Status: Sequel released!

It Was Easier Not Loving You

Damn Hormones

Niki walked around the house picking up toys and things Frankito threw around the house. Tre was at the store probably being mobbed by girls, but he's supposed to be picking up groceries. She finishes vacuuming when the phone rings.

"Hello?" she asks.

"Hey, Niki, it's Mike."

"Hey, man, what's up?"

"Nothing really, but I wanted to talk to you. Think you could come over?"

"Sure, I'll be there soon."

"Alright, bye."

"Bye."

Niki put up the vacuum, wrote Tre a note, and drove over to Mike's. She pulled into the driveway parking next to his car. She got out and knocked on the door. He answered with a fake smile.

"Hey, glad you could make it," He said.

"No problem," she replied.

"Please, come in."

She stepped in and he lead her to the living room.

"So, what it is you were wanting to talk to me about?"

Mike took a deep breath and sighed. "Please, sit."

They sat down and he held onto his knees.

"I know you're probably still upset with me about what happened, bu-" She cut him off.

"Upset? That happened like, 6 months ago. Really, it's fine. I'm over it now. I know we were both at fault. Don't worry about it."

Mike gave a sigh of relief and smiled. "That's great. We've been touring so much here lately that we never go the chance to sit down and talk so I didn't know."

"Nah," she said, "it's all good."

"Awesome, but there's something else." He paused. "I-I don't really know how to put this, but I just wanted you to know something. Niki, I really like you and that is probably what made me do what I did that night. Aside from being drunk. I know you like Tre, but I just couldn't keep it in any longer."

He rubbed the back of his neck and she looked at her knees. Her face slowly turned red. She never imagined he liked her back.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, I just didn't expect that."

"I just had to get it out. I'm sorry."

"No, it's fine. I just need to soak it in."

Mike wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close to his chest. It had been so long since he had hugged her that she forgot how muscular he was and how her cheeks fit perfectly in his sternum. She exhaled and closed her eyes, then hugged him back.

Niki opened the front door, took off her shoes, and closed the door. She walked into the living room, sat down on the couch, and turned on the TV hoping it would take her mind off the situation, then Tre walked out of the bathroom.

"I thought I heard you come in. How's everything?"

"Good."

Tre sat down next to her.

"He wanted to make sure we were still cool after that little incident."

"And?"

"It's good, of course. I couldn't stay mad at him forever," she smiled.

"Good."

He put his arm around her shoulders and held her close. She felt butterflies begin to crawl around in her stomach. She couldn't figure out why. It's not like this was the first time they sat close like this.

'Ugh, it was a lot easier knowing just Tre liked me, now there's Mike and Joey,' she thought. 'What am I going to do? I don't want to hurt either of them, but I don't cheat in my relationships either.'

Tre laid his head over on the top of hers and took a deep breath. She felt him get heavier as the time passed, then he began to snore. She knew he would wake up if she moved and left so she slowly turned on her back so he was laying on her chest when she laid down. She shifted to get comfy and slept there with Tre close to her heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh, Mike confesses he loves Niki. Can she cope with it and loving Tre? Stick around.
=)