Status: Active

Gorgeous In a Way.

Gorgeous In a Way 05; by Jez Heroin

Ronnie's POV

"So, are we sorted for Bryan's brother's party this friday then?" Robert asked. It was the end of the school day and we were heading back...somewhere...The band usually practiced in Max's mom's basement, and you had to walk past Max's to get to my dad's place. So obviously, Rob hadn't caught on that I wasn't planning on going to rehearsal that night.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, probably making it stand up weirdly.

"Dude, what the hell are you talking about? Since when are we going to Bryan's brothers' party anyway?"

"You smoke way too much weed, Ronnie," he shook his head affectionatly. "I only told you, like, a couple of days ago. Bryan's brother is having a birthday party on friday - which is the day after tomorrow, in case you forgot that too - and he's asked if we can play there."

"Play? As in...band playing? Fuck's sake, man...you mean, like, a live set?"

"No, as in we magically get ourselves a recording deal and become a serious band overnight, produce a video for a song, send it to MTV or something and get Bryan's brother and his mates to watch us on tv that night," he said sarcastically. Rob was very good at being sarcastic. "Yeah a live set. Anyway, Bryan already asked Max - he'll go if Nicola can get in too. You up for it, or do we need to find another singer-slash-rhythm guitarist?"

"I'll do it," I replied. "As long as Max...d'you think I can bring Sophie?"

"I thought you two were gonna break up, dude," he exclaimed. "I would think you can. What were you gonna say? About Max?"

"Oh...nothing," I shrugged as we turned onto Max's street. I'd actually been about to say 'as long as Max comes too', but I'd just managed to stop in time. Why the hell was I thinking about Max so much lately, anyway? It had been going on for a few weeks now...and I couldn't help it really. Max was just so fucking gorgeous. Wait - what? No way. No way!

"Rob, listen dude, I'm gonna skip practice tonight, I don't feel good," I told him, trying my best to look shaky and sick. He stopped outside Max's parents house and glanced at me, half exasperated, half concerned.

"You sure? Fair enough, I'll tell the others. See ya tomorrow though, right Radke?"

"If I feel like turning up," I called back, walking quickly down the road.

By the time I was a couple of blocks away from Max's though, I was beginning to have second thoughts about skipping. I did need to practice, I knew that. And I needed to finish my song. I'd started off writing these dirty lyrics about Sophie and me, only in an different situation...but now, whenever I tried to get in the mood to write, Max would suddenly pop into my head. It was fucking annoying. I needed help with the last bit anyway. I paused, hesitated a few moments, then turned and began walking back to Max's.

They were already down there in the basement, all of them: Rob on drums; Bryan playing lead and Max, perched on the edge of the table with his bass guitar strapped onto him. They all glanced up as I walked down the stairs - and, well okay, lets put it this way:sixty sixpercent looked actually relieved that I'd turned up.

"Rob said you didn't feel well," Max said, fixing me with a hard stare. I stared right back and shrugged, smirking at him.

"I didn't. I'm fine. End of. You wanna practice or not?"

"What the hell is going on with you two?" Bryan put in curiously. "You're both being really...hostile to one another. Did you have a fight or something?"

"Shut up," me and Max snapped together, then exchanged glances. I was the first to give in - but only cause I couldn't be fucked with the effort of argueing. I smiled slightly, looked away.

"Okay, fine, whatever. I'm sorry. Dunno what for, but I said it." I walked over and hugged him around his bass. Maybe I hung on a second too long, maybe not...but as I stepped back and turned to pick up my rhythm guitar that I kept over there for safety...I thought I saw Max blushing slightly.

"Alright, anyway guys, I need someone to help me with these lyrics," I said quickly, pretending to mess around with my guitar, but really avoiding Max's gaze. I had no intention of letting him see my 'oh so it's that way, is it?' smirk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback? :)