The Umbrella Academy

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

Mikey’s POV

I ran out the door to Frank and Bob’s room.

I still couldn’t believe that Frank and Ray had been keeping this secret for ages! We were like…best friends and stuff but they still didn’t tell us about it!

The door to their room was closed and an eerie silence told me that something wasn’t right.

I immediately opened the door to find Bob and Kehli tied on the floor and they were unconscious.

The window was broken and the glass was shattered onto the floor.

I looked around for Sarah but she was nowhere to be seen until I heard someone’s muffled scream from the closet.

I ran over to the closet and opened it to find Sarah sitting on the floor, gagged and tied up. Bruises were everywhere and I quickly took the gag off of her mouth and untied her.

I hugged her tightly as she cried in my arms.

“What happened?” I asked softly as I stroked her hair.

“They took away Frank and Ray…they are holding them hostage…” she sobbed.

“Who are they?” I said, holding her hand in mine, tightly.

“The Vampire Angels. They are tracking down the El Guradians and holding them hostage from our school. The teachers are panicking and they are doing their best to try and stop this from happening but…it’s happened, Mikey…it’s happened.”

“It’s alright…it’s gonna be alright Sarah.” I said.

This is not good. It’s not alright Mikey.

“I know it’s not alright, Mikey. I know…” Sarah said softly.

I looked at her and felt tears streaming down from my eyes.

She hugged me closer to her and patted my back.

“I feel so miserable Sarah, I don’t know why this had to happen to us. We need to get Ray and Frank back. Now.” I sobbed in her arms.

“I know how you feel Mikey, but it’s not that easy since we’re not allowed to leave the school.”

“I don’t fucking care about the school rules. I need my friends back.”

“Mikey…”

Sarah’s POV

I stroked his hair as he tried to calm myself down, but suddenly, something came into his mind and he stood up.

“Mikey?”

“If Ray and Frank were taken…why hasn’t Silvia and Bella been taken yet? Oh no…no no…” he muttered and looked at me.

I think they’re coming to get them too.

I nodded my head in response and I quickly got up and ran after Mikey who had ran out the door already, heading to Silvia and Bella’s room.

Suddenly, there was a big crash and I heard Gerard yelling in the room.

Mikey quickly opened the door and saw Bella fighting back at the vampire angels.

Silvia was nowhere to be seen and Gerard was on the floor.

Mikey ran over to where Gerard was and I ran over to Bella’s place.

“Sarah! What are you doing!” Mikey cried but I looked at Bella who seemed to know that I had something and backed up a bit.

I put my hands together and said,

“Tierra, Viento, Fuego y Agua. La oscuridad me ayuda. Matar estos ángeles del vampiro y enviarlos al infierno.” I chanted.

The vampire angels began to choke on something and they withered to the floor as the sunlight from my hands shined on them.

Mikey and Gerard stared at me after the vampire angels had disappeared.

“You have special powers?” Mikey asked, I saw him holding his chest as if it hurt.

“What happened to your chest?”

“Nothing…nothing Sarah.” He replied, “So, you have powers?”

“Yes, I do.” I looked at Bella who smiled a little.

“Thank you for saving me…” she whispered and I nodded my head.

“Where is Silvia?” Gerard asked, trying to get up from the floor.

“Silvia? Where are you?” I said but no answer.

Suddenly, Bella’s pendant began to gleam and someone’s voice came through it.

“Hello? Can someone hear me? Mikey? Gerard? Kehli? Anyone?”

“SILVIA!?” we all yelled and Bella took her pendant off and set it on the table.

“Good, you guys are there.”

“Where are you right now?” I asked as Mikey sat next to me.

“I’m at the headquarters of…the vampire angels.” She said in a small voice.

“But how?”

“Thy took me away, but they didn’t know that I had this little radio thing that I could talk through. Right now, I’m in the same room as Ray and Frank, but they are unconscious.”

“Are you okay there? Are Ray and Frank ok? Are the students ok?” Gerard said quickly.

“Yes Gerard, they are ok. But I’m surprised that a friend of yours is here, Gerard.”

“Who?”

“Billie Joe Armstrong.”

Mikey’s POV

Everyone was silent for a moment. Gerard’s face went pale and my fists began to tighten.

“Billie is locked up too?” I said through gritted teeth.

“Yes… but he has a severe wound on his shoulder and it’s not healing.” She said in a sad tone.

“They wounded him…we don’t know who they might wound next. Tell me Silvia, have any of the students died there because of getting hurt?” Gerard asked, his face still ghostly pale.

There was a silence on the other end of the line, but Silvia spoke again.

“Sadly, yes. There have been a few students who have died because of injury or they were killed in an instance. One of them which was…” but she stopped.

“Which was?” I said, wanting to know who had died.

“One of them which was Matt.”

Gerard clenched his fists and shook his head.

“Matt…died? He died? And he was one of the El Guradians and he never told us?” I said.

“Yes Mikey, but as I said before, we weren’t allowed to tell.”

“Then why do you tell us now about you, Ray, and Frank?” Gerard said in an angry tone.

“Gerard..please..” Sarah said but he shook his head.

“Not until I get a answer why they are telling us now. If they aren’t supposed to tell, then why are they telling us now?”

“Because we trust you guys! We trusted you and we knew that when we told you, you guys would understand…but I guess not.” Silvia said and then, there was silence again.

“I’m…I’m sorry Silvia…it’s just that.. this is too complicating for me and….and…”

“I get how you feel Gerard. Time flew by and here we are.”

The there was another silence.

“Is there any way to save you guys from there?” I asked slowly, trying to make a conversation again.

“Well, if you check in my bag, there’s a transportation machine that is disguised as a watch. If I had that right now, we could all go back together. But right now, it’s too dangerous for you guys to come here.”

“Why?” Gerard asked.

“Because there is too much security here. One step into here and who knows what will happen to you guys.”

“Can’t we just all use that transportation thingy to save you from there now?” Sarah asked.

“No, security is tight and I’m acting like I’m sleeping behind Ray and Frank while the vampire angels are roaming around. Shit, I gotta go. They’re checking the place.”

“Wait Silvia-“ Sarah said but the line went dead and there was only the sound of static coming out of the pendant.

Bella switched the thing off and put it back around hr neck and looked outside in silence.

“Now what do we do?” Sarah sighed heavily.

“I don’t know. If we aren’t allowed to save them now, what else can we do?” Gerard said.

“Um..I just remembered something…” Sarah said, looking at me.

“What is it?”

“Um..we left Bob and Kehli in the other room…”

“Oi! Then we better go get them!” Gerard exclaimed and stood up hurriedly.

A song that Green Day had produced suddenly came into my head.

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone


I stopped in my tracks. Gerard and Sarah looked at me, confused.

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
Till then I walk alone


Gerard came over to me and shook me.

“You ok Mikes?”

“Why does it have to be this way? I want to go home Gerard. I want to go back to where I used to belong. I want to follow my dreams again. I feel like I’m left alone…” I said as I felt my strength leaving me.

I felt myself crumble to the ground as Gerard caught me.

“Mikey, what’s happened to you?” Sarah said as I felt my eyes getting blurry.

“I…don’t…know…” I said as I felt something cold going through me.

Was it..was it the light that had hit me from the vampire angels? Was it?

To Be Continued…