Sequel: Lost & Found
Status: Completed! Minor editting - mostly for grammar and spelling - now underway. ;)

Sugar & Spice

The Vow

*Sirius's Point of View

We snuck down the corridors at such a late hour that it was early, worried that we were going to get caught as we struggled to keep Remus walking. He was all but passing out on us, and he wasn't light either.

There was no need for our anxiousness though, because we were all mostly concealed by the invisibility cloak, and we could tell from the map that there was nobody around to bump into.

Still, it was a relief when we finally made it to the snoozing portrait of the fat lady and I whispered, "Venomous Tentacula." She swung open automatically, not even stirring as we all climbed in, grunting as we hauled an exhausted Remus up into the common room.

We all froze, hearts pounding, when we heard a soft moan behind us. I turned slowly to see the last person I wanted to see at this moment - Rosie Tamsworth.

As if she could feel our stares on her, her eyes slowly drifted open, slowly enough that I could almost fool myself into thinking that I was imagining it. No such luck, though.

She sat up and glanced at her watch, running her tongue over her lips in a way that made my lower abdomen clench almost painfully to watch. She jerked as she suddenly noticed us, still standing motionless with Remus suspended between us.

"Black? It's almost morning, what are you guys up to?" She asked, her voice adorably gravelly from her sleep.

"None of your business," I snapped, suddenly irritated and a smidgeon hurt that she insisted on calling me Black... And the fact that she didn't like me much or the the idea of me tutoring her.

"God, would you guys kindly pull your fingers out of your arses please? I'm ready to drop dead over here," Remus breathed almost inaudibly, but we heard him. We hauled him fully up into the common room, and he slumped against me and James' shoulders.

Rosie started and stood up, suddenly fully awake and looking like she wanted to help. I threw out a hand to keep her back.

"No!" I commanded, a bit loudly - I didn't want her to get too close a look at Remus. I lowered my voice a bit, but purposefully left the harshness there. "Go to bed, Tamsworth."

She frowned - presumably because it was the first time I'd called her by her last name - and looked a bit hurt. It was gone in another split second, so quickly I wasn't even so sure I'd seen it at all.

She turned on her heel without another backward glance and marched up the stairs to the dorms upstairs, scooping up her supplies on the way.

James shrugged and all three of us (Peter, James and I) got Remus upstairs and to bed with minimal difficulty. Peter was tired so he went to sleep too, while James and I slumped downstairs, knackered, but too keyed up to sleep just yet.

Once we were situated in our usual spots by the fire James spoke up.

"So what was that with you and Rosie?" I shrugged, both a gesture and trying to rid the feeling in my gut.

"I'm her private tutor's all." He gave me a look that clearly said 'don't give me that shit - I'm your best mate.' I shrugged again and he huffed impatiently.

"Please. You're usually so smooth with the ladies - not like me with Evans," He added as an after-thought, grimacing and then smirking. I grinned with him.

"Yeah, I'm sure when you caught her outside the girls' bathroom last Friday - 'Go out with me, Evans!'-" I shouted in an uncanny imitation of James. "she was totally turned on."

This kind of banter wasn't new between James and I - especially on nights when Moony transformed, when we sometimes stayed up all night. We would tease each other about all our recent stupid mistakes with girls and when there was nothing else to talk about there, we talked about random things, or played card games. It was a kind of ritual for us.

James's blush dissipated as he suddenly thought of something that made him smirk evilly at me. I sighed, knowing this would be good.

"Go on, spit it out,"

"What about you and Dyers ... 'Suck me, beautiful'..." He cooed, imitating my smooth 'ladies-man voice' and then breaking off to burst out cackling evilly, to which I joined in, throwing him a punch in the arm. He returned it in kind.

"Yeah, well - she was gagging for it!" I said defensively, as soon as I could speak again.

"Yeah mate, every girl's gagging for it as soon as they clap eyes on you... except Rosie," He quirked his eyebrows at me, and I cursed inwardly. There was a very good reason that James was my best mate.

"She soon will be," I swore, trying to convince myself. James just shook his head disbelievingly and got to his feet, grabbing my arm to help me up too. I groaned, suddenly feeling the lack of sleep keenly.

"Bedtime!" He said in a cheerful voice. Too cheerful for six in the morning, that was for sure. We trudged back up the stairs that led to our dorm. I cursed under my breath.

Then I made an oath to myself. I would have Rosie Tamsworth.

I'll have her begging me for it by the end of the month, I thought smuggly.

