The Umbrella Academy

Please Understand That It Has To Be This Way

Meanwhile…

Gerard’s POV

We rushed over to Frank and Bob’s room and saw that Kehli and Bob were still tied up and unconscious.

Mikey ran over to them and untied them and begin to shake them.

“Guys wake up! We have a serious problem to solve and we gotta get it straight!” Mikey said as he shook Bob.

Bob’s eyes opened and he looked at me and then Mikey.

“Where’s Ray and Frank? And where’s Silvia?”

“They got taken away by the vampire angels. All the El Guradians were taken away by them and they got Billie locked up in there too. He’s wounded and that’s all we know.” I said, looking away from Bob who had a shocked face.

Kehli finally woke up and looked at Mikey.

“Did the vampire angels take them away?”

Mikey nodded his head sadly and Kehli began to cry.

“Oh Kehli, please don’t cry…Frank is safe.” Mikey pleaded as he hugged her.

“Matt got killed by them and he was one of the El Guradians.” Sarah said.

Bella stood by the door.

“Luckily, I wasn’t taken away…but Silvia went on her own will…”

I turned around to look at her.

“What do you mean she went on her own will? That would mean she went with them on purpose!” I growled.

“That’s what I’m saying.” Bella said, not looking at me.

Bob stood up and glared at Bella.

“She wouldn’t go with them on purpose! She’s not that stupid! That makes no sense!”

Bella sighed and said,

“Well, she isn’t stupid, but she went with them on purpose to go save Frank and Ray. She actually told me that she knew that this was going to happen and told me if that did happen, she would go and save the others of the El Guradians.”

I looked at her, shocked, and looked at Mikey who shook his head sadly.

Kehli looked at Mikey from his arms and asked,

“But how did you know that Billie was there? How do you know that they are safe?”

“Bella’s pendant had a radio thingy which connected with Silvia’s pendant and that’s how we were able to know the overall story of what’s going on at the headquarters.” Mikey said as he helped Kehli get up from the floor.

“So Matt died?” Bob asked.

“Yes, Matt died Bob…and we didn’t even see him…” Mikey said quietly.

There was an awkward silence in the room and no one talked.

“Bu…but do you really think they’ll be ok?” asked Sarah who went over to Mikey’s side.

“I have no clue Sarah…but I think he’ll be ok since Silvia’s over there…” Bella said, looking outside.

I looked over at Mikey, whom I noticed, was crying in Sarah’s arms.

“M…Mikey? You ok?” I asked, walking over to them.

“I…I’m…a…fraid…Ge..rard…”

“Of what?”

“Of the vampire angels…I don’t know but I have this bad feeling that…they’re going to try to..take over the school.”

I put my hand on his shoulder and shook my head.

“That will never happen Mikey. It’s going to be alright.”

He was shaking violently I could feel it. I knew that something wasn’t right.

“Mikey? You really alright?” I asked, beginning to worry about my brother’s behavior.

His glasses slid off and fell to the floor and the glasses cracked.

Sarah began to panic.

“Mikey? Mikey?” Sarah said.

He suddenly ripped off something from his arm and threw it at the wall.

The thing fell to the floor with a metal like “clang” and we all looked at it.

“Mikey…what the fucking hell is that?”

“That…that is my charm…sorry Gerard…but...I’m a El Guradians too…and I’ve been keeping it a secret form you guys…” Mikey said as he slowly got up from Sarah’s arms.

I looked at my brother in shock.

“What?! But…they didn’t take you away and…wh..what? I mean…why?” I whispered under my breath as I backed up into the wall.

My brother looked at me with sorrow in his eyes.

“I’m sorry Gerard but when I saw Ray and Frank doing their thing, I thought it’d be cool to-“ but I cut him off there.

I grabbed both collars of his shirt and pushed him against the wall.

“Gerard! No!” I heard Bob say but I couldn’t stop myself.

“Why’d you do it! Why did you act like you never knew about them? Now I’m going to be…going to be…”

I slowly let go of his collar and crumbled to the floor.

“I’m going to be alone…I don’t want them taking you away Mikey. You’re the only person left that is part of my family…and …I don’t want to lose you Mikes like we lost our parents.” I said as I began to cry.

Mikey bent down on his knees and hugged me.

“Gerard…I’m so sorry…I…I should have told you earlier…but…the charm..I threw it over there so for now..I’m fine…I’m so sorry…” he cried in the crook of my neck as I did the same.

Bob’s POV

I saw Mikey and Gerard hugging each other and I smiled.

