The Umbrella Academy

We Are Young And We Don't Care

Gerard's POV

“Huh? Uh…yeah.” Ray said, looking at the girl sitting behind us.

She was dressed all in pink and baby blue. She had these flirty eyes and she looked like one of those preps at our school, only a bit more…over done.

“Omg. He is my bff! You guys must be his new band mates in a band called My Chemical Romance?” she asked, playing with her hair.

“Oh…ok. Nice to meet you.” Ray said and turned to face Silvia who blinked slowly as the chime begin to ring again.

“LUNCH!” I exclaimed getting weird looks from the other kids, especially that guy named Brian.

“Well, my name is Abby Princeton. You know, the one in your class Gerard.” She said looking at me dreamily while batting her eyelashes.

Ugh...get the hell away from me! I thought.

She put her hand out to shake mine but Silvia took her hand and shook it.

“Nice to meet ya Abby. Well, seeya!” she said and grinned at us and ran out the door before Abby could say anything.

Ray and I ran after her.

We slowed down and grinned at each other as we caught our breath.

“Meh, you’re sometimes really smart in those kinds of situations Silvy.” Ray teased getting a whack to the head.

“Hey, what the hell was that for?” He asked but when he looked up, Silvia and I were already cracking up and he began to laugh along with us.

Suddenly, a guy about my age pushed Silvia to the side. She lost her balance and was going to hit the wall when someone caught her just in time.

Her eyes were closed but she slowly opened them.

“Thank you very…much…” she said but she stared at the guy who had saved her.

“You ok?” He asked, looking right into her eyes.

“Hey Bob!” I said cheerfully as Bob helped Silvia get back on her feet.

“Hey, how’s the first day of school?”

“Fine.” Ray grumbled, getting a laugh from Bob.

“Doesn’t sound like it. Who is she?” he asked, looking over at Silvia.

“Her name is Silvia Yamaguchi. Silvy for short. She's my friend from our old school. I was her lab partner and Mikey and Frank were in the same History Class as her. Billie was her...well close friend and Quinn is her best friend.” Ray explained and Bob nodded his head, looking at Silvia.

“Hey…” she said, shaking Bob’s hand.

“You have very…beautiful eyes.” Bob said and looked away.

I saw Silvia blush as she let go of Bob’s hand. Ooo…am I seeing something here? Oh well, leave it. Nothing for me to stick my head in.

“So uh…do you guys wanna eat lunch together with me?” Bob asked.

“Yeah, that’s a good idea.” I said, looking over at Silvia who quickly nodded her head.

“But before that, we gotta find Mikey and Frank and-“ suddenly, two figures jumped on top of Ray from the back.

“WOW!” Ray exclaimed as he fell flat on his face.

“Hey guys!!” They said in unison.

“Hello Frank. Hey Mikey. Remember me?” Silvia asked.

“Silvy!!” they said in unison again as they got off Ray.

I helped him get up as they made a big fuss over Silvia being there.

“Since we found them, let’s go eat lunch.” I said as Ray got up.

“Great idea!” Mikey exclaimed as Frank and Mikey went running down the hallway.

“Those two haven’t changed at all.” Silvia said as she smiled at me.

“I know. They never stop being mischievous.” Ray said, rolling his eyes.

We all laughed softly as we went after Mikey and Frank at our own pace.

Bob and Silvia were talking to each other the whole way down the stairs. They were made for each other, I feel it in the air!

Ray looked over at them, frowning, but didn’t say anything as we kept walking down the stairs to the cafeteria.

Ray grabbed Silvia's arm and said something to her seriously.

Silvia nodded her head and then pat his back reassuringly.

What the hell was going on?

To Be Continued…