The Umbrella Academy

Well After All, We'll Lie Another Day

Ray’s POV

I woke up and looked around. All I could see was grey walls and metal bars around me.

Where the hell am I?

I tried to get up but I felt a weight on top of me. I looked to see Frank lying on my stomach and using it as a pillow. I tried to shake him awake but he only grunted and didn’t move.

I sighed and lay back to the position I was in a minute ago.

When I was just going back to sleep, I heard someone say,

“Ray? You awake?”

I opened my eyes again and saw Silvia sitting next to me.

“Uh…yeah.” I said and tried to get up again.

This time, Frank rolled off my stomach and went back to his sleeping posture.

“Wh…where are we?” I asked as Silvia looked at the other side.

“We’re at the HQ of the vampire angels. You were taken away by them, right? So was I. Bella wasn’t taken away and…Billie was also taken away.”

“Huh? What? Oh yeah…he’s one too right?” I said, remembering what Billie had told me when he first told us that.

“Well…luckily, Mikey wasn’t taken away.” Silvia muttered.

I looked at her, shocked.

“What did you just say?” I gasped, praying that I didn’t hear her right. Did she just say Mikey was one too? But that’s impossible! He would have told us then…he would have also told me too!

“I said…luckily Mikey wasn’t taken away by them.” She said again, more clearer.

So..I had heard her right.

“But…why…how…I thought he…I mean he was acting as if he didn’t know about it!” I said, upset.

“I know. I didn’t know until I noticed he was also wearing the bracelet. At first I thought I was just seeing things, but the second time I saw it when I accidentally bumped into him, I knew for sure he was one of us.” She explained.

I sighed.

“Even Mikey…how many people are going to keep their secrets!” I said and shook my head.

Silvia shrugged her shoulders.

“Well, we’re one of them, so we’re not allowed to say that you know.” Silvia said as she stood up.

“Where you going?” I asked as I got up also.

“Gonna go check on Billie. He sorta…went against the vampire angels and he got his shoulder injured. Luckily he’s ok for now, but we gotta get out of here and get the right treatment for him or else…you know what happens.” She said and I nodded my head.

Lead to death, I thought in my head as I followed her to where Billie was.

When we came to where he was, I covered my mouth.

Billie’s whole shoulder was wrapped with the bandage, which was already covered in red stains all over the place. He was sleeping peacefully though so that was a good sigh.

Silvia sighed.

“He’s losing blood by the minute and I’m so.. worried about him.” She said as she looked at Billie, smiling just a bit.

“You guys were going out right?” I said as I looked at her, smirking.

“Tha…That was a long time ago Ray! Right now I’m with Bob!” she said, but she was blushing.

I just laughed.

"Aww...you still like him?"

Silvia shook her head.

"No, as a friend yes though. But my heart belongs to Bob. It's a good thing you told me to not tell them about this stuff...remember? On the stairs?"

"Yeah..."

"Anyways..."

"Hm?"

“Well…when I was going out with Billie I called you Toro, Ray, and never by your real name to just annoy you. And remember the time when you messed up on your presentation and I was in the front row? I tried so hard to stifle my laughter! I mean, your face was priceless!” she laughed.

I looked at her, remembering that time when we were just leading normal lives and nothing was wrong with us being in the El Guradians and nobody knew about it except us.

I laughed.

“Yep, those were the good times.” I said, as I sat down next to Silvia.

Silvia just shrugged her shoulders.

Suddenly, we heard Frank’s voice.

“Where the hell am I?”

I quickly went over to Frank before he panicked.

“It’s ok..it’s ok Frank. Me, Silvia, and Billie are here.” I said as I calmed down Frank.

“B..but…where are we?” he said. I could feel him trembling.

I told him where we were and his eyes went wide.

Silvia came over with Billie. I guess he woke up.

“I guess you guys woke up.” Billie said as he winced a bit as Silvia helped him sit.

“Billie…what happened to your shoulder?” Frank asked as he looked at Billie with a concerned look.

“I sort of fought against the vampire angels and uh..yeah.” Billie said as he winced again.

Frank looked at him with wide eyes.

“Damn vampire angels. They just took us away from the Umbrella Academy and here we are…stuck.” I mumbled as I looked around at the other members of El Guradians.

They were all fast asleep and the only light source came from the light bulb which was hanging from the ceiling, dust covered all over it.

“We aren’t…stuck you know…” Silvia said.

“What do you mean?” I asked, looking at her with a confused look.

“Well..we’ve still got the transmitter that is connected with Bella’s pendant and another thing…I..I sorta…um..” Silvia began but she stopped.

“What is it?” Frank asked.

“Remember Christmas day when I was sitting on Bob’s lap? That day, I whispered to him that I had something to give him other than the drawings. It was a small box, which could transport you to anywhere. You just have to say where you want to go and push the button and there you are. It can take as many as 10 people. And uh…if that incident didn’t happen, I was actually gonna give it to him that night…but now it’s this.” Silvia sighed.

“Well…can’t we ask Bella to tell Bob that? Anyway, where is it?” Frank asked.

Silvia shook her head.

“Why not?” I asked.

“Are you guys crazy? Even if they get their hands on try to help us, it might endanger the other guys and you know that right?” Billie said in an angry tone.

Frank and I closed our mouths shut. When Billie talked like that, we knew we couldn’t go against him.

“Billie…calm down…you’re scaring them.” Silvia whispered and he sighed.

“I guess I just got hot in the head. I mean, I bet Tre and Mike are angry at me now and will hate me forever for not telling them that I’m an El Guradian.” Billie said sadly.

“They’ll forgive you Billie. I know them and you know them too. They might be disappointed but after what has happened? I don’t think so.” Frank said and waited for an answer.

Billie nodded his head.

“I guess you’re right. I should think more on the positive side huh?” Billie smiled weakly at Frank.

Frank smiled and so did I.

“I wonder what the others are doing right now?” Billie sighed.

“Probably trying to hatch a plan to save us I guess.” Silvia said as she began to play with my hair a bit.

“So, you’re really not going to tell them about that teleporting thing?” I asked.

Silvia nodded her head.

“I really don’t want to risk them getting caught nor losing them. Especially the guys who weren’t caught. I don’t know what will happen to them.” Silvia said as she frowned and looked at the ground.

“Sorry for asking that. I should have know.” I said and Silvia smiled.

“Not your fault you’re always curious Ray.” Silvia snickered.

“Hey!” I exclaimed, but the others began to laugh and I had to laugh too.

At least, the place enlightened a bit.

Well after all, we'll lie another day

“Well, gotta get some sleep I guess.” Billie said and he laid down with Frank’s help.

And through it all, we'll find some other way

“Hope we can get out of here as soon as possible.” Frank muttered under his breath and also laid down.

To carry on through cartilage and fluid

“Ray, you better get to sleep too.” Silvia said to me as she laid down next to Frank.

And did you come to stare, or wash away the blood?

I looked at Billie’s shoulder once more and then laid down between Frank and Silvia.

Well tonight, well tonight, will it ever come?

My eyes gradually began to close and it put me into a deep sleep.

Spend the rest of your days, rocking out just for the dead

All fall down, well after all...