Status: Also completed on Wattpad!

Celebrity Crush

Chapter 6

Kimi continued eating her food as I scrolled through the page. I could see that there was quite a bit of information on this one celebrity.

“Hey Robin…”

I turned my head in Kimi’s direction as she spoke my middle name. She had sat down her sandwich and was whipping off her mouth. Finally she was finished and gave me her attention.

“I heard that he has some stalkerish fans. The fans have gotten so bad that he is sacred to leave his apartment. I mean the guy is super shy anyway and now they are making it worse.”

“Yeah you’re right I heard about that. I heard that they caused him to almost be hit by a taxi during his time in New York. The police are thinking that he needs police bodyguards.”

I just shook my head. I mean I did have a crush on him but I am not that bad. I will give him his personal space. The poor guy just didn’t know what he got himself into when he auditioned for Twilight.

As I looked at the screen I found that the page had finally caught my attention. I found that there was now a link:

Robert Pattinson - News Results

Robert Pattinson Exploitation Now Reduced to 'Shameless Hunk of Man Meat' Status [Gossip Roundup] Gawker - 10 hours agoRobert Pattinson 'Scream' award nominations a bad joke Irish Central - Sep 05 04:21amRobert Pattinson Says Fame is Ruining His Life Teen Hollywood - Sep 03 08:25pm

I looked at the results. I turned toward Kimi and she was now finished with her sandwich. I had finished with mine sometime ago. She began to pull up her chair and began to look at the screen.

“Pick the one about Shameless Hunk of Man Meat.”

I clicked the link and let the page load. I could tell that Kimi was the best friend I never had before. Suddenly the page loaded.

I saw I picture of Robert and the article to the side.

“Robert Pattinson's life must suck. Seriously. Don't his "fans" get it? He's not going to sleep with them, he has nothing interesting to say to them, and he probably doesn't even understand the appeal of Twilight over Harry Potter, especially since there was subtext that Cedric Diggory was digging out at Hogwarts in Goblet of Fire...said someone to me who read the book.

Anyway! Men are beginning to approach him and it's very evident that he's straight and doesn't care to be an object of affection to two sexes of manic psychopaths. Stephanie Meyer, you're to blame for Pattinson's life of being forsaken. You're like Camus, in control of real people. Subtext: you need to kill Edward Cullen so Pattinson can live in peace. Meanwhile, J.K. Rowling: when you bringing Potter out of retirement?” (http://gawker.com/5353246/robert-pattinson-exploitation-now-reduced-to-shameless-hunk-of-man-meat-status)

Kimi didn’t hold in her laughter. I contained laughter but the smile wouldn’t erase for nothing in the world.

Finally Kimi calmed down enough to look at me. I could tell that she would never forget this in a million years.

“Okay let’s look at the rest.”

I had already clicked the back button and we were now back to the YAHOO search page.

“What about Fame is Ruining His Life?”

I went ahead and clicked the link. As we waited for the page to load my mind wondered to my mom’s and Robert’s date.

The page finally loaded, Kimi and I began reading the article.

Twilight hunk Robert Pattinson has opened up about his struggle with fame and obsessed fans, revealing the constant "paranoia" he feels as he tries to escape the spotlight is wrecking his life.
The 23-year-old Brit was thrust into the limelight when he was cast as Edward Cullen in the hit vampire movie franchise and he suddenly found himself targeted by hoards of screaming teenage girls.
Pattinson now can't go anywhere without being tailed by groups of photographers and over-excited devotees - and he was recently hit by a taxi in New York as he attempted to escape.
The star admits he is struggling to cope with his strange new life.
He tells Premiere magazine, "I haven't found one place in the world yet where I could disappear. Even the most remote places I can imagine, someone will ask me for a picture with them or an autograph. Honestly, I didn't think that I would be recognised so easily.
"The most embarrassing is when friends ask you to meet up with them and you have to tell them, 'Sorry I can't go to that place' because you're fully aware photographers will be waiting for you there. I feel like such a weasel when things like that happen - like the world has to revolve around me.
"I was in a restaurant during a break, and when I came out two hours later, 500 people were waiting for me at the exit. It was total chaos. But I'm sure that if I'd said to one of those girls, 'Come on, let's go have breakfast,' she would have been totally embarrassed and would never scream my name again."
Pattinson also fears fame is making him paranoid.
He adds, "I have to look over my shoulder all the time, be super vigilant because, at any moment, someone could be filming or recording what I'm saying."


“I feel really bad for the guy. I hope that your mom can handle all the fans when they finally announce their relationship. Anyway did she tell you how long they have been dating?”

I clicked the back button while shaking my head.

“Actually she didn’t. I find that strange but then I remember she’s my mom and I finally understand.”

Kimi began to nod her head. She understood about my mom. When Kimi first met my mom she thought my mom was the coolest. Then my mom turned into the evil bitch she is and well nobody likes her.

“Okay do you know anything about what movies he is starring in, or what movies they will be attending at premiers?”

“I only know about one film he is filming. He was actually filming it during the taxi incident.”

