‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat

And All Things Will End

Men

Brian dropped me off, saying he didn't want me to shoot his best friend's head off, while I was still angry at him. I just told him that if I did it, it would be Zacky's own fault.

I sighed as I entered my home. No one else was yet.

I was happy about that little fact too. I needed my personal time right now, and I didn't need anyone to distract me right now.

I walked up to my stairs slowly, making my way to my bedroom. My feet felt heavy, and it was probably around four by now.

I opened my bedroom door, and I slowly trudged my way to the bed. I sat down, and I ended up laying down soon enough.

I huffed, and I ran my fingers through my long hair.

I groaned, when I realized something.

I was wrong.

"Babe, are you home?"

Zacky was home now.

"In the room," I called out.

I quickly jumped up from the bed, and I immediately began to fix my hair.

I smiled, when I saw Zacky enter the room. He didn't look so happy though.

He gave me a weak smile.

"Emma, I'm so sorry." He said. "Don't be," I said softly.

"No, I should've told you about the tour earlier. Or maybe I shouldn't have agreed to it." he muttered.

"Zacky, stop. I don't blame you for agreeing to go on it. I've always known being married to you would be hard. I just need to learn to be less emotional about things," I said.

Zacky smiled at me, and he grabbed my hand.

"I can get off the tour, if ya want. Family always comes first, especially my beautiful wife." he said softly.

"No, I want you to do it. I know you really want to.You love to teach people. I want you to be happy, Zacky." I said softly.

Zacky's hand caressed my cheek, and I smiled up at him.

"I have the most amazing wife ever," he mumbled.

I have the most annoying wife ever! She insists that I do everything wrong. She insists that I do everything still. She insists I don't make enough money. She insists I must be the one who's not normal.

"Get the fuck out!" she screamed.

I didn't argue. I simply did what she said.

Who would want to argue with that?

I would seriously kill to have Zacky's wife.


I heard the door slam shut, and I nearly squealed out loud.

Today was the day that Anna would bring home her new little boyfriend for us to meet. I couldn't wait to see how he looked.

I was imagining someone that looked very much like a rebel. I was imagining someone with dyed hair and piercings.

I guess my imagination just wanted her to like someone that would sort of fit in with the family right away.

I just prayed that he wouldn't be disrespectful. If he was, then Zacky would probably murder him on the spot.

I looked over at Zacky. His eyes were blank. I guessed that he was probably thinking of the many ways to kill a young boy.

"Be nice," I warned him. "I'm always nice," he said with a grin on his face.

I grabbed Zacky's hand, and we walked to the stairs.

"Anna, where are you two?" I called out.

"Not yet, Mom!" she screamed out.

I was slightly taken back by her tone, but I guessed that she wanted to do some last minute "clean ups".

"Okay, come down to the living room," Anna yelled.

I shrugged it off.

Zacky lead me to the living room.

Anna was standing there with Yancy next to her.

"Here for moral support, Aunt Emma." he said grinning.

I smiled back at him.

He was my favorite nephew, and not just because he was my only one.

"So Mom and Dad, I want you guys to just stay as calm as possibly, okay?" Anna asked.

"You're using your little girl voice, Anna." I said. "I love her little girl voice," Zacky whispered.

I jabbed him in the rib, causing him to cough.

"Which is why she got to go to many concerts," I muttered.

"Stay on subject," Yancy said. "Thank you," Anna muttered.

"Come on, honey, I won't be making any fuss here," I said. "I'm not worried about you, Mom." Anna whispered.

"Just bring the damn boy out!" Zacky said.

"Ashley, come on out." Anna whimpered out.

"I like the name Ashley on a boy," I said happily.

What came out of the kitchen into the living room was not what I was expecting at all. There was no piercings on that body. Not a strand of their hair was dyed any abnormal color.

What was standing into my living room, holding my daughter's hand, was a rather plain and ordinary girl.

It was an ordinary girl.

It was a girl.

It was a girl that was standing next to my daughter.

This girl had short brown curls. She bright green eyes were staring straight at me. She had a small hopeful smile on her lips.

I had to hold back my many questions that were flooding my mind. None of them would really make this situation any better.

But I didn't need to say anything. Zacky beat me to it.

"What the fuck," he whispered.

"Please don't freak out, Daddy." Anna pleaded.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Baker. My name is Ashely Merwin. Very much pleased to meet the both of you finally," the young girl said, smiling timidly.

Zacky didn't say a word, he just walked into the kitchen.

I gulped, not knowing what to do. I had to put the pieces together a million times in my head, before I could do anything.

"You're gay," I asked.

I could've hit myself. That wasn't exactly the nicest comment to say to my own daughter.

"Mom, please don't get angry with me. I know it's not exactly the most convenient thing to be, but I can't help it." Anna said.

"That's not it at all," I mumbled.

"Excuse me for being so blunt, but are you, in any way, against homosexuals?" Ashley asked.

I shook my head.

"No, not in any way actually," I said softly.

A loud yell from the kitchen caused me to jump up.

"Dude, you are not gonna believe this! My daughter's a fucking lesbian!"

I groaned.

Zacky really needed to be smacked across the face right now.

"I know! I'm the luckiest dad ever right now. I never have to worry about stupid ass guys!" Zacky shouted.

I couldn't tell if he was being sincere at all, so I just tried my best to get the attention of everyone else in the house.

"So when did you two meet?" I asked. "We met in our Chemistry class, during sophomore year." Ashley said.

"Mom, are you really okay with this?" Anna asked.

I smiled at her.

"Perfectly fine actually; I'm happy you're not dating some asshole." I said cheerfully.

Zacky entered the room, and this time, he had a smile on his face.

"Ashely, you have no idea how much you've made my fucking life," Zacky said quickly.

Ashley's face was priceless. Her mouth was wide open.

"So you approve, Daddy?" Anna asked happily. "Approve? Shit, I never have to see you with a guy! This makes my fucking life." he shouted.

I nearly screamed, when I heard my front door slam open.

"She's really a lesbo?" I heard Jimmy shout.

I rolled my eyes.

I guess men were men.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know Ari and Bry are probably gonna point out I'm not supposed to be on right now, but hey... I don't know. But I haven't updated for Zacky-kins in the longest time, so I just had to. I had an urgue to write. D: