Sequel: Chasing our Fate

You Can't Fight Fate

Olive and an arrow

Todd and Stevvie clapped, impressed with the Jonas Brothers’ performance with Jordin Sparks. So far, they were amazing and the show was almost over. Chasing Fate freaked out when they performed “Drops of Jupiter”, their most famous song and everyone sang along. It was exciting for everyone, but hit Stevvie hard when Nick performed “lullaby”. She could not believe that he knew that song, and it was obvious he didn’t know the story behind it either. Todd and his band members cheered in pride after each song, in disbelief that even people of Stevvie’s generation and younger loved their music.

As far as Stevvie knew, Nick couldn’t see that they were they, but it also wasn’t like he was looking for her either.

“They just get better, I swear,” Todd commented, “I remember hearing Nick’s first album in my office years ago, “and look at them now.”

Stevvie leaned against the ledge, taking the pressure off her feet and sighed. She admired the way Nick joked with the crowd and mimicked girls he thought were funny. Being on stage was truly where he and his brothers belonged and you could tell they was so comfortable being up there. The crowds might have been intimidating for her (which is why she had only seen them live once in her life), but she always admired their never-ending dedication and energy.

After they finished joking around, in a split second decision, they decided to cover yet another Chasing Fate song. Specifically Stevvie favorite song, “Hey soul sister,”

“So, this crowd is amazing tonight, but I think you guys can get louder!” Joe challenged them, “With this song, I don’t want anybody to sit down! Get up and dance!”

Stevvie shouted and danced around in excitement, happy they decided to cover it. As a surprise, John Taylor and Kevin came out with ukuleles and Joe got the crowd to clap to the heavy bass that Flawless Lawless was playing.

Eventually, Nick started the lyrics. Chasing Fate acted as if they were seventeen again and air played the song and sang along, reliving their glory days along with the crowd.
Stevvie smiled, happy that the guys that had been friends since before she was even born were still the same and just as close years down the road.

Finally, the band ended with the song that started it all, please be mine. The crowd erupted in excitement, causing the balcony to shake even. The whole crowd waved there arms with Joe’s and sang as loud as they could, producing a beautiful sight. It was amazing how three brothers could bring a whole room full of strangers together and get them to do anything.

After their goodbyes, and thank yous, the band bowed one last time and walked off from their two and a half hour set. Instead of the screaming dying down, it only intensified and soon, someone began and ‘Jonas’ chant. Todd, Stevvie, Julian, Johnny, and Gregg all began to get ready to leave until the screaming erupted again. Suddenly, a single spotlight appeared on the stage and Nick appeared with a straight mic-stand. Stevvie looked at her family in confusion but went back to her seat anyway. Slowly, the lights on stage lit up the Administration.

“So…I was going to perform this song earlier, but I chickened out. But, you guys have been amazing tonight. So I decided to perform it for you guys,” he started, “It’s a new song I wrote yesterday…so bare with me.”

Gaining curiosity, the crowd quieted down to listen to the brand new song.

<->

“We all have that same hope…to meet someone that makes us very happy,” Nick began in his slight country accent, talking over the mellow guitar notes Sonny, his guitar player was playing, “Now who here…has someone in their life that makes them very happy?” The crowd of boys and girls alike screamed, answering his question. “…and so, if you have that person…not every moment is going to be a walk in the park, am I right?” he paused and waited for the crowd to cool down again. He sat up the single mic stand with his microphone.

“Well…that’s what this song is about. It’s about knowing that something that’s so beautiful…that knowing that even in the tough times…you have more love in your heart then you can even imagine." The crowd screamed even loudly, causing him to smile a little. “It’s about when you find love...but it’s not right because they stab you in the back, but even though they do things to hurt you…you can’t help but love them with all your heart. It means a lot to me, and I hope you enjoy it.”

Feeling weak, I took my seat. I had no idea what the song would be like, but I knew it was about me. I was more than glad that he didn’t know I was sitting right in front of him when he was about to perform his heart out about me. I couldn’t take my eyes off of him as he sauntered around the stage.

Nick turned around as the administration played the opener of the song. Focusing only on the on whatever was going on in his head …and then finally made his way to the mike.

“Olive…and an arrow in the back…” those six simple words slid out of his mouth in a smooth melodic tone twice before he counted down for the Administration to come in. The lighting went down and the candles that were scattered across the stage made the room filled with mostly girls swoon over his stage presence.

