‹ Prequel: A Part Of Me

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 5

Broden POV

“Brodes, will you please stop pacing?” Max asked me yet again; I have been pacing outside Alexis’ hospital room ever since we got to the hospital. I couldn’t help my pacing; I always pace when I’m scared, worried and angry. And right now I was scared shitless.

“Babe, she’ll be fine” Max told me softening his voice; I sure hoped she would be fine. I wouldn’t let anything happen to her. But I guess I should stop pacing because Blake keeps following me; Max sits her on his lap but she keeps wiggling out of his grip and continues to follow me. But my attention was captured when Lex’s doctor walked out of her room.

“How is she? What’s wrong with her?” I asked before the doctor could even open his mouth to speak; I needed to know how my best friend was and I needed to know now. I heard everyone else stand up and rush to stand behind me; I fit Blake place her tiny hands on my shoulder as Max held her tightly in his arms.

“I have ran a few blood tests on Miss Briggs and we have found that she has diabetes; we have lifted her blood sugar up to a safe level, and she’ll be fine” The doctor told us and I instantly felt relief wash over me; all the tension that was in the air vanished quickly as we heard Lex would be alright.

“And Miss Briggs would like to see her daughter Phoenix and Broden” The doctor said making my eyes snap up to look at him; I nodded as Bryan handed Phoenix to me. I placed her on my hip as I walked into Lex’s room; Phoenix whined as she saw her Mommy hooked up to a number of different machines.

I placed Phoenix on Lex’s bed and they instantly hugged; I let them have their moment before Lex’s waved me over to her. When I hugged her I was careful not to pull any of her tubes out; I sat at the end of her bed while Phoenix climbed onto my lap.

“So the doctor told everyone about me then?” Alexis asked me; she must have seen the worry fill my eyes as I looked at her. Even through she looked fine I was still worried sick about her; she already has I lot going on right now and now she has to deal with diabetes, and getting it under control.

“Yeah he did. Look I think it’s best if you and Phoenix come home with me; at least until you get used to having diabetes and get everything under control” I said in one breath so Lex couldn’t interrupt me; I knew she wouldn’t want to come back to my place but I was worried about her being at her place with just Phoenix, what if something happened?

“Brody, no. I’ll be fine alright; I’ll look after myself and I’ll do everything the doctor told me, alright? If it will make you feel any better then I’ll call every few hours, so you’ll know I’m fine” Alexis told me firmly; she knew I would argue back at her so she had to be firm with me.

“Fine but you have to promise me you’ll call me every few hours; if you don’t then I’ll come over, and you have to tell me if you’re not feeling well and I’ll come over as well” I told her as Phoenix played with my pajamas’ pants leg; none of the girls had time to change. Once we called the ambulance we then called the guys; we packed up the kids and followed the ambulance to the hospital.

“So what happened with you and Craig? You were both missing for a while” I said with a smirk; I gently covered Phoenix’s ear with my hands because I had an idea of what happened up in Lex’s room. But I wanted her to tell me and we didn’t want Phoenix hearing; when I saw the blush on Lex’s cheek and the happy smile on her face I knew I was right.

“We made love and it was the best sex I’ve ever had in my whole life. I can’t believe that I kept going back to Ronnie when Craig was right in front of me; I need a guy like Craig not Ronnie” Alexis told me; her smile growing when she talked about Craig. In the back of my mind I always knew that Craig and Lex should be together; but I kept my mouth shut because she was with my brother.

I was just about to open my mouth to say something but I was cut off by a deep familiar voice; there were raised angry voices coming from outside in the hallway. Both Lex and I knew instantly who was outside, Ronnie. I could tell Alexis didn’t want to see or talk to him right now; so I lifted Phoenix from my lap and placed her next to Lex. Alexis gave me a small sad smile as I walked out of her room; as soon as I shut Lex’s door I saw Max and Craig trying to keep Ronnie away from Lex’s room.

“Brody, babe I need to see Lex right now. Please let me see her, I need to talk to her Brodes” Ronnie said walking over to me; I saw that Max tried to stop Ronnie from coming near me but Ronnie was quicker, making Max miss him.

“No Ronnie. You can’t see Lex or Phoenix; they don’t want to see or talk to you right now” I said firmly looking up at my big brother; I hardly ever say no to him and I could tell it shocked him.