*Rosie's Point of View

I woke up the next morning with the full realisation that I would be starting my first day of school and practically jumped out of bed, causing Red to mutter darkly under her breath. I ignored her, and grabbed my school uniform, undergarments and towel, before going into the bathroom. After a quick shower I apprehensively put the uniform on, grimacing as I looked at my reflection. I looked so... school-girly.

Not a look I was used to, so I spiced it up a bit. I applied a bit more eyeliner than usual, put a dab of dusty rose lipstick on, and ran a fair amount of gel through my hair to make it look artistic and windswept, like I'd seen in all the fashion magazines I read.

I stepped back to look and actually laughed aloud. I had abnormally long legs, so although I'm pretty sure the skirt was supposed to fall to just above my knees it was about three inches higher. Not inappropriate in the slightest - just not so geeky, which I was relieved for, because the skirt was already taylored so that it sat snuggly around my belly button.

I'd embraced part of my conformist side by actually tucking my shirt in, but I then strung a thin leather belt with small golden studs through my skirt loops, even though I was sure it wouldn't be considered part of the school uniform. I slipped my grey, deep v-necked cardigan on and threw my tie around my neck because I had no idea how to do it up.

I stole back into the dorm and slipped my opaque black tights and ballerina pumps on before grabbing my mustard-coloured shoulder bag and slinging it diagonally across my chest.

I took the stairs two at a time, admiring the way my skirt fluttered up and down with the motion and jumped the last five steps, landing with a muffled bump on my feet.

As I crossed the common room, wondering how on earth I was going to find the Great Hall, I felt somebody's eyes on me. I whirled around and recognised Black as his head whipped back to stare at the fireplace.

I made my way over to him, sticking my hands in my skirt pockets.

"Morning, Black," I greeted politely. He didn't look up.

"Morning Tamsworth," He replied formally and I raised an eyebrow. I knew I was pushing my luck, but I thought I should try.

"Um, I don't reckon I'll be able to find my way to the Great Hall in time for breakfast... do you think you could help me?" He finally looked up at me and I saw how exhausted he looked. My expression softened. He was really quite endearing... in a way.

"Sorry, Tammie, but I'm meeting my friends here for breakie. I'm sure you can find it by yourself." I stared at him as he turned his head away and looked back into the fire, dismissing me.

Without another word I calmly turned around and walked to the portrait hole before jumping out. He was right - I could find it by myself. I didn't need his help.

Well, admittedly, I actually got lost and it took me half an hour to correct my mistake, but I finally did reach the Great Hall.

By the time I got there I was amongst a veritable sea of students, a lot of which were streaming in as this was the latest possible time people could catch breakfast before going to class.

As I walked in I could feel many pairs of eyes on me - way too many for me to feel comfortable. I felt myself staring at my shoes, and forced my head up, and my shoulders back.

Come on Tamsworth, I thought, ignoring the incredulous head-to-toe looks from the girls I passed. I couldn't help but wonder if everybody at Hogwarts was quite so rude. I certainly hoped not, or my time here would be even less smooth than I'd anticipated.

I'd never been scrutinized so much in my life, and quickly realised that I didn't like it.

The second I reached Gryffindor table, I quickly sat down in the first available seat... which happened to be between Black and the boy I'd met twice before. I remembered his name was James Potter.

"Morning," I said brightly to James, pouring myself a strong, sweet cup of tea.

I heard Black huff irritably next to me, but it served him right for his rudeness this morning.

I was just about to reach out and snag a waffle from the platter in front of me, but all the food disappeared. I sighed, disappointed, and pulled out my schedule (which I hadn't bothered to look at the night before) from my bag.

Lesson 1: Transfiguration
Lesson 2: Free Period
Break
Lesson 3: Muggle Studies
Lunch
Lesson 4: Potions
Lesson 5: Free Period.


There was also a bit of writing scrawled at the bottom. I brought the piece of paper so close to my face that it nearly brushed my nose, but still couldn't read it very well. I sighed and pulled out my tiny rectangular, gold glasses, and set them on the bridge of my nose.

I was finally able to read the untidy handwriting, which looked as though it had been written in a rush.

Tonight at 8:30 you will be starting your first tutoring session with Mr Black. Just go over what you think you need help with most. From now on you shall have at least three two-hour sessions a week. Professor McGonagall. I slumped in my seat and took a deep breath.

I knew, just knew that private tutoring with Mr. Black would be anything but boring.
♠ ♠ ♠
I must say, I'm actually really disappointed. Not only have I not gained any more subscribers, I actually lost one - please please please send me a message so that I can know that I'm not wasting my time...

Anyways, I'm going to put another pic here of Sirius, in the hopes that somebody might actually see it.

Love,
The Writer x :)