‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat

And All Things Will End

Angry Emma

While the kids were at school, Zacky and I decided to hang out together. It was something we never did enough of anymore.

I dressed up in a plain black shirt that clung onto my skin. Anna approved of this shirt, saying it was nice on my type of body. I didn't know what that meant, and I didn't plan on asking her either.

I put on some regular jeans that were neither too tight or loose on me. Anna said that they didn't look like mom jeans, so she was just happy about that. I wasn't sure what that meant either.

I quickly ran down the stairs like Zack had done many times. Of course, this time I couldn't yell at myself for it.

"Babe, are you done yet?" Zacky whined.

No doubt he was sitting down on the couch in the living room. For some reason, he liked to exaggerate at how much I actually made him wait. He was such a baby sometimes.

"I'm ready," I said, entering the living room.

Zacky practically jumped off of the couch. He smiled at me.

"Thank God, you chose the easy way to dress yourself up. I didn't wanna wait for a make over," he said chuckling.

I smiled at him.

Even with a smile on my face, I still felt a little hurt.

Did he not think that this was enough anymore? Did he really want me to get a make over yet again? Why else would he bring it up?

I grabbed Zacky's hand, and we walked out of the house.

I let go of Zacky's hand, and I ran to go get shot gun. I know the kids weren't here, but it was practically tradition anyways.

I giggled, when I saw Zacky shaking his head, laughing at me.

"I beat ya, loser!" I yelled at him. "I let you win," he said, smiling wide.

Zacky unlocked the car, and I jumped inside. I began to play with the radio, trying to find the right station to listen to.

"Just pop in a CD," Zacky said.

Just as the words came out of his mouth, he groaned. He said his worst nightmare. He knew what I would choose, if he gave me the choice.

I giggled, and I grabbed the CD holder in the back seat. I looked through it, before I found the perfect one.

I popped it in, and I listened to the first come on. I made this CD to make Zacky squirm.

"I made it through the wilderness, somehow I made it through." I sang.

Zacky groaned.

For some reason, he hated this CD. I guess it was because I decided to fill it up with all these pop songs that I could sing along to. Well, I could get most of the lyrics anyways.

I didn't bother with the CD unless I was with Zacky. It was special.

After listening to Madonna and Michael Jackson, Zacky turned the CD off.

"I need to talk to you," he mumbled.

Those words are usually what men fear women will say to them. I've been terrified to hear them ever since Zacky and I got married.

"What," I asked softly.

Zacky looked over at me, before he laughed loudly. His eyes went back to the road.

"No, it's not that, babe. I'm not leaving you or anything," he said, still laughing. "Then don't use those words!" I yelled.

I really was scared.

"It's alright, babe. I love you way too much to ever leave you," Zacky said. "You sure," I mumbled.

"If I wasn't trying to drive and not kill us in the process, I would kiss you." Zacky said.

I grinned, and I unbuckled myself. I quickly gave Zacky a kiss on the cheek.

"Love you," I said. "Love you too, hun." Zacky said.

I was just happy that a cop didn't see that.

"No, but I really do have to talk to you, babe." Zacky said. He was sighing deeply, and that told me that it was serious.

"What happened?" I asked.

Zacky groaned, and he quickly looked at me.

Something was wrong.

"Zacky, just tell me. I can handle it," I said.

Zacky grabbed my left hand.

"Now don't get mad at me, Emma. I'm just telling you the truth," he said. I nodded slowly.

Zacky gulped.

Just what the hell was this hard to tell me? I was sure that nothing could be this bad.

"I have to go off on another tour," Zacky said.

It was that bad.

I let go of Zacky's hand.

"No, you just got back." I said angrily. "But I have to," he mumbled. "You never have to do anything, Zacky. Tell whoever is making you that you're not going!" I yelled.

Zacky groaned.

"I can't, Emma. I'm going," he said. I glared at him.

This happy day was suddenly a bad one now.

"Don't go, Zacky. You just got back to your family. What else is more fucking important than Zack and Anna?" I asked.

Zacky sighed.

"Nothing's more important than you guys," he mumbled. "So why are you leaving?" I asked.

"It's not that simple, Emma. I promised an old friend that I would do this for him," Zacky said.

I groaned, and I turned my back to Zacky. I stared out the window. I felt like I had to force Zacky to see his own damn family now. I was just a nuisance.

I was the whiny wife I never wanted to be.

"Look, it's not even really a tour. I'm just going around to teach little kids how to play the guitar," Zacky explained.

I growled.

"And fucking Brian couldn't do that for you? Michelle could go with him! They don't have fucking kids either," I mumbled.

Zacky groaned.

"Syn wants time to work on his marriage. You know they've always been rocky." Zacky said. "So have we," I muttered.

"Don't be like this, Emma. Today we were supposed to have some fun," Zacky said. "When are you leaving, Zachary?" I asked.

"Don't call me that, Emma." Zacky whined. "When are you leaving," I asked again.

Zacky sighed.

"By the end of the week," he mumbled. "So four more days," I mumbled.

Zacky and I didn't say anything after that.

We got to the mall, but everything was already ruined. I didn't like shopping in the first place. It was only fun, when I was with Zacky. But seeing as how I was very angry at him, I tried my best to ignore him.

I would walk quickly, hoping to leave Zacky behind. Of course, Zacky had much longer legs than me, meaning he didn't have to break a sweat catching up to me.

I was now staring at a lion plushie in the Hallmark store. It was really adorable. Maybe I would give it to Anna or Zack. Maybe Sam would like it though.

"Hey, it's fucking Zacky Vengeance and his wife!" I heard someone yell.

I muttered a curse word under my breath.

I looked up, and I was right.

There were millions of girls, trying their best to talk to Zacky. They were all shoving pens and papers at him. A girl was even trying to get his pants off.

I groaned, and I practically had to shove my way out of the store.

I sat down on one of the mall's benches. I glared down at the ground.

Was it a mistake to marry Zacky?

"What are you doing alone," I heard someone ask.

I looked up to see Brian.

"Oh, I love you." I said happily.

I practically jumped on Brian, hugging him.

"Today's been terrible," I muttered. I felt a tear sliding down my face.

I wasn't sure why I was crying, but I was sure that it was fitting for this moment.

Brian hugged me back.

"What happened," he asked. He rubbed my back slightly.

I let go of Brian.

"Did you know that Zacky was leaving this week?" I asked. Brian automatically looked down at the ground.

"You did," I mumbled.

I glared at Brian.

"Why didn't you warn me or something?" I asked angrily. "I thought it would be best, if your husband told you." Brian said.

I sighed.

Brian was right yet again.

Brian hugged me.

"Look, he'll only be gone for a month or so," Brian said softly. "That's still too long. A day would be far too long," I muttered.

Brian let go of me.

"Emma, I promise I'll make sure his dumb ass calls you every damn day," Brian said, smiling. I nodded.

"Thanks, Brian." I said softly.

He nodded.

"So do you want me to get us some ice cream now?" he asked. I nodded slowly.

Brian and I walked to the food court. I sat down at a table.

I nearly shouted, when I realized that I didn't tell Brian what flavor I wanted. I stopped, when I saw vanilla in his right hand.

He remembered.

I sighed.

I didn't want Brian to cheer me up. I wanted Zacky to cheer me up. He was the one that was married to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I finally updated again. So what do you girls think of Zacky leaving yet again?