Anise

naoi.

Morning came to quickly and Camaron groaned when Drustan came to her room to wake her. “Wake Lass, tis dawn.”

Camaron glanced out the window and groaned when she saw the first rays of sun peaking over the horizon. “Can I sleep a little more?”

“Nay,” When he looked over to see her truck he shook his head. “Only one dress lass, we donnae have the room because we are only takin' Stomper.”

“Why?”

“Because tis safer to only have one horse, we have to go on a merchant ship to get off of Mull and to Fraser land.”

“But--”

“No buts lass. I'll help you dress and ye'll have to bundle up yer extra dress.”

Dressing was quick with Drustan barking orders at her to hurry, as she opened her trunk and pulled out a dress. “I am going to be all smelly and nasty if I have only two dresses to wear. How long is this supposed to take?” She quickly stepped into the dress, keeping her back to him so that she wouldn't give him a view before stepping back so that he could lace it.

“A day and a half to get to Fraser land if we do not dally, maybe days to find a witch.” He told her as he tried to usher her out of the room.

“Can I bring the clothes I came in?” She asked.

“What?”

“The clothes I came in this time in. I'd like to wear them if I'm going to be riding on a horse for an extended period of time. It hurts my thighs to have them rubbing against the horse and the saddle all the time and jeans will feel much better.”

“Aye, lass. Bring them if it will get you out the door faster,” his tone was pleading as she grabbed the jeans, tee shirt, and bra from the bottom of the trunk where she had stuffed them before quickly bundling her clothes together in a small blanket.

“Okay. I'm ready.” She said with a smile as Drustan ushered her from the castle and to where Stomper was saddled and all ready to go. “He doesn't seem really happy.”

“He has been saddled for almost an hour lass, you would not be happy either.” He told her as he stuffed her bundle into his saddle bag before motioning for her to mount the horse. Camaron did it with little effort as Drustan mounted behind her, grabbing the reins.

“So where are we going?”

“South of Aberdeen.” He told her as he urged the horse forward and they began their expedition.

x – x – x – x – x

“Jesus,” Camaron moaned as she slumped over the front of the horse, “This is sooo boring.”

“Quiet, lass.” Drustan told her for the thousandth time since they had gotten off the ship.

“I'm hungry Drustan,” Camaron whined. He sighed and reached into his saddlebag, pulling out a small loaf of hard bread and handing it to her. She took off a chunk before handing it to him, and eating it.

Not long after she finished she said, “Drustan I'm chaffing.”

“What?”

“My thighs. I've been on the horse to long, let me down to change.” This time he growled, obviously annoyed by her constant complaining.

He stopped the horse and allowed her to get down and reach into the pack, she pulled out her 21st century clothes before looking around. “So where do I change?”

“Right there, lass.” He told her smugly, pleased that he'd at least get a little show for his efforts to keep her pleased.

Camaron glared, “Hell no.”

Smirking, Drustan said, “Then get back on the horse, lass. I will nae waste daylight arguing with ye.”

Deciding that there wasn't much he could see if she turned around with her back to him, he'd already seen that part of her so there wasn't anything else that could possibly embarrass her. Unless someone came and saw her changing in the middle of nowhere.

“Fine but make sure no one sees me. If someone is coming tell me so I can hide.”

“Hide where?” He asked, “Behind my horse?”

Giving him a dirty look before turning away from him. She began unlacing the front of her dress and slipping it slowly off of her. She stepped into her jeans and buttoned them before putting her bra on and adjusting her boobs. Turning around to Drustan now that she was partially covered she began to pull on her shirt.

“What is that?” Drustan asked, eying her bra.

“A modern form of a corset. It's not as painful and doesn't usually cause women to pass out because of lack of oxygen and fall into the ocean.” She stated, absentmindedly referring to Pirates of the Caribbean. She picked up the dress and bundled it up before stuffing it into the pack and mounting the horse again. “Alright, lets get going again.”

They traveled for several more hours, until the sun was just disappearing behind the horizon. “We camp here tonight.”

“Out in the middle of no where?” Camaron asked in horror.

“Aye.”

“Why don't we just keep going? It'll be better, we'll be there by morning and we can get what we want done, sleep and then leave again.”

“Nay lass, tis dangerous to travel by night.”

“And its not dangerous to sleep out in the open in the middle of no where?” She asked as she stayed on the horse and he got off.

Drustan sighed, “Aye lass. I am tired and cannae be aware enough to defend us. I sleep softly so if we are approached I will know that we need defending. Now please get off the horse lass and help me start a fire.”

Camaron was reluctant as she got off the horse, “What should I get?” She asked looking around the landscape. There were some trees but it was mostly flat land covered by lots of grass.

“Find me as many branches as ye can. It gonnae get cold and I dinnae wish to be freezing.”

She complied and found as many branches as she could. There weren't many but according to Drustan they would keep them warm enough through the night..

“I don't have a blanket.” She told Drustan after he lite the fire and was pulling out food for them to eat.

He handed her the loaf of bread again and she took a large chunk off of it before handing it back. “Ya know lass, if ya get cold ya could always sleep next ta me.”

“Hell will freeze over first,” she spat before nibbling on her bread. Once it was gone she got up and went through the packs, she found one of Drustan's plaids and decided that it would do.

Unfolding it she wrapped it around herself, she looked at Drustan curiously before he asked, “What'cha doin' lass?”

“Keeping warm.”

He frowned and looked her over, “Ya look good in my plaid.”

Blushing, Camaron mumbled a thanks under her breath before sitting in front of the fire. She stared at the flames, entranced by their movement and the warmth of it against her face. She was so caught up in watching the flames she didn't realize that Drustan was watching her, and she didn't realize that she was drifting off to sleep.

“Come here, lass.” She looked over at him to where he was patting his thigh. “Yer tired and ye need sleep.”

She didn't argue with him as she crawled over to him and laid down on the ground, her head in his lap and his plaid wrapped around her body. “Good night, Drustan.” His good night to her was the last thing she heard as she drifted off to sleep.