Nancy Boy

In The Cold Light Of Morning

I had asked Adam to tell Brian that I had to cancel (given the circumstances), but Adam insisted that I should go, so I did.

It was now 3am and Brian and I had just taken the last train from NY to Connecticutt to meet his tour bus and continue to the next venue in Hartford.

"Thanks babe," I said sleepily as we waiting on a bence for the bus--- they were ten or fifteen minutes away now. "Tonight was perfect."

He smiled and kissed the top of my head as we snuggled closer, his arm around my shoulder. "You're welcome," he said softly, "I had a lot of fun tonight." There was a brief pause before he got serious, "Now... Will you tell me what happened earlier?"

I hadn't told him about Bert, I didn't want to ruin the night, but now... damn, I had no excuse. I put my legs over his so I was now sitting sideways and adjusted my black dress. He looked really cute in black trousers, a white collared shirt and a black vest with purple pinstripes. I kissed him for a long moment before receiving a look urging me not to avoid the subject. I gave a defeated sigh, "I have a run in after you left..."

"Gerard?" he asked, sure of himself.

I shook my head, "I wish... No, it was Bert, The Used was just added to the tour..."

"What?" he asked sitting up shocked and confused.

"Yeah," I said simply, "tell me about it..."

"What happened?" he asked next, looking furious with Bert.

"Nothing, well... he threatened me."

"Did he---"

"No, he didn't 'touch' me," I said exasperated. "God, I wish everyone would stop asking that..." I added with a sigh.

"Babe," he said sympathetically, "I didn't mean..."

"No, I know," I said kissing his cheek, "I'm sorry..."

"He threatened you though?" he asked in an almost whisper.

I nodded, "Yeah... I was scared shitless... But I kicked him in the crotch so hard, I'm surprised his lungs didn't collapse..."

"Thats my girl..." Brian smirked, causing us both to laugh. "I won't let him near you again," he then added seriously, "you know that, right?"

I smiled and nodded as the bus pulled up, "I know, thanks..." We kissed for a long moment. "Can I just sleep here tonight? Instead of switching off in Hartford? I'm beat..."

"Can we keep cuddling?" he asked adorably.

I laughed, "Yeah?"

"Then, duhh," he smiled as we climbed onto the bus.