Status: sleeping

Did We All Fall Down, Well After All

Chapter 3

::Mikey's POV::

"Are we there yet?" Bob asked.

"No, we're not there yet," I told him.

"I'm hungry," Frank complained.

"Dude, we just got back from Ihop. How in the world could you possibly be hungry," Quinn said.

"Do not question my metabolism!" The hospital slowly came into view.

"Did you call Gerard and tell him we were on our way?" I asked. All of them looked at each other.

"Who are you talking to?"

"You, Ray! You were supposed to call Gerard." He remained silent. I sighed and pulled my phone out my pocket and dialed his number. "Some things you just have to do yourself," I said to myself. On the third ring he picked up.

"Mikey! She speaks!" It took me a second to register that he was talking about Hannah.

"Oh my god, really?!" All of them leaned up close to me.

"Ya, but I don't know how strong her memory is." My eyes widened slightly.

"Does she remember me?"

"Of course she does!" I heard her say something in the background. "She wants coconut. They don't have any here and she needs it."

"How hard did she hit her head?"

"No, she says it's one of those pregnant craving things." I pulled into the parking lot and got a spot close to the door.

"Alright, we're coming up right now. See you when we get there. Bye."

"Bye."

::Gerard's POV::

"This is actually some pretty good eggs for a hospital," I said. She nodded in agreement. They had brought both Hannah and I trays of breakfast that consisted of eggs, a piece of toast, and orange juice. I got coffee. The woman doctor, whose name I discovered to be Dr. Walters, said they would run the memory tests after she eats.

"Do you think it's strange that hospital coffee is some of the best coffee ever?"

"No, I think it's supposed to be that way. Cause the doctors and nurses do night shifts a lot. I'm sure they make coffee all the time and have become experts at it."

"Very true." There was a light knock on the door. "Come in." It squeaked open and in walked Mikey, Ray, Bob, Quinn, and Frank.

"Hey guys!" Hannah said.

"It's a miracle!" Frank said and went over to hug her.

"OW! OW! OW!"

"Ohmygosh.I'msosorry.Ididn'tmeantohurtyou.pleaseforgiveme!!!" She smiled.

"I was kidding. Geesh." He laughed and went back to hug her. "So did you sleep well?" They nodded.

"Are you sore?" Bob asked.

"Sore as fuck. It kills major and that heart monitor is turning me into a lunatic." I grinned. I liked the sound of a heart monitor. It meant life. The only time I would ever hate it would be if it stopped beeping.

"Mr. Way?" All of us turned to the door. Dr. Walters came into the room. "It's time to check what she remembers."

"Bring it on, chief!" she said enthusiastically. I went with the guy over to the large couch under the window and we sat down.

"Mr. Way, I'll need you for this." I looked over at the rest of the guys and got up. Dr. Walters pulled up two chairs next to her bed. "Okay Hannah, we'll start with the easy questions. If you don't know the answer, it's fine." She nodded. "What year is it?"

"2006." I smiled.

"How old are you?"

"I'll be turning fourteen in about a week." I gave her thumbs up and she smirked.

"What color is the sky?" She scoffed.

"Blue."

"Liar!" Frank yelled from behind us.

"How many eggs are in a dozen?" She had to think about it for a second before answering.

"Twelve."

"Alright. Very good Hannah. Now Mr. Way, I need you to ask her some personal questions to see if she can remember that." I nodded and scooted closer to her and smiled.

"Where did we meet you?" Her face went blank.

"Sh. . . .Chicago??" I looked over at Dr. Walters.

"Is that correct?" she asked me.

"Yes, sorry. Um, what did you get your Uncle Mikey for his birthday?" She looked over my shoulder than down at her hands. No.

"I-. . . ." She stopped and stared straight into my eyes. "I don't know."

"That's perfectly fine," Dr. Walters said. What?! No it's not! "Go on Mr. Way." I looked back at Hannah and stood and walked around to the other side of her bed.

"Where do I live?" She hesitated.

"On a bus?"

"No, Hannah. What state?" She shut her eyes and slowly shook her head. I motioned for Quinn to come over to where I was. Once he was standing next to me, he started asking questions too.

"What food did Bert make the first time you came to our apartment?"

"I don't know."

"What did Mikey name the kitten that Alicia got him for his birthday?" I asked.

"I don't know."

"Who is the father of your child!?" The room was silent. Her eyes shot open and her head slowly turned towards me and Quinn. "Hannah, please." I said.

"Bert."

"What did he do to you?" I asked, happy that she remembered one thing. "Hann-"

"He raped me? I don't know!!"

"You don't know or you don't want to remember?" Quinn asked.

"I. Do. Not. Know. Quit asking me questions." I looked down at her. She didn't remember any of the good times we had together. She didn’t remember all of the horrible things that have happened to her.

"She needs her rest. If you could come with me, we can discuss some things in my office." All of us looked over at Dr. Walters. She held the door open for us. They began to file out. "Mr. Way, please follow me." I looked back at Hannah once more to see her crying. I leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"You do know I'm your father, don't you?"

"Of course." I smiled. That was what's most important to me.

::Dr. Walter's Office::
::Mikey's POV::


It was just the doctor, Gerard, and me. The rest of the guys waited nervously out in the waiting room. I told them not to call anyone until we found out what was going on.

"So what you're telling me is that the only thing she can remember is this man raping her?"

"Yes M'am."

"Well, Mr. Way, from past happenings, the only way she'll be able to remember anything is if you make her remember that experience." I looked at her quizzically.

"What do you mean, make her remember?" She leaned forward in her large leather chair.

"We had a young man who could only remember a football game, so we made him go play football. We had a mother that could only remember going to her daughter's ballet recital, so we made the daughter perform the dance for her. What I'm saying is, she's going to have to relive that experience so that she can remember the rest of her life."

"You mean. . .?"

"Someone will have to rape her."