Status: Finished

Everyone Pretends They're Happy

You Sure?

The guys arrived back about an hour later carrying two bags each. All were filled with alcohol and snacks. We’d all helped putting it away and trying to fit in all into the fridge, but with slight fail so what didn’t fit had to sit on the table top and wait for the party to start in a few days.
‘‘Evie, would you come here for a second please?’’ I heard Loretta call from her room. I walked from the kitchen to see her throwing all of her clothes to the floor.
‘‘Wow, it looks like closet threw up everywhere.’’ I chuckled, walking into her room.
‘‘Would you come shopping with me?’’ She asked, sounding desperate. ‘‘I have no nice clothes for a party, its my first one, I want to look decent.’’ She half whined.
‘‘Of course I will, don’t stress.’’ I smiled helping her pick all of her clothes up and putting them away for her.
***
‘‘How about this?’’ Loretta asked, holding up quite an ugly dress against her body. I scrunched my nose and shook my head. She smiled sheepishly, putting it back on the rack. ‘‘I don’t have much dress sense.’’ She admitted.
‘‘Don’t worry, come with me.’’ I beamed and grabbed her hand. We ran to the opposite end of the store where, in my opinion, had the best dresses. ‘‘Do you like simple?’’ I asked her, rummaging through the racks.
‘‘Well all I ever wear is plain and simple clothes. So yeah, I enjoy simple more than all…out there.’’ She replied, also looking at the dresses but probably clueless to what she was looking for.
After a short while I found the perfect dress for Loretta. ‘‘How about this?’’ I asked holding the dress against me like she had previously done. Loretta’s face lit up when she saw it and she couldn’t contain her smile.
‘‘Its perfect.’’ She beamed. It was a round neck dress with a ruffled hem that rested just above the knee. It was a dark purple with light green dots all over it and a large bow sewed to the shoulder.. ‘‘I love it. Thank you, Evie.’’ Again I felt happy that I’d done something nice for someone without any intentions of receiving anything back.
We left the store, Loretta happy with the dress and happy that she was going to attend her first party.
***
‘‘Evie, where have you been?’’ Garrett huffed as I walked into the house. I chuckled at his childishness and explained I’d helped Loretta shop for a new outfit. ‘‘Well, now you’re back, you want to go for a walk?’’ He asked, edging towards the door. I grinned and ran to his side, leaving Loretta and the guys with a short wave.
‘‘What you lot been doing?’’ I asked Garrett, linking our fingers together and taking large enough strides to keep up to his side.
‘‘Just more band practice. Maybe had a few drinks out of the party stuff…but only maybe, it could’ve been water.’’ He replied, smirking. I laughed and we walked a little further before I complained my feet were hurting from walking all day. We took a seat on the grassy field where families came for picnics, or soccer, or just for a day out of a stuffy house. Garrett rested back on his hands and I positioned myself in between his outstretched legs and rested my back against his chest.
‘‘I love being like this.’’ Garrett said then rested his weight onto one hand and used the other to move my hair from my face and tucking it neatly behind my ear.
‘‘Me too.’’ I smiled even though he couldn’t see it. I pushed myself up from my position on Garrett and turned sideways and propped my legs over his. I inhaled and exhaled again and again, ignored the strange look Garrett was giving me. I turned my head to face him and leaned in closer.
‘‘You sure?’’ He asked, also leaning in closer.
I nodded and smiled. I pushed my lips to his and he brought his hand up to my cheek to keep me there. I lost myself in our first kiss. In my opinion, it was worth waiting for, and it was worth it to make Garrett happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, its taken a while for this I realise. I’ve lost subscribers too...but the ones who actually kept this, thank you.
I’ll try make this more frequent...no promises though, I don’t do those.