Status: finito : )

57 Hilton Street

twelve.

Andrew does eventually reappear, but not before he’s decontaminated the entire upper floor of his home.

Jack’s standing in the hallway when a bleary eyed Andrew appears down the staircase. He wants to tell the other to leave; get out of his house and get out of his life. But he doesn’t. Jack steps towards him and embraces him, pressing their bodies ridiculously close together.

Jack leans down and kisses Andrew hard, hoping to pass some sort of comfort over.

Instead, Andrew roughly pushes him away and starts crying again.

“Jack, stop it!” He’s almost shouting, his voice cracking horribly as he talks “You have a boyfriend! And you’re supposed to love him!”

“Andrew, please.” Jack says, trying to pull Andrew back into a hug.

“Please what?” He asks shakily, staring at the other with red-rimmed blue-gray eyes.

“Let me show you I’m sorry.” Jack insists, successfully pulling Andrew back and pressing a gentle kiss to his neck.

Anyone who knows Andrew in a sexual way - which, granted, is about three people - knows that he’ll do anything when you kiss his neck. Well, usually.

“I’m not having sex with you again.” Andrew says defensively as Jack peppers his jaw with kisses.

“We don’t have to.” Jack breathes, finally locking lips with the elder without a protest.

Andrew pulls away first and shakes his head.

“I’m not letting you destroy your life just because you’re horny and want revenge.” He explains.

*

May stops the car in front of an inoffensive looking creamy yellow house as the GPS announces that they’ve reached their destination.

“This must be it.” May says quietly.

Alex swallows a lump in his throat and looks at the house. He knows Jack is in there somewhere.

“I… I can’t do this.” He stammers, looking at May nervously, tears pooling in his eyes all over again.

“Alex.” May says, almost sternly “I’m not here to tell you what you can and can’t do, but I know you can go and get your Jack back.”

Alex nods, but just barely. He opens the car door and gets out, stepping out onto Andrew’s driveway. Within a few seconds, May is beside him, her dress waving in the gentle Florida breeze.

May holds his wrist as they walk up to the front door together. She’s about to knock when Alex stops her.

“I can’t do this May. I can’t.” Alex is repeating himself, but he doesn’t care. He’s crying again; he wants to do this, but he’s not strong enough, he knows that.

“Alexander Gaskarth, look at me.” The boy does as he’s told, looking down at the girl.

“Do you love him?” May asks. Alex nods.

“Can you live without him?” May presses. Alex shakes his head.

“So what are you going to do?”

“… Get my Jack back.”

“Damn right you are.” May finishes, knocking violently on Andrew’s door.

Within a few moments, the pair hear shouting and the door flies open.

“And you are?” Andrew asks breathlessly, looking up and down the two of them.

“Alex and May. We’re here for Jack.” The girl explains hurriedly.

Andrew frowns and disappears into his home, but not far enough that Alex and May can’t hear him.

“Jack! Your sister and boyfriend are at the door for you!”

And Andrew puts more emphasis on the word ‘boyfriend’ than Alex or May would’ve liked.