Gravity

Don't Lie

Seth Clearwater couldn't believe Jacob was actually doing this. Phoning the girl he imprinted on, having never spoken to her. Then again, Seth didn't have to run after the girl for his friend and stop her...

Seth turned into the aisle where his friend was standing, "Jake, what're-" He stopped, seeing the look Jacob had on his face. He knew that look. He saw Sam give Emily that look. He saw Jared give Kim that look.

Jacob had imprinted.

Seth looked at the two girls, realizing Jacob was looking at the shorter of the two, both girls were looking quizically at his friend, "Let's go before he molests you." The taller of the two girls whispered, and pulled the other girl away. They left the aisle, and Jacob lurched forward, to run after them, but Seth held him back.

"Not here!" Seth said, pulling his fighting friend in the other direction. He knew Jacob was going to phase, Sam, Jared, and Quil did shortly after they imprinted, and Seth had to get Jacob out of the store before it happened. He saw a 'EXIT' sign, one for the fire escape, he opened it. "Run to the woods man." He said.

"But, she-" Jacob turned around, looking around trying to find the girl wildly.

"I'll find her, and talk to her, just get to the woods!" Seth hissed, pointing towards the line of trees that were about a football field away. He pushed Jacob forwards, and closed the door.

"Excuse me!" A voice called, he turned and saw an employee walk towards him, noticeably becoming intimidated by Seth's size, "That's the fire exit, you can't leave that way." He said.

"Sorry, my friend was sick, and if I didn't get him out he would of thrown up on the carpet." Seth lied, the employee smiled thankfully.

"Alright, well try to get him to a garbage can or a bathroom next time." He said, and walked away.

As if there'd be a 'next time' fore Jake to imprint.

Seth walked fast to the front of the store, and didn't see the girls at the cash. His eyes widened, panicked he had missed them, and that Jacob would kill him for not finding her. He ran out of the store, and stopped, seeing the two standing a few feet away, the one girl looking at the receipt. He walked towards them.

"I thought it was on sale." The one with the reciept muttered.

"That was the old one, the one you said he already had." The other one, the imprint said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes dude, it's Best Buy, they can't rip you off." She laughed.

"Hi." Seth piped up, making both girls look up at him, a bit wearily, he smiled. "I'm Seth." He said, maybe he'd get a name.

"Hi Seth. What can we do for you?" The taller girl said. Seth almost narrowed his eyes at her, was she going to be a problem?

"I was actually hoping to get your name." He said to the smaller one, she raised her eyebrows.

"My name?" She asked, her voice shaking a bit, obviously intimidated by his size since he towered over her, "W-Why?" She stuttered.

Seth decided he'd lie as a way to not freak her out, and get her name, "You look like a girl I went to elementry school with, is your name Samantha Uley?" He asked, changing his Alpha's name to a girls, knowing he'd probably get an extra few shifts because of it. Both girls visibly relaxed, obviously believing he thought she was someone else.

"No, my name is Charlotte, sorry." She said, smiling a bit.

"Oh, no; it was my mistake." He laughed, "But you do look really familiar!" He exclaimed, hoping to maybe get more out of her.

"I don't know, do you go to school here?" She asked, and he shook his head, so she lived in Port Angeles obviously, "I doubt you're a skater." She laughed, and he laughed to, "Um, the only thing I can think of is that I waitress, maybe you've came in and I served you." She shrugged.

"Maybe, where is it you work?" He asked.

"Bushwhacker. It's a seafood place." She stated.

"That's probably it then," He nodded, lying, "I love seafood." He laughed, making the girls laugh as well.


He and Embry watched with interest. The phone book was on the table, opened, and Jacob tapped his fingers impatiently, and they could hear the ringing even though the phone was at his ear.

"What are you going to say Jake? 'Hi, remember me, the guy that gawked at you at Best Buy?" Embry asked. Jacob flicked him off, making Seth laugh.

"Good evening: Bushwhacker's Restaurant, Deb speaking how can I help you?" A voice answered, Jacob smiled.

"Hi, can I talk to Charlotte?" He asked, Seth laughed. After more prodding from Seth, she said she worked every Monday and Wednesday night. Jacob had been itching since Saturday to call.

"Sure, can you hold for a few minutes?" The lady asked.

"Yeah." Jacob said, and then music started playing as she put him on hold.

"Dude, seriously: what're you going to say?" Embry asked.

"I don't know." Jacob shrugged.

"Jacob!" Embry yelled, "You don't have a plan you're just going to wing it?! Dude you'll probably going into freaky 'You're-my-imprint-and-I'm-in love-with-you' mode and tell her you want her to have your babies!" Embry exclaimed.

"Hello?" A voice said, and the music stopped. Jacob's eyes widened, so did Embry's. "Hello?" The voice repeated. Seth recognized it enough to know it was the right girl. "Hello?" The voice said again.

"Hi!" Jacob almost yelled. Seth covered his mouth, muffling his laughs, and Jacob chucked the phone book at him.

"Hi?" She said, laughing a bit, "Can I help you?" She asked.

"Yeah," Jacob started, "I'm uh," He started, but stop, "I wanted to make a reservation?" He asked more then said. Embry raised his eyebrows.

"Okay," She started, "Deb said you asked specifically for me?" She asked.

"Yes, a friend recommended you." Jacob said, cringing a bit, and starting to slowly pace.

"Oh, okay." She said, obviously buying it, "Do you mind me asking who?"

"Seth." Jacob said, Seth widened his eyes at him.

The girl didn't say anything for a second, probably trying to figure out who Seth was, "Alright, fair enough. So did you just want me to make the reservation, or did you want me to waitress for it?"

"Both." Jacob said. Seth couldn't believe this was actually working.

"Alright, well what night did you need it for?"

"Next wednesday." Jacob said.

"Okay, that works, how many people do you need?" She asked, Jacob thought for a few seconds.

"Ten." He said, Embry shot his eyebrows up.

"Alright, what time?" She asked after a few seconds.

"Seven?" He asked.

"Alright, that'll work out. Can I get your name?" Jacob looked at Seth.

"Just tell her your name." Seth whispered.

"But then if I show up after making the reservation, she'll know I was the Best Buy guy and probably think I'm stalking her." Jacob said, covering the phone, and whispering.

"Either way, you're going to show up." Embry whispered back.

"Yeah, but if she say's 'who's Jacob' and I say it's me, she'll freak out since she'll probably remember me from Best Buy. But if I'm an innocent person that went along to the reservation it's just coincidence!"

"Dude that makes no sense!" Seth laughed.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Jared asked, walking into the room, and throwing himself on the couch.

"My name is Jared." Jacob said, making Jared look at him confused, "It's my girlfriend Kim's birthday." He added.

The girl laughed a bit, "Alright Jared, if there's any problems just give us a call, and we can fix it. Otherwise, I'll see you on wednesday. Have a good night." She said, Jacob said bye, and hung up.

"What?" Jared asked confused.

"You don't think Kim will mind pretending next wednesday is her birthday, do you?"
♠ ♠ ♠
So obviously this kind of sets up the rest of the story.

Comments would be great. Thanks for all of the ones on the last one! : )