I Fell in Love With My Adoption Mom's Son... Welcome to Hell.

Don't It Feel Like Somethings Not Right

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes were Cindy's eyes staring at me. I was so confused as to what had happened to me, that I couldn't think straight. I turned my head to the side and saw Croy's eyes closed and him asleep. What time was it?

It suddenly occured to me that I was in Cindy's house. Why in the world would I be in Cindy's house? I tried to sit up but then my head started to pound and so I gave up. It took me a minute to speak and when I did speak, I mumbled.

"Why am I here?" My mouth was dry and my body felt week. I couldn't see Cindy's face and then I realized that my eyes were closed. I didn't open them though, instead I let them stay shut hoping that this was all a dream and I would wake up at Teena's house.

I could feel Cindy breathing but she didn't say anything. I took this as she needed time to think. She probably just felt bad because of the last time I had seen her. It wasn't exactly what you call a 'good' goodbye.

"You're here because you had a lot to drink," She said wiping a piece of hair from my face. "And because something happened to you, or almost happened to you," Something almost happened to me? Like what? I drank to much and fell down some stairs?

"What almost happened to me?" I asked hesitantly.

"Lindsey, after I tell you this ... I want you to come home okay?" I looked at her confused. I didn't have a home. I read her face though and I knew that she meant her house as home. I took a while to think and then nodded my head.

"Sure, sure," I said continueing to nod.

"And Croy ... could you please try to act like brother and sister?" I looked at her and nodded. "Okay ... Lindsey, I don't want you to be scared okay?"

"Just tell me," I said quietly.

"You were," She took a minute to pause and I then knew that I wasn't going to like what she said next. "You were drinking ... and you met somebody."

"okay"

"And he took you upstairs," I felt the tears immediately start up. Was she telling me that I went to a party, got way too drunk for my own good and met somebody and just leaving out the bit where I maybe possibly was raped? I could feel Cindy shaking and I looked at her to see her crying. I hadn't ever seen her like this before.

"You weren't raped, but if it wasn't for that boy Tyler, then you might have been." She started to cry even more, but she wiped away her tears.

"Who was this guy?" I asked.

"Who Tyler?"

"Him too, but I meant the guy who was going to rape me," I couldn't even think about what could have happened to me. I was about to start crying, thick heavy tears.

"Well... Tyler, he was nice and he knocked down the door to that room you were in. He said he could hear someone screaming. He worked at the club, and he was upstairs cleaning out the rooms. I honestly don't want to think about what could have happened if he wasn't there." I don't know why, but I felt like Cindy was more upset then I was and without thinking I wrapped my arms around her. It was the first heartfelt moment Cindy and I had ever shared.

"The guy in the room with you ... he has been put in jail. You weren't his first victom, but you're lucky. I'm so happy that Tyler was there, I don't know how I'm ever going to repay him."

"Cindy, I'd like to talk to Tyler if you don't mind," I said letting go of her and looking at her softly.

"Okay,"

"Why aren't there cops here?" I asked.

"I took you home after Croy called and then I called the cops. I thought about taking you to the hospital, but Croy said that you would be fine except for a major hangover in the morning. The cops took the guy and then said they'd call me about it when they figured everything out and they thought you'd be awake." Great, now I have a day full of questions, that I obviously did not know the answers too.

"Cindy... I'm sorry," I said softly and looking down.

"Oh Lindsey, don't be sorry about almost getting raped okay. Just be sorry for yourself for the amount of trouble you'll be in after this whole thing is over with. No drinking and did I mention that you're grounded?" I started to laugh a little bit through my tears. It seemed like I should be acting differently to this whole situation, but maybe it was the fact that I didn't remember any of it that made it more calming for me.

"I guess I deserve that," I said.

"And Croy is grounded too. I can't believe he let you drink that much," She said shaking her head.

"Don't be mad at him okay? He didn't know I had drinken that much and we hadn't talked in weeks.

"I thought you guys were talking?" She said confused.

"No, we kind of ended things after ... you know," I said looking down again.

"Lindsey, I love you. And I don't want you to ever drink that much again ... or at all for that matter." I looked at her with wide eyes. She just told me she loved me.

"You ... just... how... what?" I mumbled.

"Did I ever tell you that your mother was my best friend?" She said and again I looked at her with wide eyes.

"You might have left that out ..." I said a little angrily.

"I'm sorry I never told you this story before. I guess it was just because I don't like to talk about it much. I had wanted another kid a while ago, and your mother and father had told me that I was to take care of you when they were ... gone.

"But it was never in writing because they didn't expect to be gone so soon," I took a deep breath as she continued to tell me the rest about my mother and her. My mother and father had died 8 months after I was born. They didn't talk to my grandparents and hadn't had them listed as anything or had anything for people to contact them with. I was supposed to be living with Cindy but then the adoption facility took me away.

I listened to her voice she told me about how she tried everyday for a year to have me live with her. She was my baby sitter for those short 8 months. She was supposed to be my new mom the second my biological mom was gone.

She told me about how her and my mom used to go out for coffee everyday and how much she cried when she had gotten the phone call letting her know about my parents death. The whole story made me cry because it was the first time anybody had told me the mystery behind my parents.

My biological parents died in a car accedent on their way to florida, and I was alive because Cindy was babysitting me for the week that they were gone. My mother's name was Lilly and my Fathers name was Benjamen, and the last name was Shennings which I still carried around as my last name to this day.

"So they made you wait until I was 18 for you to finally adopt me?" I asked once she had stopped talking.

"Yes," She said. "I tried for a long time to have you in my care but the adoption facility thought that someone else would adopt you. There were a lot of people that had come in to see you, but you had a heart problem when you were little and nobody wanted to pay the money to fix you everytime you needed it."

"Why doesn't my heart have problems anymore?" I asked curiously. This was definately a lot to take in.

"Because I payed the adoption facility money to have you fixed if you ever needed it. I don't exactly know the whole deal with it and all. I just know that I payed the money and you were as good as new. You didn't have a heart transplant if thats what you're thinking. It was just something to do with the way it liked to beat." Nothing was said for a while and then finally Cindy got up off of my bed. I looked over to see Croy, but he wasn't there anymore. He was so quiet I hadn't even realized he had left the room.

"I guess I should leave you to your thoughts now. Its a lot to take in and you can sleep and get some rest and we'll talk more in the morning okay?"

"Okay," I said just as she gave me a hug and then turned around to leave. "And Cindy?"

"Yes," She said turning to face me again.

"I love you too," She smile and then hugged me again before leaving the room and turning off the light. I fell asleep eventually, but it felt like ages. I was too lost in my thoughts to concentrate on anything else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Longest chapter?
Hope you like it, I wanted to add a Cindy and Lindsey scene.
Comment, suscribe, love you guys. <3