Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

Unlucky Seven

Two more months and I get to spend the summer doing whatever the hell I want. Is it really only April? Time flew by fast but it feels like I've been waiting forever for June to speed up and come around.

The wind blew against my hair as Mike weaved in and out of lanes. I inhaled the smell of the ocean as we drove onto the bridge. I couldn't wait to go to the beach and swim in the salty water. Even though it's practically summer all year round at Huntington, there was never any time to relax. What with me having football, conditioning, fights that Franchesea doesn't know about, and spending time with Lisa, the beach never popped up as an option.

Mike's driving slowed down as we reached the outskirts of Huntington. Everything was relatively calmer on the roads now that we weren't on the highway.

I stared absentmindedly out the window, watching as old people in their cars passed us by. The music from the local radio station had a distinct hum. Everything was going by so slowly; I almost fell asleep. Then I saw a chick a couple lanes away from us. She was damned hot!

"Yo Mike!" I called.

"Yeah man?" he replied.

"Ride next to them." I pointed to the red truck at the far end.

Mike shook his head but flashed his turn signal on anyways. We crossed lane after lane until we were close to the other car. Maybe it was a bit much just so I could catch a glimpse of the girl's face but something about her caught my eye.

"Oh my god!" I screeched.

Mike stopped the car abruptly, making me slam my head into the dashboard. I groaned, rubbing my forehead. I looked through the windshield. It was lucky we hit a red light.

"What?" he asked and looked at me like I was completely crazy.

I stared at him with fish eyes. My mouth opened a few times but I blubbered each time. The light turned green again as I saw the other car go ahead of us. We began moving forward too. In a freak spur of the moment thing, I honked our horn until the people in the other car noticed us. I signaled for them to pull over to the side, which happened to be near the park.

Mike and the people in the other car gave me confused looks as we all double-parked and walked to the sidewalk.

Before I got out, Mike grabbed my arm. "The hell are you doing!" he sneered.

"Don't, I have to," I replied, opening the door.

Rafael and Franchesa walked out of the car, clearly confused with me. I tore my shirt off and threw it at her. She looked at me in disgust.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" she hissed, standing next to her boyfriend. She threw the shirt she caught back at me.

"You're not wearing that," I replied.

"It's a shirt!" she replied smartly.

"No, it's a bra."

"I get your concern but I'm fine. We aren't gonna do anything."

"Whatever. We're talking later about this."

"Uh huh."

Somehow, Mike pulled me back into his car, where he drove to my house without letting me deck Rafael. He gave me a look before he sped away.

It was dead quiet when I walked inside the house. I didn't hear Amy's laughs or the clinking of any pans from mom. They probably went to the park or whatever.

I hadn't walked seven steps towards the stairs when the doorbell rang. Sighing, I opened the door to find Lisa standing there with a smile on her face.

I motioned for her to come inside and went directly to the window seat. There was no reason for it to be here, but it was. I didn't argue since it finally had a purpose for me.

Staring out the window, my eyes locked on Fran's house. I knew for sure she wasn't home yet. I was still worried even though I knew Rafael was a good person. When she said she wasn't going to do anything, what did she mean? Please don't tell me he took her virginity. She's my innocent Franchesa. I can't have that ass take something so pure away from her.

Lisa cleared her throat. She must've been standing there for a long time. "So, seven months together."

"Yeah, yeah seven months..." I mumbled, staring out the window.

That "tube top" Fran was wearing, it looked good on her didn't it? She never, and I mean never wears black but she decided to today. That...thing attached to her body fit at all the right curves. I could imagine her in her lime green bikini right now...

"Matt!"

I jumped and fell out of the seat. Lisa looked down at me with her hands on her hips. I stared up at her with a dazed expression. Her eyes traveled from my face down to the rest of my body.

"Aw baby, are you thinking about me?"

What? I sat up and looked down. Oh crap, boner.

"Uh..." I coughed, grabbing the pillow from the seat and covering that part of me.

Lisa crouched down so we were at eye level. I nervously smiled at her. How was I going to lie and tell her I was thinking thoughts about her?

"Matthew, baby, we're breaking up."

That was all my ex-girlfriend said before walking out the door and slamming it behind her. What had I done to deserve this? She really just broke up with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh snaps! Who saw that coming? Really, did any of you? If you did, you've been listening in on my thoughts and that isn't cool. -O_O-

Oh yeah, I joined formspring. I don't know why, but I did. Anyways, feel like asking me an anonymous question? Click Here