‹ Prequel: A Part Of Me

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 7

Broden POV

“Mommy”
“Aunty Brody”
“Mommy” That is what I woke up to this morning; I slowly let my eyes open to see Blake, Phoenix and Leila standing at the edge of my bed; they were still in their pajamas as they all stared up at me.

“Yeah baby, what’s up?” I asked looking at Blake; I felt Max’s arms tighten around my waist as he snuggled closer to my back, he too was slowly starting to wake up now. I didn’t really want to get out of my warm, comfy bed; but I knew that if the girl’s wanted something then both Max and I would have to get up.

“We’re hungry Mommy, its breakfast time” Blake told me; her big brown eyes staring into mine. I signed but smiled at them; I rolled over in Max’s arms and gently shook him until he was fully awake.

“Its time for the girl’s breakfast” I told Max when he tried to cuddle up to me and get some more sleep; but when he heard the girl’s were awake he slowly climbed out of bed.

As he walked towards the kitchen I climbed out of bed and threw my hair into a messy ponytail; then I picked Blake up into my arms and placed her on my hip. I watched as Leila and Phoenix ran after Max while I walked behind then; Blake had her tiny arms wrapped around my neck and her head resting on my shoulder. We found Leila and Phoenix in the living room watching some cartoons while Max made up some pancakes; Blake pointed to her Daddy, telling me she wanted to stay in the kitchen.

“How’s my baby girl this morning?” Max asked Blake while gently poking the tip of her nose; she giggled and slapped Max’s arm, causing him to burst out laughing.

“I’m good Daddy” Blake smiled up at her father; the million dollar smile as Max called it. But in reality Blake’s smile was my smile.

“That’s good baby” Max said kissing Blake’s forehead. Both Blake and I watched Max as he cooked the pancakes; Blake liked to make sure that Daddy didn’t burn anything because according to Blake, Daddy couldn’t cook as good as Mommy.

Once Blake and I set the table we called the girl’s in; Blake sat in between Phoenix and Leila as they happily ate their pancakes. I watched as Blake covered every inch of her pancakes with strawberry jam and whipped cream; just like me. While Max, Phoenix and Leila drowned their pancakes in maple syrup; I gave the girl’s blackcurrant juice while Max and I had a coffee.

I helped Max put all our dishes into the dishwasher as we listened to Leila who was talking about Derrick; Leila and Blake were sitting on the kitchen counter across from us while Phoenix was walking over to the coffee table, she left a drawing there that she wanted to show me. Suddenly I hear this quiet ‘uh oh’ from the living room; I quickly jog over to see what was wrong.

“Oh Phoenix” I gasped as I rushed over to her; I made sure she was alright before I started grabbing books and pieces of paper from the coffee table.

“Max, we need some paper towels” I called to Max as he came to see what had happened; once he saw the mess he was quick to run back to the kitchen. As soon as I was handed some paper towels I started dabbing up the mess; I worked hard to save the sheets of paper and books but it was no good.

“I’m so sorry Aunty Brody and Uncle Max, I didn’t mean too” Phoenix said clearly getting upset; I stopped cleaning up and picked Phoenix up in my arms. She instantly hugged me as tightly as she could and I knew she was sorry, I knew it was an accident.

“Its fine sweetie, not a big deal” I smiled at my niece; tucking some of her hair behind her ear. Max continued cleaning up juice that Phoenix had spilt over the coffee table.

“But I ruined your wedding stuff” Phoenix said in a small voice; I just smiled and told her that it was fine. Once Max got them all into Blake’s room and playing with some dolls; I tried to see what I could save of our wedding plans.

Later

“Blake, if you don’t wear sunscreen then your not going to get in the pool” Max said firmly; I was already outside with Leila and Phoenix while Max and Blake were still inside.

I chuckled to myself when I saw Blake start to pout as Max practically drowned her in sunscreen; it took a good few minutes for Max to completely rub the cream into Blake’s body. Once Max thought she had enough sunscreen he finally let her outside; she went straight towards the pool that already had me, Leila and Phoenix in there. I placed Blake in her floaties before she got into the pool; Max sat on a lounge chair so he could watch us while I leaned against the end of the pool.

After a while I climbed out and walked over to my fiancé; Max grabbed my hand and gently pulled me down onto his chair. I sat in between his legs and rested my back on his bare chest; his arms wrapped around my waist and I placed my hands on the back of his hands.

“Maybe what happened this morning was a sign for us not to get married just yet, maybe we should wait” I said as Max started kissing my neck; my eyes never left the girl’s as they splashed and played in the pool.

“If that’s what you really want, I don’t mind. I’ll do whatever you what babe; I mean we haven’t sent the invitations yet so it wouldn’t be that hard to postpone the wedding” Max mumbled against my neck.

“I think we should postpone; just so everything with Ronnie and Lex settles down, and everything get’s sorted out” I said as I let my fingers play with Max’s fingers; I didn’t want anything to ruin my wedding day, so if there was even a slight chance a fight could break out on the day, I wasn’t going to risk it.

“You’re right; I could see something happening if Ronnie was in a room with Craig. And I really don’t feel like stopping a fight right now” Max whispered into my ear as he nibbled on my ear lobe.

After a few hours of playing in the pool; Max and I playing with the girls in the pool, and everyone’s skin start to wrinkle, we decided it was time to get out. As I helped dry the girls off and get them dressed; Max got some snacks ready for the girls. Max got them a glass of apple juice, an orange cut into pieces, and a few crackers with cheese.

I watched the girls eat while Max went to have a shower and get dressed; I was washing up the dishes when Max walked into the living room holding his bass guitar. While the girls went to get ready to go home I heard Max playing a few songs; I stood in the doorway and watched Max play. I’ve always loved watching Max play; the guys were going to have to organize a tour soon, and I don’t know what the girls and kids are going to do then.

“Mommy, we’re ready to go. Bye Daddy, be back soon” Blake called out as she walked towards the garage door; Max called out his goodbyes and winked at me as he caught me watching him.

Once I made sure the girls were buckled into their seats I climbed into the driver’s seat; I smiled as I drove towards Lex’s house, the girls were singing along to the guy’s CD. All three of them loved listening to guy’s CD; any chance they got they would listen to it. But Blake always loved when Max sang to her; or when Craig would come around, Blake would ask him to sing to her which he always did.

I got the girls out of my car when we arrived at Lex’s house; I carried Phoenix and Leila’s bags while they all started knocking on the front door. Craig was quick to open the door; he placed Leila on his back while he picked both Blake and Phoenix up into his arms. They started giggling as Craig started running around the house with them; Lex hugged me as I placed the bags on the floor.

I hated seeing what my brother did to her; what he still does to her. But hopefully she’ll stay with Craig this time because she deserves a good guy in her life; I now know that Ronnie never was that good guy for Lex.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Girl's Outfits

Comment!