Sequel: Misguided Ghost

I Will Love You Forever

She is Five.

Naheul! Blaze! It’s so good to see you guys!” I said as I hugged them both.
“You too, Bridget, it’s been what - a week?” Naheul laughed at me and the other joined in.
I waved it off and Ness hugged them too.
They sat down and joined us.

“So who’s your new friend?” Blaze asked and looked at Becca.
“Oh, I forgot!” I said and shook my head. “This is Becca Simmons. We met her at JFK yesterday. She is a Halfling too. And she is five.” I stared at both of them when I said five.
Becca glared at me. “Nice meeting you both.” She smiled at them. “It is okay that I’m here, right?”
“Yes it is.” Naheul smiled at her and held her hand a minute to long.
She giggled at him and blushed.

I groaned inwardly. She is FIVE for crying out loud!
Embry held my hand tighter. I sighed and leaned against him.
Blaze looked over at me with a worried look in his eyes. I just shrugged.

“So are you ready to head out in the jungle?” Blaze asked us when we were done eating.
He said it like it was something scary.
“How will we get there?” Jake asked.
“We’ll run.” Naheul said.

We walked to the south end of town. Again I got a piggy-back ride from Embry. My feet were aching like hell.
They told us it was somewhere in the middle of the Amazonas, Embry was going to phase and do the tour on four legs.

“Blaze,” I grabbed his arm just as he was about to run. He looked at me quizzically. “my brother.. ?” I didn’t know how to form the sentence.
“Chase is out of town. He had to prepare himself. He’ll be back tomorrow morning.” He smiled at me.
“Prepare himself?” I asked, not understanding.
“Yeah… You see Bri, he was changed only five years ago, so he’s still young and he hasn’t perfected his self control.”
I gasped when I saw the meaning behind his words. “He’s hunting.”
“Yes. But don’t fear him Bridget. He won’t hurt you.”
Blaze squeezed my hand before he went after the others.

I climbed on Embry’s back and we took off too. It didn’t take long before we reached the others; Embry was way faster than the Halflings.

I saw nothing but bush and the blurred shapes of my friends for an hour, and then the overgrown jungle thinned out. It happened so gradually that when I saw the house in the middle of the oval shaped clearing, it looked like it belonged there and had only risen from the ground.

What made it even more welcoming, were the four women standing at the porch, smiling at us like we were family.

They greeted us with warm smiles and cold embraces.
Cold handshakes to Embry and Jake, they weren’t.

“It is good to have you here.” Hulien said as she guided us inside the house. “It’s good we have an extra spare room, we didn’t think you would bring an extra guest.”
“You are sure it’s okay that I’m staying, Mrs. Hulien?” Becca asked in an uncertain voice.
“Of course young Becca, it is always nice to get to know other that is like Naheul.”
Becca smiled at her.

“Jacob and Renesmee will share this room, Bridget and Embry this one and Becca will this.” Hulien gestured to the rooms as she walked down a hallway.

I was exhausted when Embry and I were finally alone in our room. We had been talking to the others for hours and they all enjoyed Becca’s company as much as we did. They also were amused by her gift.

It all worked out perfectly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll update when I have two new comments : )

Comment/Rate/Subscribe !

~ BreeVixen