My Heart Is Yours

Waking Up Without You it Doesn't Feel Right

Wednesday’s pov

Last night, having not only a night to myself for once in the nearly six years that Lily had entered my life but also having a night with Max for the first time in six years, was pretty much amazing. I hadn’t slept as good as I did after we had finished cuddling on the couch in years. It was so nice to be able to just sleep like the dead.

When I woke up alone, though, I almost freaked. I had fallen asleep on Max’s chest and curled up into him. But when I woke up and he wasn’t there, I wasn’t too incredibly thrilled. It happened with me rolling over to snuggle up to him when I was half asleep. When he wasn’t there to curl into, I panicked for one reason or another until I spazzed and woke up, sitting straight up in bed and looking around me rather confused.

It took me a few minutes to register just where the hell I was, but once I had I lay back down and curled into a little ball beneath the comfortable covers. It was when I’d woken up to realize that I wasn’t hearing anything going on in the rest of the hotel room that I started thinking that I was completely and one hundred percent alone in the hotel room. Which…wasn’t as big of a problem as I was making it seem right at that moment, but oh well. I tended to overreact when I felt alone or scared. And right now I was kind of feeling both.

I sat up again, crawling out of bed and making my way quietly and slowly to the door that separated the bed from the rest of the suite. I opened it quietly, peeking my head out and around to see that no one was in view. Frowning to myself, I ran a hand through my hair before I stepped away from the bedroom area into the rest of the room, sighing as my thoughts began to go off to the worst.

Yes, alright. So I overreacted a lot of the time. Whatever…

There was a piece of paper lying on the couch, folded into thirds with my name scrawled on the back of it in Max’s messy handwriting. I smirked, glad to see that his penmanship hadn’t changed over the last six years. Running a hand through my tangled hair as best I could, I reached down to grab the note with my other hand. I opened it up and smirked as I read it, feeling less anxious about being the only one in the hotel room…

Wendy -
I went out shopping with Craig and Lily. Didn’t wanna wake you ‘cause you look cute when you’re sleeping. And you never sleep. Be back later. Gab and Leila wanted to see if you’d go swimming with them. They were gonna go down around noon or something. Love you!
- Max


I smirked as I folded the note back up and looked over at the clock on the table. It was eleven. Wow. I’d actually slept in for once? That happened once in a blue moon and I wondered what it was that had gotten into me until I realized that I hadn’t slept in a bed in over a week. And that combined with sleeping cuddled into Max’s chest just kind of threw me on my ass as far as sleeping went. I hadn’t actually slept in in years, though, so it was a bit of a surprise to me that it happened like that. Granted, it was a happy surprise, but a surprise all the same.

I wondered how long ago Max had left as I walked back to where I had shoved my suitcase upon our arrival at the hotel last night. I needed to get dressed before doing anything else, honestly. Though I should have probably texted Gab or something to see if she still wanted to go swimming. That way I didn’t have to change more than once. With a yawn, I decided that was probably a good idea. So I wandered around the room until I found my phone lying on the bedside table.

Smirking, I flipped it open to find that I already had a text from Gabby, telling me to text her when I woke up. Which is what I did, texting her back quickly and asking if she and Lei still wanted to go swimming. It was only a matter of a few seconds before I got a reply to get my ass over to their room and to bring my bikini.

I was really glad that the hotel had an indoor pool, too. Because the weather outside right now was not looking at all pleasant. Then again, this was New York City. But all the same…it just looked too gross to go swimming outside.

An hour later and Gab and I were sitting on either side of the hot tub while Leila bounced around between us along the bottom of the shallow pool. I smirked as I watched her, leaning back and enjoying the relaxing water.

“So how’re you and Max doing together?” she asked, looking from her daughter over at me.

“Good, I guess. I don’t really know, things are really great and everything.”

“You definitely look happy again, which is good,” she commented with a smile.

I smiled back at her and nodded. I was just about to respond when a group of people came running in and one of them pulled their legs into their chests and jumped into the pool. I smirked as I saw Max surface, spitting water out. Lily giggled from Craig’s side before grinning as she saw me.