“What? Broden move out of my way. Alexis is my wife and Phoenix is my daughter; I have a right to see them and I will see them” Ronnie said sternly; I could smell the alcohol on his breath. He wasn’t drunk but he had been drinking.

I was about to tell him no again when he started to walk forward; seeing as I was standing in front of Lex’s door, Ronnie would have to past me to get anywhere near the door. And that’s exactly what he did. He pushed past me; our shoulders connecting with each other. He court me off guard and I wasn’t ready for him; so when his body made contact with mine the force made me stumble backwards.

“Brody” I number of alarmed voices shouted but I heard Max’s voice louder then the others; I couldn’t regain my balance so I ended up crashing to the ground. I landed pretty flat on my back and bum; so it didn’t really hurt me that much, but what did hurt me was the fact that it was Ronnie who knocked me down.

“Princess” Ronnie said worry in his deep voice; he tried to help me up but Max got to me first. Max shoved Ronnie away from me and then he helped me back up to my feet; Blake ran over to me as well while everyone else looked on in shock. Blake wrapped her tiny arms around one of my legs while Ronnie started to apologize to me; but I didn’t want to deal with him right now.

“Don’t Ronnie” I snapped at him; I let Max pick Blake up into his arms as she started to look between Ronnie and I. She didn’t know what was really going on but she knew by my tone of voice that it wasn’t good; and by how angry Max looked.

I could practically see Ronnie’s heart break as he realized that I had finally had enough of him; guilt flooded my body as I watched my brother walk away from me. I signed as I started to follow him; Max called out my name to try to get me to stop, but he knew it wouldn’t work. Everyone knows how I feel about Ronnie; he’s my big brother, I have to look after him. I found Ronnie sitting on a plastic chair that hospitals have; I slowly sat next to him. His head was in his hands; I gently placed my hand on his tattooed arm, making his head jerk up to see who was next to him.

“I’m so sorry Brody; I didn’t mean to knock you down. I never meant to hurt you, I never meant to hurt Alexis or Phoenix or Craig. But I was just feeling so sorry for myself and I ran into Gab; I’d been drinking and suddenly we were kissing, one thing led to another and soon we were in bed” Ronnie explained to me quietly; his big brown eyes stared into mine and I knew he was telling the truth.

“I know you’re sorry Ronnie; but you have to deal with this now. You’ve hurt so many people; not everyone is like me Ron, some people aren’t going to forgive you this time. You have to start thinking about what you do and say to people; I’m not always doing to like what you do, some times I can’t stand up for you. You have responsibilities now Ronnie; it’s time for you deal with your problems” I said gently squeezing his arm before I stood up; but before I could walk away Ronnie caught my hand, I turned to face him as he too stood up.

“I’m sorry for everything babe; I love you so much, you’re the best sister I could ever have” Ronnie whispered into my ear as we stood in the hospital hallway hugging each other tightly; even after all the shit I’ve been put through because of Ronnie, I still love him and always will.

“I know Ron, and I love you too. You’re my big brother; you always will be and I’ll always love you. But not everyone is like me; you’ve hurt some people to much for them to love you anymore” I said before kissing his cheek which made him kiss my forehead; I slowly let go of my brother and started to walk back to the others.

Once I got back to the group Khypher told me that Alexis told us all to go home and get some sleep; it was now pretty late at night and all the kids had already fallen asleep. Derrick was asleep in Craig’s arms, Leila was asleep in Michael’s arms and Blake was asleep in Bryan’s arms. Phoenix would probably be staying the night here with Lex; I’ll bring them some clothes when I pick them up tomorrow. Everyone said their goodbyes to Lex who was holding a sleeping Phoenix in her arms; everyone walked out of the hospital and towards our cars. Bryan saw the mood I was in and offered to take Blake for the night; Khypher instantly agreed as she went to my car to get Blake’s bag.

Max and I had to agree because Blake’s tiny hands were holding fistfuls of Bryan’s shirt; no one would be able to get her away from Bryan now. Max wrapped his arms around my waist from behind as we watched Bryan place Blake into Khypher’s car; we watched as they drove past us and towards Bryan’s house. Max kissed my neck before leading me over to my car; Max drove us home as I looked out the window. My mood was slowly getting better as Max talked non-stop about anything that popped into his head; he was holding my left hand with his right as we drove home.

