My Heart Is Yours

She Is Everywhere I Go

Max’s pov

“Max! Dude! Get your ass out of bed!” Craig called, pulling open the curtain that separated me from everyone else. I looked up from the magazine I had found lying around to see my friend grinning at me. “Halo 3 tourney right now! If you don’t get your ass out of bed right now, you forfeit and, thereby, become a total puss for the rest of the tour!” he exclaimed, a wild grin on his face.

I smirked and closed the magazine, nodding. “Alright, alright, I’ll come play Halo. Chill the fuck out, man.”

About a half hour later, Bryan and I had been beaten hard by Craig and Robert. And so now it was those two against one another and I laughed as Craig and Robert whined and bitched about the other’s playing strategy.

“Robert, you screen-watching bastard! What the fuck is wrong with you!?” Craig cried when he had been killed, yet again, by the curly-haired drummer. He just looked over at our singer and grinned.

“You watch the screen too, Craig, don’t complain.” He definitely had a point, with that one…

“Fuck you! Fuck this game!” Craig’s claim caused a laugh to escape from my lips.

“You liar. You know you love Halo and you will never get tired of it,” I told him, grinning at the singer from my spot on the large couch. Bryan nodded in response beside me before standing up and walking through the bunk hall into the main room. I looked down at my phone, flipping through my contacts for no rhyme or reason.

My heart stopped when I scrolled over Wednesday’s name. Yeah, I know, I still hadn’t deleted her number from my phone. I knew she had a different phone number and everything. But I simply could not bring myself to delete her from my contacts list. I felt like deleting her from my phone was going to delete her off the face of the planet.

And I still wasn’t over her, so there was nothing I wanted less than to have her disappear off the edge of the planet…

“Maxwell? You okay, broski? You haven’t taken anything, have you?” Craig’s voice pulled me out of my thoughts, once again, as I looked up from my phone and closed it, shaking my head as I did so.

“Nope. Just thinking…”

“…About Wendy?” A look of what almost looked like guilt crossed my best friend’s face as he said her name. I sighed and nodded slowly, moving my eyes to stare at the floor beneath us.

“Fuck dude, we need more Jagerbombs. C’mon, let’s get fucked up,” Craig announced, moving to grab me by the wrist and pull me to my feet. I sighed and followed along. Getting smashed at ten in the morning wasn’t really something that I should probably be doing. But if it was going to keep Wednesday out of my head, then I’d pretty much do whatever it took.

The bus slowed to a stop after a couple shots and an hour. My head was starting to spin pleasantly and I was grinning and joking with the guys. Jack, our bus driver, threw the damn monster that we rode around in into park and then killed the engine. Craig and Robert were already dragging my ass off the bus, stepping into the warm sun of Florida. I smiled, enjoying the feeling of being warm and starting to push Wednesday out of my thoughts.

“Dude, I’m gonna go meet up with some friends, I’ll be back later tonight before the show,” Craig announced out of nowhere. I looked over at him and raised a brow. Since when did Craig have friends in Florida? Well…I had friends pretty much everywhere that we went, so I guess it made sense. I didn’t have any friends here in Florida, though. “Money, you coming?” Craig asked as Bryan followed suit off the bus. Alright…so since when did they both have friends in Florida? Bryan was pretty much a hermit, for the most part. So it was hard to believe that he had friends. But…oh well, I guess. Not much I could do about that now…

They left us waving after them while we stuck around the bus. Robert looked down at me from where he stood leaning against the bus. “So now what do we do?” he asked and I shrugged, not really knowing what to do at this point.

“I don’t know. I thought we were all going to hang out together, but I guess not now…” my voice faded as I finished speaking, frowning before I began fishing my cigarettes out of my back pocket. “Wanna go get smashed?” I asked, turning to the drummer with a small smile as I lifted the cancer stick to my lips. He sighed and shrugged, nodding and agreeing with me.

We started walking down the sidewalk the opposite way that Craig and Bryan had gone. There were quite a few people passing by us as he walked around trying to find a liquor store or a bar or something. We passed by a little bookstore on the way. And while walking past, I caught sight of a girl that looked a little too much like Wendy for my liking. Frowning, I backtracked to see the young woman bent in front of a little girl that had a lot of similarities to the woman. Black hair, slender, big grin. I sighed. It wasn’t Wednesday. It couldn’t have been, there was no way in hell that she’d have any kids…

“Max! You coming!?” Robert called from in front of me and I pulled myself away from going down that path of thoughts before nodding quickly and running off after the drummer.

That little glimpse of someone that even looked like Wednesday was too much for me to bare. I was definitely going to find a way to get as smashed as I possibly could before tonight…
♠ ♠ ♠
A new chapter for you guys. Sorry that it's taken so long to get an update from me, but I've been really busy lately. x3 I don't have a whole lot going on this week other than finals and some minimal volunteer work after school, so I should be able to update a lot more. -nodnod-

And to answer any possible questions, yes it was Wednesday and Lily that Max saw in the bookstore. -nodnod-

Thanks everyone, who's commented. There're only eight of them, though... and there are 35 of you subscribers, so...yeah. Could I possibly get any more comments from you guys? They make me happy! Thanks to everyone that's subscribed, though, you guys make me happy, too. <3

Please comment / subscribe, for me? Both are loved, despite my complaints. xD

The title for this chapter comes from "The Memory" by Mayday Parade. <3