My Heart Is Yours

Please Tell Me You'll Stay

Wednesday’s pov

“Look, Wendy… I don’t know how to do this… Um…” Oh god. No. He couldn’t do this to me. He couldn’t do this to Lily. Or me. I knew this was all too good to be true… God… Mom was right, Max was just a fuck up that wasn’t worth going through the hurt for… I felt the tears in my eyes as my heart stopped beating. I could hear it slowly start to shatter, shard by shard. “I…I mean, I’ve never had to do…this ever before and…well… Fuck.”

Oh great. I sighed and could feel myself shaking slightly. He still held my hand gingerly as he stared down at the ground, almost in concentration. God. Why couldn’t he just get it over with already so that Lily and I could save the heart break. I could not believe this was happening right now… And I certainly didn’t want this to be happening right now. I had never want to have to go through this again. Losing Max again? Yeah, that was definitely far beyond being on the top of my to-not-do list.

I should have just stayed in Florida with Alex and never have started this whole damned thing…

Just as a tear fell down my cheek and onto the cement below, Max lowered himself onto his knees. Confused, I sniffed and wiped at my eyes with the back of the hand that he wasn’t holding onto. I was quite puzzled as to the reason he was on his knees right now. In the middle of a sidewalk in Denver. But then he reached into his pocket and pulled out a little box. My heart thundered back into life and I felt a hitch in my throat as I reached that free hand of mine to cover my mouth, unable to keep the small gasp that fell from my lips.

No. Fucking. Way.

“Please don’t cry, Wendy. Please? I just…I’m sorry I’m a jerk and I’m sorry I’ve fucked up a lot with you but… You’re the only person on the face of this damn planet that puts up with my shit. Other than Craig, but he doesn’t count. I don’t think I would be able to live a minute without you if I had to. You like…seriously saved me from fucking up my life more than I already had. I just…” he rambled and I almost started fully crying again. Like…beyond one hundred percent breaking down and crying in his arms.

“We have a gorgeous daughter together and I could not be happier right now and I just…I want to be the best dad to her ever, and…” he paused, took a deep breath, and then continued. “I want to be the best husband to you ever.” My heart continued to thunder and rage inside my chest, as he let his hand drop and moved to open the little box, holding it up towards me before he uttered two words. “Marry me?”

Two simple words, honestly. Not quite too significant in the English language until they were put together in one sentence and said by the one you loved. I swear, colors burst out from every little crevice in the world and just flooded over everything. It was amazing.

The ring was gorgeous and not your average engagement ring at all. There wasn’t a big diamond in the middle of it or lots of little diamonds, it was simple in a really elegant and pretty way. In fact, there were no diamonds. It was a simple silver band that wrapped around a small light amethyst stone in a simple leaf-shape. It was gorgeous and I couldn’t have asked for anything better than that.

A smile spread across my face as I nodded, lowering my right hand from my mouth as I sunk down onto my knees as well, moving quickly to throw my arms around him and bury my face into his shoulder. I started sobbing, despite how hard I tried not to. Go me, right? Pretty much. Max remained holding his arms up for a few more seconds before he tentatively wrapped his arms around me, I could feel the ring box press into my back as he hugged me back, the hand that wasn’t holding it right now rubbing soothing circles on my back.

“Um…” he started, but then seemed to loose his question as I pulled away slightly, pulling my face away from his shoulder and neck, and grinned at him. He looked confused, probably wondering what the hell was wrong with me or what my answer was. Most likely, his question was the later.

I, somehow, found my voice again as I nodded again. “Of course I will, Max!” I said, a hint of excited and happy hysteria in my voice as I responded. He grinned back at me then, looking a bit relieved as he pulled the arm that was holding the box with the ring in it around to between us. I watched as he pulled the ring from the box, holding it lightly as he reached back and grabbed my left hand again. My hand went from behind around his neck to being in his hand as he slid the ring onto my fourth finger.

“Awesome,” he said looking back up at me with a smile. I grinned back at him before wrapping my arms tightly around his neck again, squeezing him before I planted my lips firmly on his.

He kissed me back just as hard, wrapping his arms around me again and holding me to his chest. I smiled into the kiss, pulling away for breath and resting my forehead against his.

“We should probably get back to the bus, babe,” he said, moving like he was going to stand up. I continued to smile and nodded, following suit and standing up with him. I couldn’t believe that we’d just been kneeling on the sidewalks of Denver, but whatever. They were definitely much cleaner than any other big city, I was sure, but still. The fact remained that I didn’t really like the whole “dirty public area” thing. I haven’t changed a whole lot from high school, could you tell?

“Yeah, we should… Max, I…” I grinned at him, unable to form words to express how much it meant to me that Max wanted to be with me forever and ever. I just grinned, speechless more than I had ever been and unable to wipe the smile off of my face. Pretty much just like when he’d first asked me out. I didn’t think that I would ever stop smiling from this though.