“Do not be like your daddy and run in here, Lily Noelle!” I ordered, sitting straighter and glaring at her as she looked like she was about to make a break for it towards me. She stopped and grinned shyly before she began the walk over to the hot tub. Robert and Monte both joined Max in the pool as Craig walked over to us in the hot tub, a few steps behind my daughter.

“How was shopping, baby girl?” I asked as she sat on the edge of the steps and stuck her feet in the tub, letting herself get used to the temperature.

“Fun! Daddy got -”

“Lily!” Max scolded from the pool and we all looked over there. Lily looked like she was guilty of something before turning back at me and grinning.

“I’m not supposed to tell anyone. I forgot.”

I smirked, raising a brow at my daughter before looking over at Max, who had gone back to competing in some strange form of wrestling match with Robert and Bryan. Rolling my eyes I looked over at Craig.

“Sorry, Wendifer. I’m sworn to secrecy,” he told me with a wink. Sighing, I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

Over the next half hour, I wound up swimming laps in the pool with Lily clinging to my back. I hadn’t been exactly quick to get her into swimming lessons, so she was still a bit behind on that. But it didn’t really matter because we didn’t go swimming that much anyway. “Wanna trade, babe?” Max asked, popping up from the water beside me and damned near scaring the shit out of me. I swear to god, that boy was a fish…

“Nuh-uh,” Lily decided for me, tightening her grip around my neck and making Max and I both sigh. I was sighing mainly because I could have really gone for a break and another soak in that hot tub where Craig and Gab were practically eating each other’s faces off. Max was probably sighing because he wanted to be the one to be able to do this for her.

“Sweetie, Mommy needs a break…” I said, sighing again as I reached my hands up to grab at her arms. I pulled them away from my neck slightly so that she wasn’t choking me.

“Fine. I’ll just carry both of you,” Max said with a grin. He pulled my arms from Lily’s and wrapped them around his neck, kissing me briefly before turning around and beginning to pull the both of us along. Lily giggled and I couldn’t help but do the same as he dragged us along.

“You’re such a dork, Max,” I said as I relaxed a bit, even with Lily still clinging to my back.

“Yeah, but I’m you’re dork, so shut up.” Again, I giggled and shook my head.

“Oh and you say I’m whipped, Maxwell!?” Craig called once we got to the edge of the pool. I sighed and unlatched Lily and myself from his neck, grabbing onto the side of the pool quietly.

“Again with this, boys? Why does it even matter?” I mumbled, ready to go unheard.

“Yeah! You are whipped! I volunteered! There’s a difference!”

“I volunteered, too!”

“Oh yeah? Well I -”

“Both of you just shut up already! You’re both whipped, alright!?” Robert called, glaring over at us while I pulled Lily and myself over to the edge of the pool where the ladder was so that we could climb out. After I had pulled my daughter off of my back and placed her on the edge of the pool, she turned to me with her head cocked to the side.

“Mama? What does ‘whipped’ mean?” she asked. God…I really needed to teach the guys how to shut the hell up around her…

“Don’t worry about it until you get older, sweetie,” I said, going the easy route around things as I moved to sit next to her, my feet dangling in the cool water. “The important thing is that your daddy loves us. That’s all that matters.” At that, she grinned really wide at me and nodded heavily before turning her head to look at Max. I wondered if that had anything to do with whatever Max had gotten me. Oh god…what was he going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally a decent update for you guys. x3 Kinda, anyway... But I've got 9 stars on this! Thank you so much, everyone! -dances- Sorry it took so long on this one, I've been having writer's block like mad... xP

I would really appreciate some more comments on this. I'm not about to start holding things hostage from you guys until I get a certain number of comments, but comments do fuel my fire. <3 I'm not going to force you guys to comment or anything, but they are always appreciated and it seems like I've been getting less and less... xP I would love to know what you guys think about this and everything like that. It makes me feel good inside. -nodnod-

Anyway, to all those that have been commenting and are subscribed and haven't commented, I love you all and thank you so much. Like I said, I would enjoy more comments but I'm not about to be all selfish about the updates and getting comments. x3 Sorry if I did sound a bit selfish in that last little note... xP I still love you guys, I promise!

Please comment and/or subscribe! <3

The title for this chapter comes from the song "Alone In This Bed" by Framing Hanley.