Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

Parties Are Supposed To Be More Exciting Than This

Franchesa

Today is probably Kenny's favorite holiday. It's not Christmas although that would have been my first guess if I wasn't his sister. It's not Thanksgiving either. That's my favorite holiday because of the family reunions and food.

Nope, Kenny's favorite holiday is Halloween. His reason would be for the candy correct? That's where we're all wrong. This is his favorite holiday because he loves getting scared. I wish I could understand him a lot more than I do now, but random facts I find out about him keeps me on my toes.

I grabbed Matt's left wrist, checking the time. The both of us have been taking our younger siblings trick or treating for the past two hours. They should have enough candy to last them close to a month by now.

Kenny and Amy ran back to Matt and me satisfied with their heavy bags of candy. Those two were Matt and I in our younger years, in a nutshell. Kenny was the red power ranger while Amy was the pink ranger. If they became best friends, that's fine with me. I just hope their friendship doesn't turn out as crazy as Matt's and mine.

After Kenny was in the safety of dad's careful watch, I walked out the door finding Matt waiting for me in front of his house. I crossed the street and poked his stomach.

"Do you have to do that?" he whined, rubbing the spot on his stomach I just touched.

"Yes I do! We're lucky we found the perfect shirts for tonight!" I said in an of-course-I-have-to-you-dimwit voice.

"You like Halloween too much Fran. I hope you know that."

"Whatever! Our costumes look awesome!"

I beamed as Matt's hand found mine. I don't know, that's what we do now. It makes people think we're together and I wish we were when they assume. In spite of this, I didn't want to ruin our friendship so I keep most of my feelings hush-hush.

The door to Josh's house was open when we finally found the right street and house number. At first, I thought that someone did a breaking and entering before I heard the loud music.

I was happy to see tons of people came to the party. Josh planned this party out for months and begged his parents for weeks to let him have it. I'll have to give him a high five for how perfect his planning went.

Matt and I passed plenty of people who smiled at us and laughed when they saw our costumes. They're just jealous since our costumes killed everyone else's.

We made it to the back of the house where we found our friends sitting around, drinking beers. Even Brian made it. Jessica saw us and laughed out loud. No one else seemed to get why she was laughing.

"Why are you two dressed up like Tom and Jerry?" she gasped after almost spilling her beer.

I rolled my eyes. "Everyone's been asking that."

"Well what do you expect? Those two are constantly at each other's necks trying to kill each other."

"Fran and I are like that," Matt joked, smiling and showing his dimples. I poked his stomach and watched him cringe in defeat.

My attention went back to Jessica. "My theory is that they're best friends on the inside but are too stubborn to admit it."

That's when everyone laughed at me. I was getting angry and hurt at the same time. My theory makes a lot of sense! People just don't understand.

Matt stopped holding my hand and rubbed my shoulder. I would be lying if I said that didn't feel amazing from him. I sighed, I have to stop liking him, I really do.

From my other shoulder, I felt a light tap. I turned to my left to see Rafael with a friendly smile on his face. Matt's hand immediately left my right shoulder.

"Hi Rafael!" I greeted and gave him a hug.

"Hello Franchesa. May I ask you something?" he replied with a confused look on his face.

"Sure."

"What are you and Matt?"

I almost laughed. "Matt's Tom and I'm Jerry!" The confused look on his face didn't falter. "You've never heard of them?" I asked, pointing to my shirt. My shirt was brown and it showed a very cute graphic of a cartoon mouse on it. Matt's is gray with a cat.

"They do not have that show in Spain."

"No way!" I almost screeched. Rafael looked around him nervously.

"Hey Josh!" I called. She turned and looked at me. "Can I go up to your room? I have to show Rafael a show."

He smirked and nodded before winking at me too. I rolled my eyes. I grabbed Rafael's arm and pulled him with me up the stairs. Dear gosh, his arm is huge and muscular!

Josh's room was really empty. There was only air occupying it. I was surprised there weren't any couples making out up here. I guess it was too early.

I jumped into one of the bags that was at the edge of his bed. Rafael stood there, rubbing the back of his arm.

"Sit down!" I ordered. He reluctantly did so, sinking a few inches into the beanie. I giggled at him. He flashed me a smile and fixed the bandana he had around his forehead. That gave me some time to look at his costume.

All he was wearing was Nike. The light blue bandana on his head had the white Nike symbol, his light blue sleeveless shirt had the sign, his white shorts, and even his white running shoes.

"You must really like Nike," I stated.

He looked down at his shirt. "You could say that."

"You must've paid a lot of money for your costume," I continued.

"I really did not. I have these because...you will find out later on."

I raised an eyebrow at him. What was that supposed to mean? I shrugged, grabbing the remote and flipped through channels until I found Tom and Jerry.

We watched the show in a comfortable silence. I've seen all the episodes so I wasn't paying much attention to the television. Rafael however, was really into the cartoon. He watched in amusement when the cat and mouse duo were running around the house over a piece of cheese.

That's when I took my chance. Moving as silently as possible, I moved a little closer to him. He didn't notice my action at all. I smiled, moving in closer again. By now, our arms were touching. I sat up straighter so I could extend my height. It worked, sort of. I reached his shoulders.

I leaned forward towards his face. Just a little bit more and I could kiss him. Just a bit more.

"Oh my god my favorite show!"

DAMN IT!

I looked to see who dared to ruin the moment I almost had with Rafael. Of course, it was Matt. Of freaking course. I sighed, sinking into my beanie. He ran into the room, sitting in-between Rafael and me. I stared daggers at him but he didn't notice.

Barely a minute later, 20 more people ran into the room hearing the rumor that Tom and Jerry was on TV. Don't these people have something better to do?! Don't they have a party to attend? There was alcohol downstairs and plenty of people willing to have sex. God.

I tried finding Rafael in the mess of people crowding in front of the TV. I barely made out his bandana from everyone else's heads. It's not fair. I could have kissed him! I even developed the courage to make the first move. Life is a jerk.
♠ ♠ ♠
My goal is to reach 40 subscribers. After that, I don't know, everything's probably going to be the same. lol I'm just gonna be happy that I have 40 subscribers. :D