‹ Prequel: Admit It
Status: In progress

Walk Away (Maybe)

x006.

"Oh, uh.." Joe stuttered, swallowing. The pain is his eyes was clearly visible. "Congrats, Tori." His voice was spiteful as he stuffed his hands in his pockets and turned on his heel, heading out the door.

"Joe!" She called, going to chase after him, but Jason grabbed her arm. His grip looked painful, to be honest.

"You're not going after him." He growled. She bit her lip, averting her eyes elsewhere. I frowned, pulling out of Nick's grip.

"I'll go after him." I stated, going out. "Joe!" I yelled, spotting him at the elevator. He looked over his shoulder. I sprinted to catch him before the doors of the elevator dinged closed.
"Joe-"

"Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't anyone tell me?" He asked.

"Joe, I-I didn't want you to get hurt." I said weakly.

"Hurt?" He laughed. "Oh, I'm more then hurt, Bri." He kept laughing.

"Stop it, Joe." I grabbed his arm. His head snapped in my direction, his eyes glaring. And for the first time, I was scared of him.

"Let go of me."

"No." I said, keeping my voice even. He pulled his arm away. I took it as an opportunity to embrace him. He growled, grabbing my shoulders, trying to push me away. I tightened my grip, burying my face in his chest. His pushing weakened after a moment, and he hesitantly hugged back.

"How could she do this to me?" He asked miserably. "I thought- I thought she really liked me."

"I thought she did, too." I replied, sighing. He hid his face in my shoulder as the elevator grew closer to it's end. I reached over and clicked the stop button.

"What's so special about Jason anyway? He seems like a total jerk."

"I know. Tori's got a weird taste in guys." I said, faking a laugh. He didn't find it very funny and stayed silent. He kind of just stood there, in my arms, for a while.

"Bri?" He asked softly.

"Hm?"

"Will you be my best friend?" The tone in his voice turned my heart to goo.

"If you'll be mine." I felt him smile.

TORI'S POINT OF VIEW.

"Uhm." Taylor said after Bri ran out. "I'm hungry."

"Yeah, me too." Kevin agreed quickly.

"Me, too." Nick nodded. Taylor stood. "You're going like that?"

"Yeah." She ushered them out, sending a worried look over her shoulder at me. Jason's glare hardened as the door closed.

"J-Jason.." I mumbled.

"You cheating on me with that Jonas fag?" He asked.

"No! I'd never-"

"Liar!" He snapped, growing closer. I backed away.

"Jason, please calm down." I begged.

"You love me, don't you?" He grabbed my arms. I flinched. "Don't you?" His voice raised. No, I don't.

"Y-Yes." I whispered, terrified. He smiled, smashing his lips on mine. I whimpered at the force. He pulled back, dragging me out the room.

"I don't want you talking to that fagot anymore. Understood?"

"Joe? But, he's my-"

"Bullshit." He hissed. "You're not talking to him anymore!" I stayed silent.

BRIANNA'S POINT OF VIEW

We've been in this elevator for a while now, just talking. We were sitting across from each other, on the floor. "Hey, best friend?" He said, grinning. I laughed.

"Yes, best friend?"

"What's your favorite color?"

"Yellow. Yours?"

"Blue! We make green!" He held his hand up. I high fived him. I was glad Joe was acting normal, even though I know he's hurting inside.

"I'd do anything just to hold you in my arms, to try and make you laugh. Somehow, I can't put you in the past." My phone rang. He rose an eyebrow as I fished it out of my pocket.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" Tori asked. I blinked. There's something up with her voice...

"Uh, the elevator. Joe's with me."

"Oh. Well, we're getting breakfast. You coming?" I looked to Joe.

"Nah. Can you get us something?"

"Yeah, sure." Click. I hit end, placing it next to me.

"Who was it?"

"Taylor." I lied.

"Oh." He looked at the ceiling awkwardly.

"Taylor's awesome, ya know." He rolled his eyes.

"She's a bitch." He mumbled.

"I wonder why." I snorted. "You dumped her for a slut." He started laughing.

"I guess I did." I laughed.

"You should apologize."

"Yeah, right." He looked back at me.

"Or." I smiled. "You could get her something for Christmas." He paused.

"Maybe. After I get something for my best friend, of course." I giggled. "What do you want, anyhow?"

"Well, I was planning on asking Santa for Nick Jonas." I said. "But I already got that, so..." He rolled his eyes again. "Just surprise me."

"Did you get me something yet?" He asked, eyes sparkling.

"No, not yet. I will, though." I paused. "Even though I don't have a clue what to get. You're an odd boy."

"Surprise me." He mocked. I narrowed my eyes.

"Funny."

***

"I now welcome..." The announcer said. "THE JONAS BROTHERS!" The crowd roared. Me and Tori had joined the audience, instead of being backstage. It was her idea. It was fun, actually. Nick sent a wink in my direction. I giggled.

"You two are sickeningly adorable." She scoffed.

"Mhm." I beamed as they started playing Turn Right. As they finished, I was teary eyed. Nick noticed and smiled warmly at me.

"This next song is a new one!" Joe announced. The crowd screamed. I was confused. They never mentioned a new song.

"It's dedicated to a very special girl in my life." Nick said. I gasped, eyes wide as I covered my mouth.

NICK ;
I don't want this moment to ever end
Where everything's nothing without you
I'll wait here forever just to, to see you smile
'Cause it's true, I am nothing without you

Through it all, I made my mistakes
I stumble and fall, but I mean these words

I want you to know
With everything I won't let this go, these words are my heart and soul
I'll hold on to this moment you know, 'cause I'd bleed my heart out to show
And I won't let go


JOE ;
Thoughts read unspoken, forever in doubt
Pieces of memories fall to the ground
I know what I didn't have so, I won't let this go
'Cause it's true, I am nothing without you

All the streets where I walked alone, with nowhere to go
I've come to an end

I want you to know
With everything I won't let this go, these words are my heart and soul
I'll hold on to this moment you know, 'cause I'd bleed my heart out to show
And I won't let go


BOTH ;
In front of your eyes, it falls from the skies
When you don't know what you're looking to find
In front of your eyes, it falls from the skies
When you just never know what you will find (what you will find)


NICK ;
I don't want this moment to ever end
Where everything's nothing without you


JOE ;
I want you to know
With everything I won't let this go, these words are my heart and soul
I'll hold on to this moment you know, 'cause I'd bleed my heart out to show
And I won't let go


NICK ;
With everything I won't let this go, these words are my heart and soul
I'll hold on to this moment you know, 'cause I'd bleed my heart out to show
And I won't let go


Nick's eyes were on me the entire time. If he didn't have my heart already, he did now.