Once we got home my mood was completely changed and that was all due to Max; as soon as we were in our bedroom Max pulled me into his arms, his lips crashed against mine. I ran my fingers through his soft hair as I deepened our kiss more; Max was running his hands over all my curves as we walked over to our bed, never breaking our passionate kiss. The back of my legs hit the bed making as stop walking; Max ran his hands up my sides taking my shirt with him, once my shirt was thrown onto the ground Max’s lips attacked my neck.

I moaned as Max worked on my soft spot; my own hands were now lifting his shirt up and over his head. Once his shirt hit the floor my hands were running down his chest and stomach; finally reaching his jeans, I was quick to undo his belt and push his jeans down. As Max kicked his jeans behind him I cupped his face and brought his lips to mine again; Max lifted my right leg and hooked it on his hip, I wrapped my arms around his neck as he hooked my left leg on his hip. Max held me in his strong arms as he crawled onto our bed; he gently laid me down never breaking our kiss as he hovered over me. Both our hands were running over each other’s bodies; my skin was tingling was Max moved his hands around my body, I felt like I was on fire. Soon we were both naked and Max was still hovering over me; he was already positioned and ready. He kissed me hard before looking into my eyes and sliding into me; that was the start of our passion filled love making.

Next Morning

I smiled to myself as what happened last night flooded my mind; I tilted my head back so the water could wash the conditioner out of my hair. My eyes were closed as I enjoyed my shower; but I was rudely snapped out of my own little world when two arms wrapped themselves around my waist. I rolled my eyes as I saw a smirking Max standing in front of me; his eyes were taking in every inch of my wet naked body. So much for having a shower alone.

I gasped quietly as my back made contact with the cold shower wall; Max was quick to take advantage of my situation as he kissed me, sliding his tongue into my mouth. I knew instantly what Max wanted and to be honest I wanted the same thing; so it wasn’t long until things started to heat up and we were going for round two. After we were finished we both washed up and got out of the shower; once Max was finished he kissed me before going to get some breakfast ready. I got dressed and ready before quickly eating my breakfast; Max and I had to go pick up Blake and then head to the hospital.

It didn’t take me that long to drive over to Bryan’s house; he lived a block away from us so we were soon ringing his door bell. I heard Blake’s squeal before Khypher opened the door smiling as Bryan was holding a squirming Blake in his arms; once we thanked them and Blake was back in my arms, Max drove us to the hospital. I held Blake’s hand as the three of us walked through the hospital; Max was carrying a bag full of Lex’s and Phoenix’s clothes.

“Phoenix! Aunty Alexis!” Blake squealed as we walked into Lex’s room; Blake ran over to Phoenix who was colouring in on the floor. Max and I hugged Alexis before I asked how she was this morning; she was feeling so much better and she looked better too, she wasn’t as pale as she was yesterday.

Max and I watched Blake and Phoenix as Lex had a shower; I had given Phoenix a shower and dressed her first. I could tell Lex wanted to get out of the hospital and just go home; the doctor released her as soon as we had come in. I laughed as Lex took a quick shower and hurried to get ready; she wanted out of here and she wanted it now. Once the release papers were signed we all walked outside and over to my car; Max said he would sit in the back with the girls. He loved them both so much; I’ve never seen him adore anyone like that.

Once I parked in Alexis’ driveway we all climbed out; Max got the girl’s out of my car as I walked with Lex into her house. The girl’s were squealing as Max chased them into the house; Phoenix managed to hid behind Lex but Blake wasn’t so lucky. Max wrapped his arms around her tiny body and lifted her into the air; he spun her around making her scream and laugh.

“Max, don’t make Blake dizzy. She probably just ate not long ago; I don’t want her getting sick” I told Max as Lex and Phoenix laughed; I rolled my eyes when Max stopped spinning Blake but instead he started tickling her. Blake is ticklish in the same places that I am; our sides and Max knows that.

I ended up helping Lex with writing down all the foods she should eat; the doctor gave her a lot of information on everything we needed to know about diabetes. So as Max played with Blake and Phoenix; Lex and I read through all the information that the doctor gave us. As Lex’s best friend I needed to know everything about what she will be going through; just incase something happened, I needed to know what to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Broden & Alexis Oufit
Blake & Phoenix Outfit

Comment readers! We love your comments!