Choose Your Own Family

One of Us

We were walking into the cave with Dwayne in the lead holding a torch with Paul behind him yelling loudly as if he was on a roller coaster. Laddie was behind Paul and I notice Dwayne started lighting some bins in the cave so it there would be light. Marko walked in silently holding a pigeon and petting it. I was surprised he could hold one so easily and it wasn’t fighting to be free. David and I walked together still holding hands while Star and Michael walked side by side behind us. David let go of my hand and walked in front of the fountain in the middle of the cave that Paul was standing on. The cave was pretty huge and pretty awesome. I only saw one bed that was behind some beautiful curtains. That’s were Star was and it looked like she was hiding. Dwayne was sitting with Laddie on a couch while Paul was sitting on a chair. Marko seemed to be the most distant walking near the entrance still holding the bird.

“Not bad huh? This was the hottest resort in Santa Carla about 85 years ago; to bad they build it on the fault. In 1906, when the big one hit San Francesco, Ground opened up, this place took a hitter right into the crack.” Then he walked back over to where Michael and I were. He stopped right in front of me and was an inch away from my face. “So now its ours.” He said smirking.

“So check it out.” Said Paul lighting a joint.

David put his arm around Michael’s shoulder as if giving him a little tour.

“Marko, food.” Told Marko and Marko let go of the bird and left without saying a word. “That’s what I love about this place. Ask and then you get.” Paul handed David the joint he had. “Thank you. Appetizer?” Said David asking Michael if he wanted it. Michael took it without saying a word. “You guys will like it here.”

I notice that Star was staring at David and Michael where the bed was. I guess I should get to know everyone and might as well start with her. She seemed the most distant from everyone. I walked up to her and she looked at me with a sad face.

“Your Star right?” I ask her even tho I knew it was her.

“Yes.” She said with a sad tone still looking at me.

“I’m Rose, Michael’s sister. Do you like Michael?” I ask while I was walking into the room and sat on the bed.

She did the same and sat on the bed next to me. “Kind of. He’s really cute and seems nice.” She said smiling a little and blushing. No one would be able to tell because of her skin tone but I could tell.

“He really likes you. You know he wouldn’t have come here if it wasn’t for you.” I said smiling at her.

“That’s not true. You wanted to come here with the guys and he would come to protect you.”

“No he would just yell at me and tell me to get off. Or tell them something embarrassing about me so I would want to leave.” She laughed a little at that but I could tell she still wanted to be distant. “But seriously he’s a really sweet guy.”

“Yeah he seems like it. Do you like David?” she asks me now looking right at me.

“Well…..I didn’t at first but now…now I don't know. I think he’s hot and all but…… there’s just something. Why do you ask?” I said now looking at her.

“He was talking about you yesterday. Said you were in Max’s store with a woman. He seems to be very interested in you. Rose….promise me you will be careful. Your brother as well.” she said with a wanting voice.

“I’ll watch my back and I’ll watch Mike’s too. I always do, hey are you a real Gypsy?” I ask her trying to change the subject.

“A little bit, it was my job before I met the Lost Boys. I use to pierce ears and read peoples hands.” She said smiling. I was guessing that the gang was called the Lost Boys. That’s a cool name actually.

“Can you read my hand? I always wanted someone to do that.” I ask smiling like a little kid.

“Sure.” She said sitting cross legged on the bed. I sat that way too and I gave her my right hand.

She started tracing lines and told me what each of them meant.

“This line means your motherly…….Your also free spirited and Strong willed.” She said tracing some different lines. Her emotion however changed when she trace a certain line on my hand. “This line means vengeance and its crossing your life line.” She said looking at me.

“What does that mean? I ask her.

“If there’s no line crossing your life line it means you die of age. If another line crosses your life line it means you die because of that. Is there anyone you want to avenge Rose?” Stars ask me with interest in her eyes.

“No… I guess not yet.” I said looking at my hand now. I always believed in things like this. I guess no one lives forever.

“Feeding time, come and get it!” shouted Marko coming back with food in his hand.

“Chinese, good choice.” Said David taking a box.

“You hungry?” I ask Star. I know I was starving.

“No I'm not. But don’t let me stop you from eating.” She said smiling at me.

I left the room and walked up to Marko who was handing out the food.

“You a fan of pork fried rice?” he ask me handing me a box of food.

“I am, thanks.” I said smiling at him

“Well at least SOMEONE thanks me for getting the food.” He said sarcastically.

“Shut up Marko. You know you always get the food.” Said Paul hitting his arm playfully.
I laughed a little at this and started to walk back to the room were Star was waiting for me.

“Rose stay over here with us.” Said David staring at me. At this Star came to the entrance of her room and stared at me. Maybe David didn’t want me to be isolated from them like Star was. I gave her a sorry look and sat next to Michael and he smiled at me. I started eating my food while David said something.

“Guest first.” Said David handing Michael a box of white rice.

“No thanks.” Said Michael very low.

“You don’t like rice? Tell me Michael, how can a billon Chinese people be wrong?” he chuckle a little at his joke. “Come on” he said playfully.

Michael decided to eat and took the white rice. He kept eating it and I kept eating mine.

“How are those Maggots?” ask David towards Michael. Everyone started to snicker except Star and Laddie.
“What?” ask Michael clueless.

“Maggots Michael, Your eating maggots how do they taste?” said David while everyone still snickered. Michael looked down at his food and did see maggots.

As soon as he did that he spit out his food and drops it to the floor. Everyone laugh except Star who said Leave him alone. I looked down at his food and saw it was white rice. No maggots at all, but I did know that David did something. I just don’t know what. I glared at David evilly and he noticed. He stops laughing and looked at the floor.

“Sorry about that. No hard feeling huh?” said David towards Michael.

“No.” said Michael trying to think if he saw rice or maggots.

“Why don’t you try some noodles?” ask David handing a box of Low-main towards Michael. I looked in the box and saw just noodles so I knew nothing was wrong. But something apparently was to Michael.

“There worms.” Said Michael

“Worms.” Said David in a way that he couldn’t believe it.

“Don’t eat-“said Michael but didn’t finish when he saw David eat the noodles.

“There only noodles Michael.” Said David.

Everyone started laughing again while Michael snatches the box from David to see only noodles.

“That’s enough.” Said Star coming near us.

“Aw chill out girl.” Said Paul.

“Mike you okay? You wanna go home?” I whispered to Michael. No one seemed to hear us except David. But I paid no mind to him right now.

“Rose you believe me right? I swear I saw maggots and worms.” Whisper Michael.

I didn’t get the chance to answer him when I saw Marko walk up to David and he whispered something in his ear. I could barley hear what he was saying but I think he said “Give me my whine.” Everyone started to get quiet and I saw Star come closer to us. Marko came back with a beautiful bottle covered with gems and a small cup. He handed both of the items to David. He poured some in the class and put it on a table next to him. I could see that inside the cup the whine was crimson. David also drinks some of the whine from the bottle. When he was done he kept his eyes closed and it looked like it was the best thing in the world. He opened his eyes and pick up the cup from before.

“Drink some of this. Be one of us.” Said David handing the bottle to Michael and the cup to me.

Everyone started to clap and I notice that Laddie was getting up from the couch and walking towards Star. He was looking at me with pleading eyes as well as Star.

“You guys don’t have to.” Said Star to us.

I knew we didn’t have to, but what harm can be done by one drink? Nothing was wrong with it since David drink some of it nearly 3 seconds ago.

“Rose.” Said David and I looked right into his eyes. He didn’t say anything but kept staring at me. It was like I was glued to the spot on the ground. I stared at my drink and just thought what the hell and drink all of it in one shot.

“BRAVO!” shouted David and everyone started cheering as well. I could hear Michael chuckle and say the word blood in the joking way and drink some of the whine from the bottle as well.

“Come here Rose.” Said David

I couldn’t really think straight since the whine seemed to be going straight to my head. I walked over to David and he grabbed my hand and forces me down on his lap. I didn’t struggle to get up since it felt like I really need to sit down or I would pass out on the floor. He kissed me on my cheek and told Marko to give him a ride. Marko started to push David and me around in his wheel chair and while he did that I started to fall asleep in his lap.
♠ ♠ ♠
I Love this chapter because it has some david fluff in there nd i hope u feel the same.