad I wanted to show them what a real gang is. Maybe one day I’ll have one? Anyway I met this cool chick named Maria who seemed like the only normal one at Santa Carla and wasn’t a freak. Well at least I haven’t seen her freak side yet. Mother also met some nice guy in the video store who was also the owner. He seemed really sweet and caring and if mother and he get a little comfortable I might like him. I mean he’s a total opposite from our father. He was also nice enough to give my mom a job. Also Michael and Sam had an interesting day was well. Michael found this cute chick that he said looked like a gypsy. Sam said he was basically stalking her. Sam also said she was hanging out with a gang of motorcycles riders. When Sam said that I nearly died of laugher. If she’s with those wannabe’s then she must be a total whore. Sam said he met some guys in a comic book store that were kind of freaky and acted like they knew something that was “so cool”. They also really wanted him to buy a vampire comic. Of course Sam being the angel isn’t into horror. Anyway I'm going to the boardwalk tonight to try and find a job for myself. I might also stop by to talk to Maria.

Rose Emerson

Date: June 7th 1987

Time: 8:45 p.m.

Weather: Still hot

I decided to wear a black off the shoulder top with black jeans and black high heels. I didn’t wear my jacket so I could show off my shirt a little.

I also took my bike this time to the boardwalk and gave Sam a ride while Michael rode next to us. This time tho we all went our separate ways. Michael went for some clothing to make him try to stand out and probably impresses that gypsy chick. Sam went to the comic book store as expected and I decided to walk around the boardwalk still trying to look for a job. I thought I visit Maria later. While I was walking down the boardwalk I found a cute little boy sitting on a beach looking kind of sad. I walked up to him and while I was walking I saw him look up at me with total shock on his face.

“What’s a cute little boy like you sitting alone on this bench?” I said smiling at him. I hope this one wasn’t lost too. If he is then I'm going to become a super hero to save all the lost children here.

“I-I’m just sitting here. I was supposed to wait here until the others come back here to pick me up.” he said kind of looking down. Was I bothering him?

“O okay. Just making sure you’re not by yourself. Am I bothering you?” I ask him kindly.

“No not at all. It’s just usually the others don’t like seeing me talking to anyone else.” He said with a sad face on. It was also kind of hard to hear his voice; it was almost like a whisper.

“Well I don’t blame them. It’s not good to talk to strangers. Shit even talking to me, I'm a stranger.” I said smiling a bit at him.

“Well, my name is Laddie. Now were not strangers.” He said smiling really big.

“Well my name is Rose. NOW were not strangers. But don’t trust people to easily Laddie.” I said smiling at him.

“I know….” He said looking at the ground again.

When he said that those wannabe’s pulled up next to the bench. They looked at Laddie and then looked at me. Of course it was these guys that were picking up this kid. I notice that the freak in the video store smirked at me and finally spoke.

“I remember you, but we never actually met. I’m David.” He said still smirking at me. Should I really give this asshole my name?

“Rose Emerson.” I said to him with no emotion on my face but a tone of harshness.

“Laddie where’s Star?” David said still smirking except looking at the Laddie.

“I don't know, she said she was going to walk off alone for awhile.” He said kind of terrified.

“And you let her?” said David with a demanding tone.

“Don’t talk to him like that. He didn’t know any better.” I said yelling back at David. Then I thought about what I said. Maybe he did know better?

“…..Boys introduce your self to Rose.” Said David still smirking. What’s with this guy?

“Dwayne” said the Native American that was next to David.

“I’m Paul.” Said a guy that looked like a runway Diva to me. He was also smiling.

“I'm Marko.” Said a boy in a sparkly jacket and when he said his name he waved a little. He also gave a small smile.

“Rose, do you want to hang out with us for a little while?” said David offering me his hand. This guy did have a major ego and I hated that in guys.

I was about to tell this guy off when Laddie grabbed my hand. I looked down at him and his eyes were filled with wanting and begging. As I looked back up at David I had no choice but to take his hand and get on the back of his motorcycle.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed it.