Fate of a Wolf Pack

A Terrible Secret

"But why?" Toboe asks.

"Shush!" Tsume demands, glaring at Toboe. He turns to look at Kiba and Hige. "What do you want?" He demands.

"To tell the truth, we were just walking and crazy head over here thought he smelled more wolves." Kiba says, motioning toward Hige.

"Well, he was right." Tsume says, keeping a close eye on both of them as he walks over to the table.

"What are you doing?" Hige asks, looking at Tsume in confusion.

"It's all right. You can come out." Tsume says, pushing something out of behind the table.

"Okay...he's goin-" Hige begins, but stops when he sees Toboe walk out of behind the table.

"What's going on?" Toboe asks, looking at Kiba and Hige.

"Hello." Kiba says, smiling warmly.

"Hello....who are you?" Toboe asks, looking at Kiba and Hige in confusion.

"My name's Kiba, and this is Hige." Kiba says, motioning toward Hige. Toboe looks at Hige, and his face turns into a mask of horror.

"Toboe? What's wrong?" Tsume asks, walking up to Toboe, and nudging him with his muzzle.

"It's.....y.....you!" Toboe shouts as he growls, the hair on his back sticking up. He lunges at Hige.

"What the hell is your problem, kid?!!" Hige demands, glaring at Toboe.

"It's your fault!" Toboe shouts.

"What are you talking about? You crazy kid!" Hige growls, getting into a defensive stance.

"It's your fault!" Toboe repeats.

"What the hell did you do, Hige?" Kiba demands.

"I don't know! I've never seen this kid before!" Hige shouts as he dodges an attack.

"Well......he sure seems to know you." Kiba says, looking on the battle with worry.

"Apparently." Hige growls, looking at Kiba like he's just stated the obvious. Tsume jumps forward to grab Toboe by the back of the neck, and pulls him back.

"Let me go! He betrayed my pack to the nobles!" Toboe shouts, fighting against Tsume's hold on him.

"What in the world are yo-" Tsume begins.

"I'm sorry about that.....but I don't belong to the nobles anymore." Hige says, lowering his head.

"How do we know?" Toboe demands.

"Good question....hm.....well, I guess you'll just have to trust me." Hige says, sounding unsure. He looks at Toboe, who is now crying. When he tries to walk up to him, Tsume stands in front of Toboe.

"Stay away from him." Tsume demands in an angry voice.

"But....." Hige mutters.

"So, you think it's fun to kill your own kind as well as humans? Is there any room in your perfect world for anyone but yourself?" Tsume demands, glaring at Hige.

"I don't ask that he forgives me....it's just that.....I was the one that carried him away and brought him here on that day." Hige says, lowering his head in shame. Toboe stops crying, and looks at Hige.
♠ ♠ ♠
Peace!!
KcA