Nancy Boy

Scared of Girls

I remember when everything was simpler... When life wasn’t always a constant schedule and when I could go out with my brother’s without a camera in my face. Or better yet, I remember when I could go get the mail, without having to yell at people for stealing my parent’s grass.

“Get off my lawn!” I screamed at the latest crazed fan, who’d stolen a branch off our bush. He ran off, high fiving his friends.

“It’s grass! It’s stupid Jersey grass! Why do they care so much?” asked my best friend, Parker. He was gorgeous; He had blond hair, gray eyes with a nose ring and snakebite piercings. He also had a few tattoos; across his knuckles he had: gay♥ ♥boy, one his left wrist he had skull with a rose and an anime drawing on his ankle.

“’Cause, oh em gee, it’s grass from Gerard and Mikey Way’s house,” I said in a squeaky vally-girl mocking voice. I then added in a more annoyed tone, “Slash, they’re parents’ and sister’s house since they’re hardly ever here anymore...” A flash caught the corner of my eye, “What now?” I growled before spotting a woman taking a picture of a girl about my age in the stairwell to our basement. “Get the fuck out of here!” I yelled.

Parker looked down at his cell phone, “Let’s see... They’ve been gone for... 5 months.... You’re getting restless, aren’t you?”

I rolled my eyes, “Why do you say that?”

“Cause you just yelled at your mom, taking a picture of your cousin....” he laughed.

“Shit! Sorry mom!” I yelled over.

My mom just laughed, “Hey don’t worry about it... She wanted to send it to your brother’s, they haven’t seen her in a few years... That, and she’s going as Frank for Halloween, this is a pre-run.”

I laughed, “Kick ass Tina,” I smiled at my cousin before looking back at Parker. “I bet you’re getting restless as well..”

“Um, not exactly,” he laughed. “Unlike you, I’m not in school, I get to fly out to see them...”

“Shit, forgot about that...” I muttered.

“Hey, on the bright side,” he said hugging me, “you’re officially a high school grad... And... I think my sister has a surprise for you... If we can find her...”

My name is Ashleigh Elena Way, and if you still haven’t caught on (which would be really bad if you haven’t) I’m the younger sister of Gerard and Mikey Way of the band My Chemical Romance. I’m 17 years old, but most people think I’m much older, mainly because my friends range from the ages of 19-30, if you count my brother Gerard. I mean, shit, Parker’s 20 and we’ve been attached at the hip for years.
I have bright green eyes and naturally honey blonde hair, but I usually keep it dyed. Currently it was short, choppy and bleach-blond, which it has been since before my brother tried it.. I just want to make it perfectly clear that Gee, usually steals my hair color. My bangs were dyed black red. I have my lip pierced on both sides, a hoop in my nose and random ear piercings; when I say random, I mean random, I know a piercer at the a local tattoo and body piercings shop, and usually I just had her stick a needle and hoop in wherever.

As far as tattoos went I had a star tattooed next to my right eye, a girly skull with crossbones and a bow tattooed on my left arm with purple oozing around it, a heart through a crosshair (KH logo) on my chest with ‘Never Surrender’ underneath, the Deatbat on my lower back in black and purple, The Revenge CD cover on my right shoulder, The Black Parade marcher on my left shoulder, the Bullet’s hangman going down my right forearm, ‘A friend in need’s a friend indeed, a friend who’ll tease is better...’ in cursive on my neck and finally, a purple heart on my wrist with my grandmother’s name, Elena, underneath it. Yeah, I have a few tattoos... Sometimes, I get bored and have Gerard draw some tattoo ideas, or ask my friends for ideas... I used to draw a star next to my eye in eyeliner, so Mikey suggested that to save time, my mom hated that one. Gerard drew the skull, and Zacky from Avenged Sevenfold suggested the bullet’s tattoo, since he realized that was the only cd missing from my collection. The first tattoo I got at 15, it was my grandmother’s name.

“You’re damn straight I have a surprise for her!” Parker’s sister, Kays, said running up to my door. She was a year younger than him and just as gorgeous with brown hair with red tips and awesome blue eyes with a hazel ring around them. She had three piercings in both ears (her cartilage pierced and two on the bottom), and left side of her lip.

“Well,” I smiled, “what is it?!”

“Hold on,” she said, taking a minute to catch her breath. “Okay, I’m good... How would you like to get your camera and spend the summer taking pictures of Project Revolution with me, Parker and your brother’s?”

“My brother’s are taking pictures?” I teased, in a surprisingly calm manner.

Parker smirked, “Wait, I feel a squeal coming in 3...2...”

I did, I can’t help it... I squealed and jumped on Kays in a hug, “I fucking love you!”

“I know,” she smiled. “Shit, you deserve it! You finished high school with honors and a year early... You’re the first child that didn’t give your mom a heart attack senior year, making her think you’d have to repeat 12th grade!”

I hugged Parker next, “I can’t believe you kept this a fucking secret from me!”

“It was difficult,” he smiled, taking a drag on his cigarette, “but Franky threatened me...”

“Really?” I said raising a brow. “What did he threaten celibacy?” I laughed.

Parker smirked, “Would any other threat have worked?”

“Nope,” Kays laughed. “Well, I just can’t wait to find a dark secluded corner for me and my baby, Mi--” I hit her, she rose a brow before spotting my mom. “Mindless Self Indulgence?” she covered.

“Oh come on now, Kays... I’m not an idiot, clearly all of you are sexually active, you’re all adults,” my mom laughed.

“Mom... that was the creepiest thing you’ve ever said...” I blinked.

“How was the creepy in any way?” she laughed. “As long as you boys you’re your raincoats...”

“Nope, Ash... That was the creepiest thing mom has ever said...” someone said behind me.

I spun around and jumped on them, knocking us both to the ground, “GEE!”

“Holy shit, miss us much!?” Mikey laughed.

I jumped up and hugged him as well, “Fuck yes! Hey Franky,” I smiled, hugging him quick before letting him continue his path to Parker. “Where’re Bob and Ray?” I asked with a frown.

“Right here!” Bob yelled, waving his arms frantically, still crossing the street.

I ran at him and jumped up in a hug, “Bobby!” I squealed before getting down to hug Ray.

“Hey kiddo!” Ray smiled, tussling my hair. “We missed you! Congratulations Grad!” he smiled.

“Yeah! Congrats!” Bob smiled as everyone else also uttered their cheers.

We all moved into the house, sitting in the living room and catching up with each other for the next few hours...

Okay... So maybe 'simple' was over-rated...