Status: Also completed on Wattpad!

Celebrity Crush

Chapter 14

I pulled into my front drive. I was surprised to see that there were lights on inside of the house. I pulled the key from the ignition and grabbed my backpack. I stepped out of the jeep closing the door behind me. As I walked to the door, I pulled out my cell phone checking my messages and calls.

I found I had atleast about 2 missed calls and 5 unread messages all from Alex. I released
a gulp of air and just shut my phone. Maybe later I will call him but now I am not in the mood to deal with his shitty excuses.

I stepped onto the concrete porch. Slowly I turned the knob pushing open the door. As I stepped inside I could hear the TV on in the living room. I stepped inside more and closed the door behind me. Cautiously I turned back to the closest window to check for cars.

Surprisingly I found the SUV gone, a clue my mom was atleast gone. My mind began wondering about the possibilities Robert was home for. I walked closer to the living room searching for the celebrity in my house. I found that he wasn't in the living room and I heard movement from the kitchen.

Suddenly I saw Robert walk into the living room. He was dressed in a pair of dark jeans, a blue collar shirt, and a baseball cap. He had a pair of shades hanging from his shirt that I could see.

Well lets just say his attire didn't help the slowly growing crush for him. The first button on the shirt came down anyway but he still had it undone showing a small part of his chest.

The bottom of the shirt came open some and it to was showing a small part of his stomach. Apparently he had noticed my arrival for he finally found me looking at him.

“Oh hi Laura. I hope you had great day at school.”

As he said that he ran his hand through his long hair. Since I had seen his interviews before I could tell that he was nervous. Why he was nervous around me I will never know.
“It was alright. I had more fun at my friends house after school though.”

He smiled at me and I thought I just might collapse, his smile could put any model to shame.

“That's good atleast you did have some fun today.”

I couldn't believe how nice he was, asking about me. My own mother never asked any of these questions.

“I hope I am not being nosy but I thought you would be with my mom.”

His eyes actually moved to the wall as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

“You aren't being nosy. Anyway the honest answer actually is that I thought that maybe you wouldn't want to be here alone. Possibly I could get to know you better while your mom is out with some of her own clients.”

A smile found its own way to my lips. I really couldn't believe that my celebrity crush and my mom's boyfriend wanted to get to know me, the little nerd.

“Okay well just let me put my things away and then I guess we could find something to do around here.”

“Okay how about we change into pajamas and find some board game to play.”

I only nodded my head and turned toward the stairs.
I pulled on a white tank top and a pair of light brown sweatpants over my undergarments. I stepped in front of my closet looking for some kind of jacket since the house was getting very cold.

It was late October meaning that fall and winter were about to set in. I knew that Halloween was coming soon but to be honest its not really my thing. Then I knew during the second week of November the New Moon premiere was happening.

Kimi and I already knew that we were going to the Midnight showing no matter what happen. We were having our own little fan friend party.

I slipped on on a pair of house shoes and walked toward the chest at the end of my bed. I unlocked the big lock and pulled open the top. My eyes searched all around at the old game boards I had. I had the old version of monopoly and a couple newer versions of the game.

I pulled out the old version and the Disney version. I had this strange feeling that he would choose the old version.

I tucked the games under my arm and turned toward the door. Slowly I walked downstairs into the living room. Robert wasn't in here and the TV was now turned off.

I walked into the kitchen turning on the light. The table in here was bigger for the game and was warmer than the rest of the house. I sat the boxes on the table and pulled out the closest chair.

I sat down pulling out my cell phone. I contemplated sending a message or calling him. My conscious won out and I sent a message.

Alex I will talk to you l8er 2night. I am kinda playin with moms boyfriend. I really need 2 talk 2 u about all this stuff that has happened.

I pressed the OFF button and sat back in my seat. Suddenly I heard noise coming closer.

“Yeah everything is alright. Yes she came home about an hour ago.”

I turned my head to see Robert in his pajamas. The shirt was a dark brown or red, I couldn't tell which. His bottoms were white and red and he had a pair of black slippers.

He smiled in my direction and continued talking on the phone.

“Yeah we are just about to play a game I think monopoly.”

a smile came to my lips but also a light blush. I knew he was talking to my mother and she was nervous about me hanging out with her boyfriend.

I decided to turn my attention back to the games and pulled the original closer. Suddenly I heard “Yeah I am sure we will...Bye.”

I heard the button pressed off and sat on the counter. “Sorry about that Laura. Your mom was just calling to find out if you came home yet.”

I turned my head in his direction. “That's fine. Well I wasn't sure which version you would want to play. I have the original monopoly or the Disney version.”

Robert walked closer to the table and looked at both boxes. “okay how about the original.”

He took the seat across from me and put the other box in the open chair. I lifted the lid and began pulling pieces from the game on the table.

“Okay Robert what piece do you want?”

“I'll take the race car Laura.”

We sat up the board and chose him to be the banker. We rolled the dice to find out who would go first and I got the highest number. I stuck out my tongue when his face scrounged.

I laughed at his face and rolled the dice. Then our small game began. I couldn't believe how much fun I was having. I hadn't played this game in so long.

For once in my life I was happy my mom had the job she had and that Robert was apart of my life even if he was my mom's boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have projects are due this month and I am working on the reading fair right now. My rough draft for my esay is due next week. My science fair board, that I haven't started on, is due on the 22nd. Very busy me. I was going to make this longer but I decided to put something up for everyone.

Next will be out when I get th chance to type somthing. Maybe during my christmas break when I get out on the 22nd.
Also before I forget I thought that maybe my loyal fans might want to see the trailer for Remember Me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Vg3fqIWGs&feature=player_embedded