Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

Tackling Kicks

Matt

What was he doing writing on her arm? Did anyone even want him here? I scoffed, gripping Fran's shoulder even tighter. She looked at me pouting her lower lip. I shrugged.

"Angel," I called. She stopped staring at Zacky and looked at me. "I haven't gotten to know you yet. What's up?"

She smiled. "I don't know. That's a pretty broad question isn't it? I mean the sky is up and I'm fine."

Zacky laughed and kissed her cheek. "Oh hey people, I have an announcement."

All of us gave our full attention to Zacky except for Rafael. Good. He's not in the group anyways.

"So yeah, my friend is hosting a pool party in a couple days. He said I could invite anyone I wanted. You guys wanna go?"

We all said yes in a heartbeat.

I turned to Fran, about to ask her if she wanted to come with me. I would be her "date" in a way. Her parents would make me take her anyways.

She looked at me and smiled. I opened my mouth but her hair interrupted me by throwing itself into my mouth. I spluttered, getting the taste of hair out of my taste buds. She was talking to Rafael about the party. WHY?

Franchesa

Maybe I was imagining it, but I think Matt and Rafael are fighting for my attention. Ever since the Halloween party, the both of them always walk me to my classes. Matt does that daily but not Rafael. I don't even have any classes with him.

I'm not going to lie, I loved the attention. Matt began to show that perhaps he likes me. A prime example is right now. It was only a half day of school since teachers had to go workshops.

Students were encouraged to go to classes but it wasn't necessary. Teachers wouldn't give us homework anyways. All of us ditched classes and sat in the cafeteria since homeroom bell rang. Rafael just happened to show up.

Anyways, I was stuck sitting in-between Matt and Rafael. Matt had his heavy muscular arm around my shoulders while Rafael was drawing hearts on my right arm with a gel pen. At one point, Rafael tried holding my hand. That was when Matt's arm tightened around my shoulders, pulling me towards him more. Is that jealousy on both their parts? This is all so confusing.

Zacky mentioned a pool party and invited us all. I couldn't help but to look at Matt and smile. I love the water! If I didn't have school all the time, I'd go swimming all freaking day.

Rafael was still drawing on my arm as though he didn't hear Zacky. He must have felt left out. I realize my friends aren't really the kind of friends he's used to having. We're loud, rude, and slightly conceited.

"Hey Rafael?"

"Yes Franchesa?"

"Do you wanna come to the party?"

He stopped with his artwork. "Sure...if it is not too much trouble."

"Not at all! I'm sure everyone would be happy for you to come and hang out with us."

His lips formed into a smile. "Then I would love to go."