Status: This story was posted on quizilla by me, if you have ever seen it.

The Ties That Bind

You and me

I was pissed beyond belief at my brother. He had no right to say what he said especially since it was none of his business who I was with. I grunted and sat on the stair case Paul slowly following me out.

"We should start walking back to the bus. Sound check starts soon." He took my hand and we walked down the hall together.

There was no point in hiding it now my brother knew. I pushed myself closer to him and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"I forgot to give you your pill this morning." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a little white pill and I took it.

"You guys aren't kidding about the monitoring thing."

"I want to be extra sure you wouldn't pull that again."

I frowned.

"If it would have gone through as I planned. How would you have reacted?"

He was quiet and started to roll his thumb around.

"I would never have gotten over it. Never gotten to tell you how I really felt about you." He sighed "I would have been lost with out a doubt in my mind."

"I'm sorry"

"I know you are. Let's just work past this. I have a show to perform tonight."

"I can't wait to watch it has been a while since I had seen you guys on stage."

I smiled up at him.

"Yea I know. Martin's garage a few years back. I was 17."

"I remember the day I met you."

"Yea your dad was there watching too. He always said he couldn't wait to see us make it."

"To bad he didn't get to physically see it."

"Yea..." He took a deep breath "You both took the news hard."

"It wasn't cureable. We knew it was going to happen."

"It doesn't make it any easier. It's still hard to get over it and to deal with it. Bryan was in a deep depression for months on end. It was really scary."

"I know. He wasn't talking to me either. He was much closer to my dad then I was. He always favored Bryan."

"Now you know that's not true. He loved both of you a lot. He always told me he did. He said the only thing he really truly wanted for you was someone to treat you right. That would help him move on. He told me to watch out for you aswell as Bryan and the others."

"Lion--"

"I meant to ask you what that meant. What that code name was meant for."

"It was something my dad said when I was little. He took me to the zoo and I was scared of the lion exhibit. He told me how someday he wanted me to end up with a "lion". It was metaphoricaly speaking."

I sighed.

"You were always the one...even he knew it."