‹ Prequel: A Part Of Me

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 3

Broden POV

“How could you Ronnie? How could you get high the first night your out of jail? You promised us! You promised everyone you were clean and sober!” I yelled at my big brother who was standing in front of me high; I could feel my heart breaking into pieces yet again because of him.

“I’m sorry Brody; I just went for a walk and ran into some old friends, they offered me some and I was stupid enough to take it” Ronnie said looking into my eyes; he was telling the truth but that doesn’t make up for what he did.

“Yeah you were stupid Ronnie! Why can’t you just stay clean? I know it’s hard but you have some much support around you; you have so many people here to help you” I told him while running a hand through my hair; right now it felt like we were right back to where we started, all those years ago when we used to fight about drugs.

“Oh please Broden. You would know all about that wouldn’t you? I mean look at how cozy you and my ex-best friend Max are. As soon as I leave you jump into bed with him and then he gets you fucking pregnant! And I know about you and Craig; he replaced me Broden! And yet you’re the best of friends!” Ronnie yelled at me; I could tell he was getting angrier by the second.

“Leave the guys out of this Ronald! You knew before you left how Max and I felt about each other; we were together before you left! And you should be fucking glad Craig joined the band; otherwise there wouldn’t be a band left” I shouted at my big brother; this isn’t how I wanted his first night home to be like, I didn’t want to fight with him but the words just kept coming.

“I made the band, without me starting it there wouldn’t be a band” Ronnie laughed like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Yeah and you could have destroyed the band, just like you destroyed yourself! You might have messed up your life but don’t drag everyone else down with you; because unlike you, we’ve all made our lives great and we’re all happy” I shouted just as I heard the backdoor opening with force; by the look on Ronnie’s face I can guess who’s home. I’d say Max and by the murderous look on my brother’s face, I would have to say that Craig was here too.

“What the fuck is going on here?” Max demanded as he wrapped an arm around my waist; he moved his body so he was pressed against me.

“Wow what a great fucking welcome home party this is, thanks Broden” Ronnie said rolling his eyes at us.

“Don’t you dare talk to her like that Ronnie; you have no right to talk to her like that. I don’t fucking care who you think you are, but you have no right coming into our home and acting like this” Max was quick to defend me like always.

“Stay the fuck out of this Maxwell; this is between me and my sister. You have no right interrupting us, but you always did like to come between us didn’t you” Ronnie said; taking a low blow to Max.

“That’s enough Ronald; alright I can take what you say to me but do not talk to my fiancé like that…” I trailed off but I was cut short by my brother; something he never used to do unless he was high or drunk.

“I can’t believe you Broden! After always saying you won’t be like Mom; you’ve turned out exactly like her. You’re marrying a guy when your young and you already have a kid; just like Mom. What are you going to do now? Leave?” Ronnie said looking me in the eyes again; I could see from his face that as soon as the words left his mouth, he wanted to take them back.

“Fucking grow up Ronnie! How dare you speak to Brody like that; she’s your little sister. She’s always been there for you; she’s dealt with you when you got high and drunk, she got her heart broken so many times because you broke it, she’s dealt with all your broken and empty promises. And she hasn’t complained once! She still stands up for you when people tear you down; she still believes in you so much, she believes your going to change, but you continue to prove her wrong. And she’s by far one of the greatest mothers I have ever seen” I heard said from behind us; I knew instantly who spoke out and defended me, it was Craig.

But no matter what Craig said about me I couldn’t stop what Ronnie, my own brother, get to me; comparing me to our mother was so low. I felt the tears form in my eyes as I turned on my heel and ran back into my house; I needed to get away from Ronnie and the fight, I didn’t want to deal with this right now. I ran straight into Blake’s room; I gently lifted her into my arms, being careful not to wake her. On my way out I grabbed her changing bag off the floor; I walked into the living room to grab my handbag, then I made my way into the garage. I let a few silent tears fall down my cheeks as I got Blake strapped into her seat; as I climbed into the driver’s seat I heard the guys yelling my name, but I didn’t stop to listen to them as I drove away from them.

As I parked my car in Alexis’ driveway I took a few minutes to calm myself down; in that time Blake woke up and Lex opened her front door. I put Blake onto my hip and then grabbed her bag; I quickly walked over to Lex who pulled both myself and Blake into a hug. We walked into the kitchen after I told Blake to go play with Phoenix upstairs; I then told Lex everything that happened, everything that was said. We were just sitting in silence when we heard the doorbell ringing; we both knew who it was, we didn’t want to deal with them right now but we knew we had too.

“How dare you Ronnie! Don’t you dare talk to Brody like that again, you understand me? She’s one of the few people who still love you, drugs and all! She’s the biggest believer in you, she’s proud of you even through you do nothing to deserve it. You don’t deserve her at all” I heard Alexis yell as she opened the front door; I stayed in the kitchen because I wasn’t looking forward to seeing my brother again, something I’ve never felt before and I hated feeling like this.

I heard Alexis calling out Ronnie’s name as I heard someone quickly making their way closer to the kitchen; I knew in my gut that it was Ronnie and he was looking for me. He would most likely apologize to me; tell me just how sorry he is, that he didn’t mean any of it, that he promises not to do it again. And I would be stupid and believe every word that came out of his mouth; I would believe his lies and then later on I would be hurt by him breaking those promises.

