Status: at a stand still, writers block and overload of things to do, update soon promise!

To The Hand of Clawed Fingers

Unexpected Friend

I wasn't sure what time it was when Laci woke me up. She looked as if she had a million questions, but from the look on both our faces i could tell we were both to exhausted to do much talking. i felt as if i had only gotten five minutes of restless sleep. as i struggled out of bed and into a new outfit that Laci had loaned me i watched as Laci practically fell into bed. i felt bod for her as all the younger girls came over to the bed, asking Laci for help out of their dresses and shoes.

Not really thinking i walked over to the girls Laci was struggling to help and pushed them away from the bed. Laci gave me a small smile before laying her small frame back and quickly fell asleep.

As the girls crowded around me I refused to help any of them if they didn't form a line. Soon they figured out what i wanted and in five minutes I had them all finished.
"Why do we have such young girls, what use could they be around here?" I couldn't help but wonder. Since all the girls were here I could tell there were at least fifty girls in the small cave, at least one third of them were young girls. Sighing as I put my shoes and gloves on, I realized I didn't know where I was going. Looking around i found a girl about my age finishing up with her shoes. She wore a simple gown, but it looked warmer and fuller then the other girls i saw getting ready. As i walked over to her she gave me a hard stare.

"And what do you want?" she practically snapped once I got in hearing distance of her. I instantly took a disliking to her.

"I came to ask a simple question but what crawled in your mouth today?" I asked in my most uncaring voice. She gave me a look that probably would have intimidated anyone else and practically shoved past me. It would have been graceful if i hadn't of 'accidentally' stuck my foot in her way, making her fall to the ground with a horrible thud. She got back up and quickly came after me with a very ugly screech. She went to punch me but i quickly moved out of the way, hardly having to move an inch.

Everything the White Dragoness had taught me came flooding back and i quickly stood up tall and looked at the ground. I could sense and see all the movement around me and the moment the girl got close i could tell she was heading for my chest. More of the Dragoness' teachings came to mind as i fell to the floor in one fluent motion and then used it to kick her feet out from under her. She fell to the ground cradling her knees as i got up.
Without a moments hesitation i walked away.
The other girls scattered as i came near.

"You move just like them now." Neither a friendly nor unfriendly voice called out from behind me. I turned gracefully on my heels, coming face to face with my first encounter here.

"Love the hair Cynthia, but i really don't want to see anymore of it cut off. For your sake." I said in the most sweetest voice i could muster. As much as i didn't want to fight anyone else i wasn't going to put up with her bullshit.

"I'm not here to fight , and it was a compliment. If I hadn't of known already that you were human you wouldn't have been able to convince me you weren't one of them at all now." She drawled while beckoning me to follow her. Not knowing what else to do I picked up a candle and fell in step with her. She also moved as if she had the dragon's grace as well. It was no wonder all the girls followed her at first, and i quickly stored that knowledge. After finishing my analyzing of my first enemy (besides that blasted red dragon that captured me that is) i noticed we were far into the tunnels and had no idea where we were.

"Are you hoping to loose or kill me in the tunnels?" I asked with only a slight hint of doubt. She smirked but did not hesitate on her answer.

"No, i am in fact helping you by showing you to the control room." She stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

The best route after that comment would have been silence, but of course me being me i always let the curiosity take the better of me.

"And how would you have known i was to report there?" I questioned stopping dead in my tracks. Finally she paused and let out an audible sigh that was worthy to be one of mine.

"Are you always this insufferable?" She let her gaze fall on my determined face before letting out another sigh. "Oh all right. The White Dragoness has eyes and ears everywhere and heard about our little...tuff. So she told the prince to have me given a separate duty then my own and here i am, being your guide with no choice." She said in the most dramatic way that would have made the drama queens at my school envious. even through i all though i could see the half smirk on her face. I felt a mimic of it trying to surface on my own face and i tried miserably to hide it.

"Good, for a second i thought you were being nice to me." I said while noticeably trying to stifle a giggle. She gave me a short snort before pushing us both forward. "Would never dream of it," She said sticking her tongue out at me. Sadly that was the last straw as we both fell into a giggle fit.

"You know your not to bad dragon girl." She said. Her statement caught me off gaurd but i took the compliment and gave her a true smile. 'same to you." I said with a wink, and just after leaving my lips a sudden hum of noise took over the tunnels.

"Don't worry," Cynthia said before i could even ask, "its just the sound from the central room. All the girls from last shift are still there and will be till the whole next shift is here. If we get there quick enough i can show you where you will be and what you'll be doing. But then it will be all up to you after that." I nodded my thanks as the hum was getting louder and i feared if I'd even be able to hear myself in the room let alone the people from the walls. The sound almost made it hard to stand and looking at Cynthia i knew it wasn't just me. But we pressed on till we got close to a cavern covered by a large purple velvet cloth. Cynthia rushed into it like salvation, and not knowing any other alternative i followed quickly behind.
.
♠ ♠ ♠
i am SO sorry for the wait, and I thank all of you so much for waiting it out with me. :) Longer than usual but not the longest I've done. I wrote this chapter and realized it was WAY to long, even for here, so decided to just chop it up into little better sized pieces.
This way you all will get more updates from me quicker as a sorry for taking so long to kick my butt into gear =]

i would just like to say thanks to NightOwlTori for giving me a special kick and for commenting and helping my story along!!! Go check out her story!!! now!!

if i dont already post the next chapter now, it will be up tomorrow.
thanks my wonderful readers, and leave some pretty little sprinkles of comments pwease!
ill provide the cherry on top!

~Lenya =D