‹ Prequel: Booze, Boys, and Buses
Status: Active

Mommy, Maid, and Mrs. Sanders

Chapter Eleven

* Matt *

Tracie had begun to cry. I had the involuntary urge to comfort her. It wasn’t like I really wanted to, but that’s how I always felt when a woman cried.

“It’s gonna be okay.” I said to her, hoping that would be good enough.

“Oh Matt.” She came over and put her head on my chest.

“Oh no!” Kacie gripped Tracie firmly by her blonde hair.

“Ahhh!” Tracie shouted.

Kacie ripped Tracie away from me and threw her into the dirt. “You’re fucking fired! No one, and I mean, no one fucks over my friends!”

“You bitch!” Tracie stood and slapped Kacie across the face hard.

“Alright calm down guys!” I tried to stop them.

“Matt! Go fuck yourself!” Kacie screamed at me.

She clenched her fist tight and hit Tracie directly in the cheek. Tracie hit the ground with a thud. She wasn’t getting up any time soon. Kacie turned and looked at me. She was panting heavily.

“Matthew Sanders.” She huffed and puffed. She was so mad at me. “If you don’t leave, in the next ten seconds, I will kick your ass harder than I kicked hers. I’m giving you a courtesy period because I like you. One...” She began to count.

I didn’t need any more invitation after what I had just seen. She got to “two,” and I’d made it to one of the other rental cars. I wasn’t sure where Cass had gone, but I was willing to go to the ends of the earth to find her.

* Kacie *

I looked at Tracie’s lifeless body on the ground and felt accomplished. I knew now how Cassie must’ve felt every time she got the chance to take Val out. She protected her man and boy didn’t that feel good.

“Did you just scare Matt away?” Zacky asked, coming over to me.

“She sure did!” Michelle said with a huge grin on her face.

“Nice! And you did this?” Zacky asked me, looking at Tracie.

“Mhm.” I was so proud of myself.

Zack kissed the top of my head and rubbed my back. “I think we can all agree it was self defense.”

* Cassandra *

It took me a while, but I made it to a decent hotel in Salt Lake City. I didn’t want to go all the way home tonight, but I most certainly would be heading there in the morning. My phone had been buzzing the whole way to the hotel. I seriously hoped Matt was feeling guilty. If he wasn’t after this, oh boy, I was going to be so mad at him. The word divorce ran across my mind and made my heart fall. I didn’t want to resort to that, but sometimes it had to come to that. If Tracie really was more important to him than someone he’s been married to for ten years, then she could have him. That would put him in the scumbag list in my book. My phone rang again, I checked it and it was Kacie this time. I answered the phone.

“Hey.” I murmured.

“Hey Cassie, I took care of Tracie.” She sounded ecstatic.

“Really?” Nothing could wipe the smile on my face at that moment. “Where’s Matt?”

“I don’t know, he got in his car and drove off. Where are you?” She asked me.

“I’m at the Sheraton in the city. It’s only like thirty minutes from the gig, but still. I just needed to get away.” I sighed and took my shoes off.

“Oh. Well, I’ll let you get some rest hon.” She said.

“Alright. Goodnight.”

“Night.”

I shut my phone and lay it down on the bed. The hotel was really nice. I loved how clean it was. Before I had been with Matt I’d had the liberty of staying in some pretty nasty hotels and motels. Before long I was curled up under the covers, falling deep into sleep.

In the morning, the sun was bright through the curtains. I blinked, trying not to hurt my eyes. I rolled over.

“Ahh!” I yelped, falling out of bed.

Too my right, Matt was in bed with me. How did he get in? Why was he here in the first place? He was staring at me and laughing.

“It’s not funny!” I grumbled.

“Sure it is.”

“No Matt, I’m so mad at you right now.” I left the living area and headed into the bathroom.

I must’ve forgotten to lock the door last night. But how did he know where I was? Kacie. Kacie must have told him. I was going to have to wring her neck when I saw her again.

“Cassie come on! Don’t play childish games with me!” He yelled in to me.

I sat down on the cold toilet. “Matt! You have no room to talk about childish games! You were playing junior high ‘I like you, you like me’ with fucking Tracie!”

“Cassie, you know I didn’t want to hurt you, I just didn’t think it was nice to gang up on her. That’s just a personal thing of mine. I don’t think it’s fair when anyone gets ganged up on.” He was quiet now.

I knew he was being honest, but still. He hadn’t needed to defend her, not after he had just apologized to me.

“Cassandra I love you with all my heart. I wouldn’t intentionally hurt you. Just stop please, and forgive me.”

I sighed and thought to myself. He hadn’t really done anything wrong I guess. He really didn’t like to watch people be ganged up on. Even when he wasn’t with Val anymore he was upset with me for kicking the shit out of her. He was my husband, and he did love me.

“Fine Matt!” I opened the door and rested my head on his chest.

He wrapped his strong arms around me. “I love you Cass.”

“I love you too Matt.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's very very very short, but it's all I had to write. Next chapter will be longer! Promise!