Sequel: Chasing our Fate

You Can't Fight Fate

Surprises

“Stephanie!” Todd yelled from downstairs. His voice rang throughout our mansion. I rolled my eyes as I wiped the paint off my hands and skipped down the stairs. I was enjoying my time off from school and just life in general. I got to reconnect with my little brothers, they were only ten, but I loved them to death. One thing I didn’t enjoy was my dad having complete control over me. I had to do everything he told me to without questions asked or even compromise. My dad was a very laid back guy, but when it came to teaching me a lesson, he turned into strict-beyond-reasonably dad. I wasn’t ever the spoiled brat Paris Hilton heiress, I was the normal teenager…just a little more fortunate. Luckily, he allowed me to have friends over.

The gang all went in different parts of the country for the holidays, Storm being the furthest away in Japan so I was getting lonely. Demi, Nicole Anderson and Maya had come down for a visit after the New Year and we were now splatter painting in our art/play room. Most of the girls Nick had over when I visited had become good friends with me and even after all the drama passed, they still wanted to be friends. Demi and I had especially become close friends. Surprisingly, even Miley and I talked occasionally , she was the strongest girl I knew.

“Yes daddy,” I answered him.

My dad looked me up in down, confused at my attire of ripped, painted splattered baggy jeans, and a cut up sweatshirt.

"Okay…” he muttered, “you’re going with me to Nashville to meet up with the band tomorrow.”

I sighed, “Dad…I have friends over…”

He shrugged as he tossed an orange up and down. His blue eyes were merciless and I didn’t even feel like arguing.

“Pack for about a week,” he shouted after me, “nothing too formal, maybe a nice cocktail dress…I love you!”

I rolled my eyes and ran back upstairs, frustrated at him. I loved my dad to death, he really was the best dad in the world, but sometimes we just weren't on the same page in life.
<->
“Okay so…JB will perform first and then we’ll go into a NJATA intermission and then after you finish we’ll have the special guests come on,” Kevin stated to all of us.

I played with my guitar as he explained the set list of the fourth annual show The Jonas Brothers + Friends, at the Ryman Auditorium. For the second time, The Administration would be special guests. I was excited to get back on the stage because it had been six months since we had been on one. I was itching to get back in front of our fans. I missed them more than I ever thought. Ever since making the Ryman an annual show, it has become a huge event and extremely hard to get tickets for fans. We always did the most unpredictable and longest show because we never had a specific set list or guests.

We had anyone who wanted to perform with us were encouraged to come out. Right now, we had the usual artists: Martina McBride, Jordin Sparks, and Amy Grant. We even jammed out with Amy’s husband Vince Gill, Phil Vassar, and Christian artists Steven Curtis Chapman, and Michael W. Smith. We also added Diane Birch, Demi, and Daniella Mason.
We also premiered new songs, including the one I had written today. I was excited to premiere it because it was my most challenging piece I had written yet.

“So, what covers are we doing?” I asked.

“we want to do some Kings of Leon and John Mayer…definitely Free Fallin'” Joe replied as he balanced the mic stand on his hand, “Oooh, and how about some Chasing Fate.”
Our whole band, family, and friends in the audience all agreed that we should.

“But which songs?” Kevin asked.

Everyone in the venue began throwing out songs.

“Let’s do Lullaby for Dani!” Joe exclaimed.

I smiled, pleased that they chose one of my favorite songs. Lullaby was actually one of the lesser-known CF songs because it wasn’t on their demo tape, but a late release by Todd Jameson himself.

“I want to sing that one guys…” I interjected, “how about something faster like 'I just want to celebrate' or 'Drops of Jupiter.'”

“Dude! We have to do 'Drops of Jupiter!'” Joe exclaimed.

Everyone agreed that they wanted to do Drops of Jupiter so I had The Administration show our band how it went.

“Hey! Wouldn’t that be cool if Todd let us cover one of their song, like an official recording or something,” Kevin stated absentmindedly as we sat on the stage during a break. One part that sucked about not being on stage for so long was that we had to rehearse a lot. We were going on ten hours of practice so far. Partially because Kevin had to take care of Dani and Joe was busy planning his wedding. Yes…he finally proposed on New Years and Jessica was beyond happy.

That left me with no one (technically), I had been waiting for Stevvie to come to me so I can forgive her in person. Once I forgave her, I was planning to be with her no matter what. I could honestly say that I loved Stevvie. I was in love with her long before this whole thing happened, just too scared to admit it. Once I heard that song she wrote me at the talent show, I had made my decision that she truly was sorry and it was about time I let her explain herself. Stevvie was incredibly talented and everyone got a rare chance to see that at the talent show, I was proud of her and slightly offended that she sang my own song better than I did. Now, I was stuck waiting for her to make her move, I was hoping to be with her sooner, but she hadn’t called or texted. I had an insider (Maya) to tell me if she talked about me while she was visiting her with Demi and Nicole. So far, she hadn’t said anything, just about how happy she was that she was home in Chicago. It had me worried, honestly, because Maya had left beck to Texas, which meant I had no idea what Stevvie was up to.