“Brodes, baby I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean anything that I said; I’m so sorry you have to believe me. You know how I get when I’m high; I say things that I don’t mean, I say things that I don’t believe. Please Brodes, you have to believe me. I didn’t want to take the drugs but my body was craving them; I gave in and I hate that I’m not strong enough to ignore those cravings” Ronnie said while holding my hands in his; I looked into his big brown eyes and saw that they were a bit clearer now.

I could feel myself crumbling at his words; just like all the others time when I gave him another chance. I knew I was going the wrong thing by letting him off the hook; but he’s my big brother. I love him with all my heart and I’ve missed him so much that it hurts; I just wanted him in my life again. I heard a few disappointed signs when I wrapped my arms around Ronnie’s neck; his arms instantly wrapped around my waist, he pulled me closer to his warm body. And yet again I felt safe in my brother’s arms.

“Broden no! How can you just forgive him just like that? After everything he said to you! You what Ronnie; you might be able to stay in Brody’s good books but you can’t fool me that easily. You promised me, you promised Phoenix you’re daughter, you promised everyone that you would stay clean; the first fucking day you get out of jail and you get high again! You get high then come back to your little sister’s house; where your daughter and niece are! I’m not going to get you use drugs or be high around the girls” Alexis shouted before she stormed out of the kitchen and towards the stairs; it was so quiet in the house that we all knew where Lex was.

She was in Phoenix’s room now; when she opened the door you could hear Phoenix and Blake singing along to Dora the Explorer. I looked up at Ronnie and saw that what Alexis said really got through to him; I guess that thought of not being in his daughter’s and niece’s life was something he didn’t want.

“Uncle Ronnie! Uncle Craig!” Everyone heard Blake squeal as she ran towards us; she was heading to Ronnie first but Craig caught her and lifted her into his arms. It didn’t only hurt Ronnie but it hurt me to think that no one wanted the girls near Ronnie; I could understand not having Phoenix near him but Blake too. I wanted my daughter to have Ronnie in her life.

“Let’s get you home short stuff” Craig told Blake who pouted at him; all the guys called her short stuff and she pretended she didn’t like it. Max was quick to grab Blake’s bag and follow Craig; he couldn’t even be in the same room as Ronnie anymore. Ronnie wrapped an arm around my waist as we followed Max; when we got outside Craig was putting a sleepy Blake into her car seat, while Max watched closely.

“I called a taxi” Max said coldly as his eyes never left Blake; I guess Ronnie wasn’t going to be staying with us until he could find his feet. Once the taxi pulled up I told the driver our Dad’s address, gave him enough money and told him to go straight to the address. Craig hugged me before he get into his car and left; I wanted for Max to come back to the car, he went to see how Lex was going.

“I can’t believe you forgave him Brodes; after what he did and what he said to you. He doesn’t deserve you babe; he doesn’t deserve your forgiveness. He got high and then came into our home when our daughter was; I’m not going to ever forgive him for that” Max said quietly but harshly; he didn’t want to be too loud and wake Blake up.

“He’s my brother Max! I can’t just ignore him; I can’t hold any grudges against him, I’m always going to forgive him so you better get used it to. I don’t care if no one understands why I always forgive him; no one needs to understand us. He’s my big brother; we’ve been through a lot together, we’ve always been there for each other and that will never change” I told Max just as quietly; after that we didn’t talk, we just sat in silence and thought about what happened today.

When we got home I gently lifted Blake out of my car and into my arms; thankfully she was still fast asleep. Max grabbed her bag and followed me inside; we both walked into Blake’s bedroom, Max watched me as I gently undressed Blake. I laid Blake on her bed and then turned around so I could get her some pajamas; but when I turned around I came face to face with Max, he was holding Blake’s pajamas. I smiled as I took Blake’s pajamas from Max’s hands; I leaned up pressing my lips against Max’s, his hands instantly grabbed my hips and our little fight was forgotten.

Once I had changed Blake, Max tucked her into her bed, and we both kissed her forehead; Max laced his fingers with mine and led me towards out bedroom. As soon as our bedroom door was closed Max kissed me hard and passionate; his hands were placed on the small of my back, but they were slowly lifting my shirt up. Max slowly started walking forward which cause me to walk backwards; things were starting to heat up and as much as I wanted to make love to Max right now, we couldn’t.

“Max stop, we can’t. Not with Blake in the house, I don’t want her walking in on us and seeing that” I told my fiancé; I cupped his face with my hands so he couldn’t keep kissing me. Just because we have a child doesn’t mean we don’t make love anymore; we do all the time when Blake’s not here.

“If she sees us then she sees us babe. I’ll just tell her that we’re trying to make her a little brother or sister; she’s be fine” Max said looking between my eyes and my lips; I rolled my eyes and playfully slapped Max’s arm.

I heard Max groan quietly as I walked over to our walk in-closet; there was no way we were having sex with Blake in the house. I changed into my pajamas while Max was brushing his teeth; once I was changed I walked into our personal bathroom and stood next to Max who was just wearing his boxers. I removed my makeup, brushed my teeth, flossed and brushed my hair; I walked back into my room and saw Max already in bed, waiting for me. I climbed in our bed and snuggled up close to Max’s warm body; his strong tattooed arms wrapped around my waist pulling me even closer to him.

“Night babe, I love you so much” Max whispered into my ear as I laid my head on his chest; my arm was lazily placed over his stomach while I laid on the other.

“Goodnight, I love you too” I whispered before kissing Max on the chest; he shifted slightly so he could kiss the top of my head. It wasn’t long before we both fell into a deep peaceful sleep; after everything that had happened today I needed a good long sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Broden & Blake Pajamas
Broden & Max House

Comment! Tell me what you think!