I looked at Sarah and then at Kehli.

They were also smiling while looking at the brothers.

When they stopped crying and got up from their position, I saw a pair of bright eyes staring through the window.

“AHH!!!” I yelled as I backed up into the wall.

Gerard and the others looked at the figure looking through the window and slowly backed away.

The figure moved and opened the window slowly and came in.

I was relieved when I saw Eliza standing inside the room while she shut the window.

“Omg Eliza! Don’t scare us like that!” Gerard laughed but Kehli and Bella looked at Eliza with narrowed eyes.

Mikey began to whimper and he ran to where Kehli and Bella were and hid behind them, shivering. Sarah stood where she was and glared at Eliza.

What the hell was going on?

Eliza slowly began to look in Gerard’s way and he gasped.

I also gasped when I saw her eyes.

Her eyes were gleaming red and her fangs were lit up by the moonlight.

“Cosa è errato con voi?” Gerard said.

Why Italian??

Eliza answered in a voice I never heard,

“Niente è errato il mio amore…”

Gerard backed up against the wall as she came nearer to her.

She forced him off the wall and brushed his hair out of the way.

Mikey was frozen to the ground and I couldn’t move either for some reason as I watched Eliza pull his head sideways to expose his pale neck and her lips parted as if ready to bite in.

Kehli, Bella, and Sarah seemed to not be able to move like me.

“Now watch as I turn your friend into a vampire angel you fools.”

Suddenly, a girl came in through the window and pulled Eliza away from Gerard who collapsed onto the floor.

I was able to move again and so were the others.

The girl smashed Eliza onto the floor and stood over her until Eliza stopped moving and the blood drained out of her and disappeared.

“That was a close one…it’s a good thing you didn’t get bitten uh..” the girl said.

“Gerard…Gerard Way. And you are?”

“Charlotte, Charry for short.”

She had brown, shoulder length hair and it was longer at the front than at the back. Her eyes were blue and she had loads of freckles and her face was slightly pale.

We all looked at her and looked at Eliza who was dead on the ground.

“W…wh…what did you do to her?” Gerard asked as he knelt down beside Eliza, a tear fell down Gerard’s cheek and onto Eliza’s pale face.

“I…I…I’m sorry…I knew she was your girlfriend but…she was a vampire angel and…”

“Are you one of the El Guradians too?” I asked.

She shook her head.

“Then why’d you kill Eliza?” Gerard asked as he brushed away his tears and then stood up again.

“Because I want revenge on the vampire angels for killing my brother!” she hissed as she took out a blue pendant and pressed it against Eliza’s heart.

The blue pendant began to glow and cover all over Eliza’s body. In a blink of an eye, Eliza’s body was gone and Gerard just stared at Charlotte as she put the pendant back into her pocket.

“You’re …you’re one of the…” Mikey gasped as he walked slowly walked out from behind Kehli and Bella.

Charlotte looked at Mikey and then the pendant that was on the floor.

“You’re one of the El Guradians!” Charlotte gasped as she took a step backwards.

“And you’re one of the people who tried to kill Ray and Frank when they got more experienced in being in the El Guradians!” Mikey shouted and lunged out at Charlotte.

Gerard caught him just in time and held him there until he stopped.

“Why did you attack Ray and Frank?” Gerard asked as Charlotte looked at Mikey with wide eyes.

“I…I…I thought that they were vampire angels because I couldn’t see the pendant and…those days…I had to hunt down the vampire angels because I was in…”

“Because you were in the Los Guardas Del Agua…right?” Bella said, walking over to Charlotte.

“Ye….yes…how did you know?”

“I knew your brother Charry. His name was Brian wasn’t it?”

“Ye…yes…that’s my brother…but how do you know him?” Charlotte said, backing away from Bella with terrified eyes.

Bella sighed and looked at Charlotte.

“Because we were best buddies since kindergarten until he…chose to be in the Los Guardas Del Agua and not the El Guradians and we lost contact after that…”

Charlotte looked at Bella, smiling.

“But it’s a tragedy that you didn’t know that my…brother dies uh…”

“Bella, Bella Muerte.”

Suddenly, Charlotte stopped smiling.

“Bella…Mu..Muerte?” she said as she started to shiver.

“Do you have a problem with my name Charry?”

Charlotte nodded frantically.

“You…you were the one who…who…killed my…”

Suddenly, the door burst open.

“What the hell is going on!” shouted Tre as Mike came into the room with him.

To be continued…