“Alright, let’s get started again guys! Let’s take ‘Please be mine’ from the top,” Kevin decided.
I sighed and got my acoustic ready.
<->

Todd smiled, pleased at how his trip was going with Stevvie. This was the first time they had one-on-one time together in years. It was partially his fault because of his devotion to his job. With our ever-changing world, music has become so demanding for bigger and better things and more exposure. This meant that the bands and artists he managed needed to be managed more than ever. Now, he was on the road and in jets more than being at home. His wife, Jennifer, and twin boys, Alex and Adrian were used to him not being there, but Stevvie (who he took with him everywhere until she was six,) took it the hardest because they were so close. Stevvie and her dad were very much the same. They both had huge hearts, a sarcastic since of humor and a love of vintage stuff.

“Stephanie darling,” Todd said. Stevvie leaned against the car window of their SUV, her uncle Julian and Johnny were having a loud debate on whether Nick Jonas was six-foot or five-eleven based on her wallpaper on her phone of him. She refused to tell them until they replaced her Coco Chanel lip liner Johnny broke out of boredom and nosiness while he dug into her purse looking for gum. Gregg was knocked out and snoring very loudly on top of the ruckus.

“Yes daddy, “she muttered.

“I know you probably are still mad at me, but I want you to know…that you are off the hook now. I think you’ve learned your lesson.”

Stevvie sat up strait and smiled widely at her dad, pleased that her punishment was over.

“Thank you daddy!” she squealed, “I’m sorry, by the way…for everything I’ve said to you…I never meant any of it. I could never live without you and I’m extremely lucky to have you as a dad. I love you.”

Todd’s heart smiled as he felt the love of his daughter once again.

“I love you too, baby,” he cooed, “I hope we never have to fight again, and I promise to be around more.”

The Jamesons sat in silence for the rest of the time, happy that everything had gone back to normal. Everything was almost in balance, and Nick would be the one thing that made everything better.

<->

“Dudes!” Johnny yelled. His blond hair shook all over his head as he jumped up and down, “let’s go already!”

I rolled my eyes at his impatience as I applied my mascara. I fixed my color-block dress thigh length dress. I loved the white top, black stripe and bright blue bottom contrast. With sleek tights, and my black booties, I was beyond happy with my appearance. Because of the rain, I put my hair in a curly up do.

“Where are we going anyway?” I asked absentmindedly. I slipped on my gold studs and looked myself over.

"Well, I can honestly tell you you’re going to hate me for bringing you there…but this is your last punishment,” My dad stated as he fixed his tie.

I looked at him, confused as to what he meant and where he was taking me.

“Well, I’m honestly kind of scared…” I stated. I helped my dad as he struggled with his tie, “you just love to make me mad at you don’t you…”

“Possibly, but this is something I’ve been planning to take you to since last summer, so I don’t want you to fuss tonight, no matter what, you have to promise you’ll have fun.”

I bunched my eyebrows together, still not understanding where he was going, but agreed nonetheless.

“This traffic is insane,” I complained, “what’s going on tonight?” we were stuck in the city for so long, I couldn’t figure out why…that is until I saw the sign…in bright red lettering it read loud and clear.

“TONIGHT: JONAS BROTHERS AND FRIENDS FEATURING: NICK JONAS AND THE ADMINISTRATION.”

“Oh my god,” I exclaimed, “Daddy! Are you crazy! There is no way I’m stepping a foot in that building!”

“Now, Darling…you promised,” he tried to reason with me.

“No, this isn’t even about me! Do you think he wants me there? NO!” I shouted, “Not to mention the freaking chaos I would cause on the blogs! I’m not doing that to him when he doesn’t even know I’m here!”

“Stephanie! This is an outing with the band, you’re coming with us and, we have seats in the balcony anyway.”

I slouched down in my seat, utterly upset with my dad. I couldn’t believe he expected me to show up at a place where everyone one in the building was curious about me.

“You better not be trying anything,” I finally stated as we made our way into the building through the side entrance, “we’re just here to see the concert, not make business deals with Mr. Jonas and you won’t be meeting any Jonas got it?”

“Fine, “he replied, “but you will take any picture and be nice to any fan. Got it?”

I grumbled and agreed. This was going to be a long night.

We all sat down in the middle of a row and immediately I heard a low murmur and the pointing of parents at my dad and the band and points from teens and young people at me.

I sighed and slunk down into my seat. Only to be interrupted by a tap on my shoulder.

I opened on eye and saw three teenaged girls in front of me.

“Stephanie, these young girls would like to meet you…” Julian, my uncle stated through chuckles condescendingly.

“Jerk,” I muttered to him and smiled up at the girls.

“Oh my gosh, I can’t believe you’re here!” one exclaimed.

“Neither can I!” I exclaimed in the same tone. I could not help but speak sweetly to them. I had a soft spot for Jonas Brothers’ fans because I was in their shoes at one point. I happily took pictures and interacted with each one that approached me. It was a chain reaction of girls and it only stopped until my dad finally told them I wanted to enjoy the show. I knew Nick was going to kill me once he found out what I was doing. I only hoped he might be at least a little pleased that I was supporting him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know why, but I love this chapter :)
do you? lemme know :)