“Alright well let’s look that up and then call it quits. Alright?”

I then went the search box and typed in Robert Pattinson Remember Me.

We began looking through the answers to the search. Neither I nor Kimi actually knew what the movie was about.

“Kimi, how about we add Wikipedia to the search?”

“Yeah maybe that will help. The rest of this stuff we already know. I want to know what the film is about already.”

I couldn’t hold in the chuckle. Kimi was the most impatient person ever. (That’s saying something)

I changed the search to Robert Pattinson Remember me Wikipedia.

The process didn’t take long this time. The first answer was Remember Me (2010 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That was the one we were waiting for. I clicked the link and waited for the article to show.

Remember Me is an upcoming romantic-drama film directed by Allen Coulter based on a screenplay written by Will Fetters and Jenny Lumet. The film stars Robert Pattinson, Emilie de Ravin and Pierce Brosnan.

Plot
Two young lovers, Tyler Roth (Robert Pattinson) and Ally Craig (Emilie de Ravin), find their newfound relationship threatened after Ally witnesses her mother's murder and Tyler deals with the suicide of his brother, causing his parents (Pierce Brosnan, Lena Olin) to divorce.

Cast
Robert Pattinson as Tyler Roth
Emilie de Ravin as Ally Craig
Pierce Brosnan as Charles Roth, Tyler's father
Chris Cooper as Neil Craig, Ally's father
Lena Olin as Diane Hirsch, Tyler's mother
Ruby Jerins as Caroline Hawkins, Tyler's little sister
Gregory Jbara as LesTate Ellington as Aidan
Martha Plimpton as Helen Craig
Chris McKinney as LeoWilmer Calderon as Carlos


“Well that explains a lot.”

Kimi raised an eyebrow at me.

“Well if I am not mistaken my mom was working in New York during this time. I think she was helping Pierce Brosnan since she knew him already.”

“I guess this explains how they met huh.”

I nodded my head. This wasn’t helping with my crush. I suppose I wanted to find something about them only fake dating and that the world knew they were dating.

“Well girl I really don’t know what to tell you. I might be able to help the weekend when I actually find out what we’re working with.”

Kimi showed her famous smirk. I knew she was going to want to come over sometime soon.

“Alright Kimi just not tomorrow she might not want you there yet. I think she wants Robert to get comfortable first around the house. Maybe you can stay Saturday night and Sunday since you have ISS the rest of the week.”

Kimi released a gulp of air.

“Man I almost forgot about that. My dad doesn’t even know yet since he is in Maine.”

Yeah Kimi’s parents are still married, but are in the process of getting a divorce. His job is the real reason for the separation it involves a lot of traveling.

“I was extremely upset about the whole thing this morning.”

I whispered but I knew she could hear me.

Kimi looks at me like I am stupid.

“You are my best friend Laura and I was not about to let the bitch, slut, whore, and ass talk about you like that. You never did any of the things she said about you. I am really sorry for letting her get to me but I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I took the shit about my family but when it came to my best friend I wasn’t going to let her talk about you."

I am really lucky to have a friend like Kimi. Through her tough exterior is someone who can care for some one with their whole heart.

“Thanks so much Kimi. I am really lucky to have a friend like you.”

“It was no problem and I know I am just awesome.”

I turned back to the computer and exited the internet page. I clicked on start and shut down. I then clicked the button on the monitor turning it off. Kimi was picking the things from the table and throwing them in the trash.

“Laura what are they doing tonight?”

I couldn’t help but cringe. Kimi was going to be so upset about what my mom did.

“After she introduced us she told me that they were having dinner with some people. She told me that she stocked up on groceries and said ‘I hope you can fend for yourself.’”

Kimi came up to me a grabbed me in a bear hug.

“I swear I am really thinking about killing that bitch of a mother. She just came back after two whole months and now she cares if you can fend for yourself.”

Suddenly tears ran down my cheeks. I hated crying over stuff that would never change no matter what I did. I could cry a river in front of my mother and it wouldn’t affect her in a million years.

Kimi began to pull back. I think she felt the tears fall on her shoulder. I quickly whipped my eyes not liking to show any weakness. I hated to show the hold my mom had on me. We used to be the best of friends, I could tell her anything, but know I barely talk to her. When I do it is only one or two words.

“I am really sorry about her. Well I have to get home my mom did tell me not to be out past eight thirty. Love ya girl”

Kimi showed the peace sign and waved. She began to turn toward the door.

“Love ya too. Don’t get in any trouble on the way home.”

I could hear her laugh as she pushed open the door. I watched her walk to her car and disappear.

I took a chance and glanced around the place. The girl with the books was still typing away on her computer. Although, the man with the phone, from earlier, was no longer in his seat. Suddenly I hoped he got home alright and everything worked okay.

I then pulled out my phone to find no new messages or calls. I stuffed it back in my pocket and pulled out my keys. I stood to my feet on the tile floor and headed to the exit of the restaurant.
♠ ♠ ♠
The articles in the story are real articles and by no way am I trying to take credit.

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE & TELL A FRIEND