So This Is Love

Thank You

Today, Gerard was coming over so that we could discuss cuisine together. When I say together, I mean me, my Mom, Rachel, and her Mom. I could just tell that it was going to be pure hell.

“Hello Gerard,” I greeted as I answered the door.

“Good day to you, Mr. Iero,” he said in a funny voice. I laughed and we went to the back shaded porch where everyone else was. I took a seat next to Rachel, to my misfortune, and Gerard sat next to me while our mothers sat next to each on Rachel’s side.

“Okay, so we wanted something etiquette, but still enjoyable seeing as we’ll be having younger guests as well,” my Mom said. Rachel’s Mom nodded in agreement, smiling.

Gerard looked at me and I had to force a smile. He didn’t smile though, and I knew that he remembered our conversation. He just had to.

“Well, first let me ask you what type of main dish you're looking for. Vegetarian or meat?” Gerard asked.

“Um,” my Mom looked confusedly to Rachel’s Mom. Her Mom shrugged. Rachel giggled. I sighed.

“Okay, well which would you prefer? Do you want to have meat at the wedding?” Gerard asked.

“No,” I said obnoxiously.

“Yes,” my Mom said sternly, giving me a look that told me to shut up or else. I looked away from her.

“Well, since you're going to have younger guests there, I’d like to know an age range because I have quite a few ideas for the meal in my head,” Gerard continued, looking directly at me. I think my Mom noticed this because she cleared her throat. Gerard didn’t break his stare at all, though. Then, I'm sure Rachel noticed because she “casually” rested her head on my shoulder. I was so tempted to shake her off, but I wasn’t going to be that rude. Instead, I pretended to sneeze, making her get off of me and stay away from me after that. Gerard looked at me for a second and smirked after he handed the Moms a book with dishes for vegetarians.

“Pardon me, but if you don’t mind, may I please use your restroom?” Gerard asked.

“Why of course! Frank, please be a dear and show Gerard to the restroom,” my Mom told me. I nodded and we left.

“I suppose you still don’t want to marry her, huh?” Gerard asked me.

“It’s like you can read minds,” I joked.

“I can,” he smiled.

“You're weird. Did you really need to pee?” I asked.

“No, I don’t need to pee, and fuck you,” he laughed. I was taken aback.

“Excuse me?” I asked.

“I'm joking around Frank, don’t have a cow, okay? You rich people act like everything has to mean something or else it’s of no importance,” he said, sounding disgusted.

“I'm sorry, but I'm not like every other snobby rich person. I care for other things besides money, okay? I think you need to quit assuming Mr. Way,” I said defensively.

“Oh, so the cliché ‘I don’t wanna marry the beautiful rich girl because I'm not happy with my money-filled life’ line doesn’t ring a bell?” he asked, getting angry. “If you only knew how sick I am of serving people who don’t even appreciate my generosity. I have helped made some people have the best weddings that they could ever dream, and not once was I thanked. Sure, I got paid and all that jazz, but not one of those motherfuckers ever said a simple thank you. I'm sure your snooty family will be just the same. I see the look of distaste in your Mom’s eyes when she looks at me. I can't say that I'm not used to it either.”

“What the hell is your problem? Why are you snapping at me like this?” I asked. I was going to stand my ground no matter what.

“I'm snapping at you because you don’t see what a lovely life you could have. You think you're humble and sweet, but you're not. You're greedy and you're never satisfied, which is why you want out of the marriage. You want to be a rebel, and that’s it,” he said.

“I do not want to be a rebel,” I laughed, completely amused at his words. “I don’t want to marry her because she's a total stranger, Gerard. I don’t see why the fuck you're just deciding to open up your feelings like this, especially with a snobby, snooty rich kid.”

“Maybe it’s… never mind, it’s completely stupid. Just. Just forget I ever said anything, okay? I'm sorry. I didn’t mean to cause all of this trouble, and I promise you it won't happen again,” he said.

“It’s in the past,” I agreed, extending my hand for him to shake. He did so, and as we were walking back to the patio, I said two words that would hopefully make him feel like he was important.

“Thank you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe...
Thank you to the following people for commenting!

RedHeadCookieBoy
Whatcha Say
phoenixcurse
LizzyLoo
MikeyWayIsKewl
tokioschemicalparade
catastrophic cathy.
cemetery drive.
Carcinogenic Love
Wincest101
Eugene.
dinosaursgorawr
uploadhisaki
figwmwrtbb
BlackNail
SibelMCR