Instead of words, I settled with just throwing my arms around him again and kissing him hard on the mouth once more.

Dear god I loved that man…

His arms wound around my waist and he kissed me back once again, his arms winding around my waist. A few minutes later, he broke apart and pulled away slightly, making me whimper slightly. I didn’t really want to have his arms not be around me at that point in time. But he made up for it by bending down and promptly scooping me up in his arms, one beneath my knees and one beneath my back in that classical “bridal” style of holding or carrying someone. I giggled and tightened my arms around his neck, grinning at him.

“Babe, isn’t that supposed to wait until the wedding night?” Holy shit, did that seriously come out of my mouth?

Oh my god. I was getting married. To Maxwell Scott Green.

Holy shit.

I giggled again, nuzzling against his neck before he laughed too and moved to kiss the top of my head before he began walking.

Normally, I didn’t like being carried or lifted up without fair warning or my consent. But this was Max and I couldn’t complain all that much because I loved the living hell out of that kid and I could forgive him for picking me up without fair warning about it first. Hell, I’d pretty much forgive him for almost anything at this point.

It didn’t take long for us to get back to the bus, thankfully, and when we did, it was a bit of a balancing act for Max to get us both through the damn door at the same time and up the steps without the door continuously closing on us.

Max set me down as we got up at the top of the stairs, keeping his arms wrapped tightly around my waist as he kissed me deeply once again.

“About damn time you’re back!” Craig’s voice reached my ears and I smirked as I pulled away from Max, turning around in his arms and, for once, removing mine from around his neck.

“Craig, if you don’t shut your mouth with that talk around Lily, my girl is going to beat you senseless,” Max said from behind, bending down to set his chin on my shoulder as I leaned back into him. Craig smirked and skipped over to us. Yes, that’s right. Craig Edward Mabbitt skips. He’s a fruity little child, but he’s one hundred percent straight. As far as I know, anyway. He’s actually really cute and adorable most of the time. There are definitely times that he’s kind of annoying, though…

“Oh please, Lily’s been asleep since before you put her to bed, Wendy,” Craig stated, rolling his eyes as he plopped himself firmly on the couch. He had a knowing smile on his face as he brushed his black hair out of his eyes. Robert and Bryan came waltzing down the hall not too long afterwards, plopping on the opposite couch and also having that knowing smile on their faces.

Alright. What was going on here that I didn’t know about?

“So…?” Craig started, grinning as he leaned forward and Max squeezed my waist again.

“What?” I asked, pulling away from my boyf- fiancé slightly to look back at him. He just grinned at me and shook his head, pulling me closer again and holding me tighter, making it so that I couldn’t get away. Not that I cared much. I still loved having Max’s arms around me at all possible moments. It was just more than great, honestly.

“What Craig means is that you two are supposed to tell us something,” Robert commented, smirking over at us. He’d pulled his long curly hair back and, for once, he wasn’t wearing his sun glasses. I grinned and felt myself blush slightly, leaning back into Max a little more.

“Oh we are, are we?” I asked, a single brow rising to arch in my forehead, hidden behind the bangs I’d combed over from the left side of my head.

“Oh yeah, you definitely are,” Bryan added, smiling at me quietly. I grinned back and felt my cheeks heat up a little more.

“We’re…” Max started, grinning and squeezing me again. I thought that he was going to completely like…cut off all air supply if he’d held me any tighter but I guess not. “Gonna get married.”

My smile grew wider at the words. I didn’t know that I could smile any more than I already was, but I could. It was like Max hugging me and everything like that. He kissed my cheek as Craig jumped from the couch and pumped his fist in the air.

“Yeah! I knew you could do it, Green!” he said and I laughed at that, leaning my head back into Max’s shoulder as I did so.

“Congrats, guys!” both Robert and Bryan said, standing up as well and coming over to us. I continued to grin as they all gathered around and patted Max on the back and continued to congratulate us. I was kind of trapped in Max’s arms and everything, but it wasn’t like I really cared all that much to begin with…

I was going to stay in those arms forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry guys for taking so long on this chapter! I didn't mean to, but I was having really bad writer's block and then school started back up and AP Art History continues to kick my ass pretty hard. xP However, here is that chapter that you guys have been waiting for! <3

Wanted to thank all the readers and all 76 of the subscribers for this! I've got 10 stars on this now so that makes me feel freaking amazing! ^^ I got lots of comments on the last chapter and that made my day hardcore! IWillMakeYouScream, amanda;; acousticore, xDarkFairyTalexx, escape the fate, and VIT-A-MIN WATER! thank you guys sooo much! <3 Again, I'm really sorry that I couldn't get a chapter up faster for you guys, but thank you so much for commenting and everything. Your comments always make me smile.

Please comment / subscribe, for me, guys? You make me feel awesome. <333

The title for this chapter comes from the song "Your Guardian Angel" by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. [I love their name...it's so incredibly random. xD]