Status: This story was posted on quizilla by me, if you have ever seen it.

The Ties That Bind

Changes I can't stand

I open my eyes and scanned the room. My living room seemed a bit more home like now then it ever has been. I guess touring around the world does that to you after a while. I couldn't wait to finally let every one OFFICALLY know that Paul and I are together.

I gave the room a once over and noticed something strange. It erked me. The picture of my Mom and Dad on their wedding day wasn't mounted on the wall. In fact all of the pictures were primarly only just me and Bryan.

I got up off of my seat and walked into the kitchen where Bryan was seated by the counter.

"Did you notice the picture of Dad and Mom on their wedding day isn't over the fire place anymore?"

He looked up and nodded.

"It's been like that since we came back to pick you up."

"What? No it hasn't. That picture has been there until I left."

"Kid you really were zoned out. It wasn't there when I came back so let's just move past it. It's only a picture I'm sure it just needed dusting or something."

Bryan seemed a bit nervous and shifted in his seat.

"Just calm down about it. It's no big deal."

"You aren't telling me something."

"There is nothing to tell. I have to go call Marie. I have a date with her tonight."

"Oh that's cool." I looked down at my feet and tried to not let his words bother me.

"Yeah Martin has agreed to babysit Candice for her."

"Wow Martin and babysitting. I never thought those to words could fit together."

"I know but he offered and we are accepting."

"Good. I'm happy for you."

"You know" He started "You should really sit down and talk with Mom and tell her about Paul. Tonight is the night to do it."

I nodded my head and started going up the stairs and into the bathroom. I slipped my clothes off fast and turned on the hot water, letting my whole body relax. The main thing on my mind at this point was Paul.

I felt more comfortable around him now more than ever. I needed everyone else to know so that I can hold his hand in public with out worrying if someone else can catch us. It's too time consuming to have to look over your shoulder.

I slipped out and wrapped the towel around me. At this point Bryan was already on his date with Marie. I slipped on some warm pjs and was about to slip into bed when my Mom called me.

"Lesely sweetie can you come down here for a minute."

I got up and sighed when she and I came face to face.

"What's up?"

"We need to talk about something. Come sit down." She patted the seat next to her on the sofa.

I plopped down with a loud thud.

"Sweetie there is someone I want you to meet..."

"You're....You aren't dating anyone mom are you?"

I wanted her to deny it. I wanted her to tell me I was wrong and that it was only a friend.

"Yes Lesely....I have for a while."

My heart fell fast into the pit of my stomach and started twisting into a huge knot.

"I want you to meet him. Please Les."

"Don't call me that." I gritted my teeth. "You have NO right to call me that."

"Please don't do this. Please just get to know him."

"You're a liar! You lied about everything. You told me you would never be with any other man. You lied to me!"

Tears rolled down my face and my voice started to crack.

"Sweetie...that was a long time ago. I said all of that because I believed at that point in time I didn't need anybody. I do now and...well he proposed."

I shook my head and bit down on my lower lip, attempting to strain my weeping.

"No No no no."

"Lesley please don't react like this."

"And Bryan knew. When I asked him about your wedding photo I knew there was something."

"Please I'm begging you Lesely be happy for me. I know I would be happy for you."

I wanted to lash out at her and I did it in the best way I knew how.

"Well I don't have to go off and marry a fuck buddy yet."

"Lesely Anne Donahue watch your language!" She seemed about ready to cry.

I did something that the old me would never do.

I got up and I looked her right in the eye, my body centimeters from hers.

"All you want to do is replace him so I'm going to let you do that. You just won't have me for a daughter."

The old Lesely was weak and let others control. Now the new Lesely....well she wasn't letting anyone take control over her.

"Lesley--"

"I'm going out." I grabbed my coat and slipped it over my pjs.

"Where are you going in your pjs?" She whispered.

"To Paul's apartment."

"Why are you going to Paul's? You should stay here it's dark out."

"I can only go to sleep for a full 8 hours when I sleep with him."

"And why are you two sleeping together?" My Mom's voice rose a decible.

"Why don't you ask Bryan to tell you? You two seem to be really good at keeping things from me, so tell him I give you permission to know everything. I couldn't give a flying fuck about you now. He can tell you whatever the hell he wants. I'm going to see Paul, my boyfriend."

I stormed out of the house wrapping my jacket saftely around me. I started to shiver as I started walking towards his apartment. It was dark out which made it even more scary. While pulling out my phone to call Paul I felt arms wrap around me and a hand yank my phone away.

He pressed himself against me and tried to keep me pressed against his chest.

"I love you Les."

"Don't you dare call me that!"

I struggled more to try and break free. His smell filled my lungs and I felt sick to my stomach. I knew it was Mark. Within minutes my world was about to go crashing down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment. :D thanks to all my subs.