“We’ve never been into honesty
but promise me you’ll let me know
when you’re lying
She wants to be and eagle
when she’s high she can fly
no matter what she was trying”


Even I couldn’t resist standing back up and listening in to the lyrics, it was probably the only chance many of the people in the room got to see Nick Jonas completely vulnerable. You could tell from the faces he made that he was pouring his emotions out for all of them to see. He caressed the stand so gently as he gained emotion. His speech kept replaying in my mind…specifically the part about loving that person. Did Nick really just say that he loved me? I was totally having a teenie moment as I watched him sing, I felt as if he were singing only to me, (technically he would be.)

“She’ll be the perfect woman
Then she’ll change suddenly
you wanna cry from the feeling
She’s got a heart of gold but
Every now and again she’ll turn to grey
and you know she gives me”


My heart began to pound as he described me. A pile of mixed emotions flooded my heart and I didn’t know weather to cry or smile. Nick still had feelings for me, obviously, but I hurt him worse than I thought.

“An olive then an arrow in the back
She leaves me breathless
Then she kicks me while I’m down
She leaves me hoping
that my love won’t show
‘Cause I know she’ll give me
An olive and an arrow”


His falsetto rang through the small venues, causing everyone to scream in delight. Nick completely ignored the screams and continued to sing into the microphone with his eyes closed as if he were immersing himself in the music as I did.

“She doesn’t like to worry
but she’ afraid of everything
that’s going on around her
I’m just another photo
That made it’s way on her page
Somehow I stayed but it won’t be long”


I shook my head at the words he was saying…every part about was true, except that he was “just another photo.” I could never get rid of him because I needed him too much now.
Once again, he repeated the chorus, gaining emotion with each line and then going into a guitar break with Sonny. The crowd’s noise grew with the intensity of the song. I could tell Nick felt it when he began to jump up and down before returning to the mic to pour his heart out again. This time, I knew he was going on improvisation, changing the lyrics to fit his broken down state.

“You leave me hoping…praying,” he sang with his hand on his heart, “That my love won’t show…cause I know you’ll give me an olive and arrow…”

Once again, Nick went over to Sonny, letting him have a solo. I knew Nick was completely taken over by emotion as he bobbed his head to the music, not paying any attention to the crowd of adoring fans. Once he was done, Nick came back to the mic and sang out. He was brought to his knees as his notes grew higher and higher. Finally, his fist hit the ground and he stayed there for what seem like forever, you tell even though I was far away, that he was crying.

“Whooo…I know you’ll give me….an olive,” his soulful voice sang, “…and an arrow.”

Finally, he addressed the audience as usual.

“Now I’m gonna need you help on this part everybody in this place tonight…come on!” he stated, “sing this out with me. Wahohh!”

The crowd repeated his moan and they went back and forth until they got to the ending.

“If you’ve ever had a broken heart!” he yelled, “If you ever loved somebody…sing it with me now! Wahohh.”

He held out the last note when the band stopped playing until the lights went dark. I shakily sat back in my seat, in tears at what I had just heard. It was a combination of the most beautiful and painful song I have ever heard. The fans heard a skillful artist with amazing vocal abilities when I saw a brokenhearted man that had been done wrongfully, by me. Once the lights returned, Nick was at his microphone stand, looking at the crowd with an unreadable expression on his face. He did this for a moment before a slight smile formed on his face. The crowd was as loud as ever with every moment he made.

“I just performed my heart out for you guys…and I can’t tell you how humbling it is that after all these years, you guys still believe in me…thank you so much,” his voice cracked, causing me to cry more tears. I could see him getting teary eyed as the fans cheered even louder. He bit his lip as he looked around the place and he blew kisses to all of his adoring fans, “…I want you all to remember something for me…can you do that?”

The crowd responded with loud cheers and screamed.

“Its something that I’ve learned recently…If you love someone…don’t let anything…anything…get in the way of it…no matter what,” he stated in his preacher voice,
“and there are always such things second chances…can you remember that for me…I said…can you remember that for me! Thank you guys so much for everything, you guys are amazing!”

With that, he bowed and walked off the stage. I couldn’t help but smile as my heart began to pound, I wanted to yell that I was right in front of him even though I knew he wouldn’t see me. I had to talk to him as soon as possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, I hate the ending. :l So, ugh I need to remember to make a banner.
Love this song! Whoo, I love shopping. btw lol
tell me watcha think ladies :)