Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

Spiked. Drugged. Same Crap.

Franchesa

My heart was beating way too fast for my liking. When have I ever been nervous? Okay, I'm nervous a lot. I'll re-phrase my question. When have I ever been nervous around my best friend?

I'm always comfortable around Matt. He's seen me at my best and my worst. He saw how ugly I was back in seventh grade when I had the chicken pox. I was wearing an extra-extra large shirt and dad's sweatpants. My hair was oily and a mess and I'm sure I looked like death. In general, I looked freaking horrible then.

Yet here I am all dressed up in this pretty Aqua navy blue dress that had thin straps to hold it in place, a belt that tightened a few inches above my waist (making the upper half body fitting), and the bottom half flowy. My Stuart Weitzman suede dark blue four-inch pumps would give me enough height to look up at Matt without straining my neck. My hair was in a messy bun where my bangs were swept to the left and a few strands were loose to my right. Mom decided to outline my eyes with black eyeliner. All of this glitz and glamour all for one dance that lasts only five hours. Matt's seen me at my worst and I was so comfortable then. Now, here I am in an expensive dress and I couldn't be more nervous. What if he tells me I look different? What if he says I don't look like his best friend anymore? That would hurt.

I paced around my room, still nervous as hell. Matt would ring the bell any minute. His dad is driving us to the dance and my dad is driving us home.

Matt's my best friend and I have nothing to be nervous about. Do you mind telling my brain that? It's making me anxious and shaky.

Kenny walked into the room, smiling at me. "Izzy! You look like mommy does when she goes to a social gathering!"

I laughed, bending down to give him a hug. "Where did you learn that phrase?"

He poked my cheek and smiled again. "I heard her talking about it today."

"Oh okay."

The doorbell rang and my body froze. Kenny screamed and bolted out the door, probably running to get a high five out of Matt.

Unsteadily, I walked down the stairs in these pumps that I suddenly regretted buying. Sure, I can walk in these shoes fine, but my knees were buckling beneath me and I didn't want to fall.

I met Matt at the door. He couldn't take his gauges or lip ring out for one simple night. I smiled, knowing how stubborn the idiot is.

For the type not to dress up, Matt cleaned up very well. He had a haircut a few weeks ago so the strands were short and spiky at this point. He wore a dark blue shirt with black pants and black shoes. It was simple but very pretty.

I practically hobbled over to him, standing nervously in front of him.

He smiled brightly at me, showing his dimples. "Well Ms. Franchesa Isabella Heras, are you ready?" Like a gentleman, he offered his hand to me while the other was behind his back.

I nodded meekly before taking his hand. We walked towards his dad's car, attacked by both our moms with pictures.

Once we walked into the cafeteria, hand in hand, our group of friends almost literally tackled us down. I hid behind Matt, holding my camera close to my chest. If this breaks, Mr. Patten is going to kill me.

Our posse walked to our two tables and sat down, immediately talking to each other. Jessica, Leana, and an unknown girl pulled me out of my seat, making me leave my camera behind.

Jessica and Leana squealed, clapping their hands at me.

"What?" I questioned.

The two huddled closer to me. Jessica whispered urgently to me, "You and Matt! Yay!"

I rolled my eyes. "We're best friends. He asked me cause he wanted to go with his best friend. It's easier for him I guess."

"Whatever!" Leana huffed, still hyper. I let the two of them squeal to each other so I could take in their appearances.

Jessica's usually wavy black hair was straightened along with her bangs. Her eyes, dark brown, didn't need any make-up. She always had this glow about her and I always told her make-up would mess up with the glow. The red strapless satin dress that reached to just below her kneecaps was really beautiful. The dress showed how thin, yet curvy she is and how toned her arms are. Wow, I'm jealous!

I tilted my head, looking at Leana now. Her always-curly brown hair looked no different tonight than usual. Call me weird but her hair looked different even though she styled it the way she always did. Her eyelids were painted with glittery pink. The pink matched her dress that tightened directly below her breasts. I smiled; Jimmy would be staring at her the entire night.

Now, I turned my attention to the unknown girl standing behind them. She looked so nervous. I stepped up to her and shook her hand. "Hi! I'm Franchesa. You must be Zacky's date."

She nodded her head slowly and played with her bangle on her left arm. I smiled at her again. She was a cute girl. Her hair was dyed a very bright red and she had short choppy layers that reached to her shoulders. Her eyes were a striking blue. No wonder why Zacky likes her, she's damn gorgeous!

After my observation of her, she told me her name was Angel. Add more to the cuteness with the name!

The eight of us were pretty much inseparable the entire night. We all went up to dance together in a huge group, having to push other people out of the way. I felt bad for doing it but they wouldn't budge when we asked them to move!

I wasn't expecting to actually have fun tonight. Mr. Patten chose me as one of the photographers in his class to take pictures of people at the dance. Lucky for me, one of my friends offered taking the pictures for me. I owe that girl a batch of brownies.

Leana pulled Jimmy away. My source of entertainment went MIA. Why did he go MIA? I looked around me, seeing all the couples dancing to the song. I was having so much fun watching and laughing at Jimmy for doing the chicken dance that I didn't realize the upbeat music slowed down.

I noticed Matt and I stood a considerate distance apart from each other. Our bodies faced each other, but we were staring at everything and everyone but each other.

Matt sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. I laced my hands together behind my back, staring down at my heels.

Matt coughed, getting my attention. "So...uh...do you want to dance to this?"

I blinked at him. "Sure?"

He blinked back at me, obviously shocked that I said yes. I know, I didn't expect to say yes to Matt either! The blinking war raged on for a few more seconds until I was fed up with it.

If he wasn't going to man up and actually dance with me, I would have to do this myself. Extremely slowly, I walked towards him. He got the notion and began walking towards me as well.

The whole time, I looked directly into his eyes as our bodies seemed to have a mind of their own. My arms wrapped themselves around his muscular neck. His hands gently held my waist; I felt the warmness of them.

I had to give Matt props, his hands were nowhere near my butt. I know we're best friends and all but he's still a guy. Guys tend to think with something else besides their brain. I should know, I hang out with Matt all the time.

Everything after that slow dance we shared passed by in a colorful blur. There wasn't really much to remember. We all ended up eating food and then it was time to go home.

Once I got into the car, I passed out. I was so tired but happy and nervous again. It was a fun night but it made me wonder, what is happening between us?

I didn't have much time to think about the situation until I fell asleep in the car. After what seemed like only 30 seconds, I felt myself floating up the stairs of my parents' house. I laughed, feeling so invincible.

"Oh god someone put crack in your drink." I recognized that voice to be Matt's. I could point Matt out anywhere. That's what the best friend status gets you.

He laid me down in my bed, kissing my forehead. "I had fun tonight Fran. Sweet dreams," he mumbled.

"Night!" I giggled back.
♠ ♠ ♠
-Matt's view at the semiformal is also going to written. I just need a few days.

Image

Image