The Umbrella Academy

It Started When She Ran Away

I was walking down the hallway and saw Silvia and Ray talking. They were shaking their heads, but they stopped when they spotted me.

We were in the same summer school so we talked a lot and hanged out. The others were also here. Sort of a coincidence I guess.

Ray just walked away and passed me, not making any eye contact with me.

Silvia also passed me but she said,

“Lilia is still alive.”

I looked at her with a confused look, but she was gone by that time.

After school…

I saw Frank, Ray, and Silvia waiting for the others to come.

I went up to them and they looked at me.

“Can you tell me at least what’s going on?” I asked.

Silvia looked at Ray and Frank with a worried glance.

Frank sighed and said,

“I’ll tell him.”

He ushered me to the side.

“You know that Lilia isn’t really dead right?” Frank said.

“Well, Silvia told me when she passed me.”

Frank nodded.

“Lilia ran away from the prison she was kept in. She killed her own parents and is on the loose right now.”

I looked at him with wide eyes.

“But…I thought the judges said…”

“I know, they said that they killed her, but that’s not the truth.”

“Who did you hear that from?”

Frank looked away but then looked back at me.

“I was eavesdropping. It’s a good thing I didn’t get caught or else I would be dead.” He said in a low voice, “You promise not to tell anyone?”

I nodded my head as his eyes pierced mine.

“So..she’s on the loose? Even now?”

Frank nodded his head.

“We’re hoping she won’t do anything else, but that’s unlikely. That’s what Silvy said.”

“She knows the most about her so I bet she’s saying the truth.” I said.

I really hoped that Lilia didn’t do anything. We all knew what she did and that was the most heartbreaking thing she could ever do to us.

“Well, are you guys done? Seems that the other guys went home already so we better get going.” Ray said.

“We’re done. C’mon Mike, we’ll talk a little bit more about this at my house. You guys coming?” He said as he looked at Ray and Silvia.

“Sure.” They said in unison.

As we walked to Frank’s house, I felt a cold wind pass behind me. I guess Ray felt it cause he stopped and looked behind.

“What the hell was that?” Ray said.

“What?” Frank and Silvia said as they looked at Ray weirdly.

“Is it just me or did I feel a cold wind pass by behind me?” Ray said.

“It’s not only you. I also felt it.” I said. I was getting goose bumps already.

What the hell was that?

Suddenly, Silvia and Frank looked at each other. I guess they also felt the wind too.

“I felt it alright. But that wasn’t just any wind though…” Frank said as he looked at Ray with wide eyes.

Silvia looked across the road and her eyes stared at something on the other side.

“Uh…guys…” she said.

Ray and Frank looked at the other side of the road and their eyes went wide.

On the other side of the road, a girl was standing there with blood coming out of her mouth.

“What the…” Frank said, before he could say anymore, the girl was standing right in front of them, grinning.

“Lilia…you…I..” Silvia gasped as she took a step back.

Ray grabbed Silvia’s arm and pulled her back away from the girl.

I stood there as Lilia spoke,

“Hello Silvia…hello guys. Such a coincidence to meet you here…NOT!” she screamed and she put her hands together and started to chant in this language we didn’t understand.

“Well, goodbye my friends. Thanks for being so kind to me!” she cackled as she aimed whatever was in her hand towards Frank, Ray, and Silvia.

Ray pushed Silvia aside, but it was too late for them to be saved.

Ray tried to push Frank to the side, but suddenly, a figure jumped out in front of them and the thing that Lilia had aimed hit that person.

“BELLA!” Silvia screamed out as she got up from her place and ran over to where Bella was.

Ray and Frank were looking at where Bella was lying and then looked at Lilia who was laughing evilly.

“Lilia…why…why did you become a vampire angel? Why?” Silvia cried out as she attacked Lilia.

Lilia just smirked and disappeared to somewhere.

After she had disappeared, the sky began to darken and suddenly, in the place where Lilia was, the other members of the El Guradians appeared with confused looks.

“What are you all doing here?” Ray asked.

“What are we doing here is what we want to ask you!” Brian said.

We heard a cackle from somewhere and heard Lilia say,

“You all will fall under my orders some day!”

And then, there was a flash of lightning, and everyone who was there was gone, except us who were there in the first place.

“What the hell was that? And what did Lilia mean by that?” Frank asked as he kneeled by Bella who was still unconscious.

“I don’t know…but something bad is going to happen in the near future. I just know.” Silvia muttered as I helped Ray carry Bella to Frank’s house.


“So, that’s how Bella got her curse?” Bob said.

“Yep, that’s how she got her curse. See? That wasn’t really unbelievable.” I said, looking at Kehli.

“But I really didn’t know what happened that time, I wasn’t there plus Silvia didn’t really tell me the part after that.” Kehli replied.

“Well, Bella knew.” I said as I glared at Bella once again.

Bella just shrugged her shoulders and looked away from me.

“Guys…please don’t start a fight. We just ended one, don’t start a new one.” Gerard said.

“Plus, we have to work together as a group or else we can’t get the others back safely!” Mikey added.

Tre sighed as he put a hand on my shoulder.

“What don’t you like about her?” he said as he looked at Bella.

“I don’t like her because…because she killed my parents! She killed your parents too!” I growled.

“I know…” Tre said, not letting go of his hand from my shoulder.

“Then why don’t you hate her? We’re part of the Los Guardas Del Agua and she’s not. We’re supposed to hate them!” I said, but then, I covered my mouth.

Tre glared at me.

“What did you just say?” he hissed, as his grip on my shoulder got tighter.

“Ow…OW! I’m sorry…I’m so sorry Tre! I know I shouldn’t have said that, I’m really sorry! I really care about Billie though! And the others too!! Really!” I said as the pain began to sear through me.

Tre let go of me but I knew that he was still mad.

“I…I think I gotta go back to my room and cool down. There’s too much stuff going on around me a once and I guess the bloods gone up to my head. Sorry Mike…sorry…” he said as he began to walk out of the room.

Bob put his hand on Tre’s shoulder and said,

“If you need anything, we’ll be in here. Okay?”

Tre just nodded his head as he just left the room without saying anything else.

We all looked at each other and I noticed that all of us, including Bella, had sorrowful looks.

This wasn’t supposed to happen.

This wasn’t the way our lives were supposed to be.

It started when she ran away…