Sequel: Misguided Ghost

I Will Love You Forever

Brother and Sister.

I reached over to the other side of the bed. When I found it empty I opened my eyes. The only thing there was a small piece of paper.
Come down for breakfast. Was all that it said, I recognized Embry’s handwriting.
I stretched and got out of bed. I walked over to my open suitcase and picked out and outfit.

I walked out in the already familiar hallway and down the stairs. When I was at the last step I smelt a unfamiliar yet nice smell coming from the kitchen.
The sight that met me when I walked through the kitchen doors were something I thought I would never see.
“Naheul, you are cooking. I didn’t even know you cooked.” I stared at him with huge eyes.
He even had on an apron.
“Well, yeah, when you’re living with people that don’t cook, you kind of have to fend for yourself.” He smiled at me.

I sat down at the table; Jake, Embry, Becca, Nessie and Blaze were already seated.
“What are you cooking?” I asked and sniffed in the spicy smell.
“I don’t really know.” Naheul told me. “I’m kind of just putting many ingredients together and hope for the best.”
We all broke out in laughter.
“So do I.”

The food tasted pretty good, and I decided to trust Naheul’s cooking. We sat at the table eating and talking. Embry kept putting food on my plate. I just ate it so the others didn’t start asking questions.

They continued talking and planning what to do today. What would I do today? I would meet my brother. If he would come, maybe he changed his mind. Blaze said he would come early. I looked over at the clock. It was 8, Oh, it’s still early.
“Chase is coming any minute now Bri.” Blaze sat on the other side of the table from me.
I smiled and nodded.

When we were done washing of our plates the kitchen door opened. A tall blonde vampire man stood there. I gasped. His face, it was so much like mine.

“Eh.. Come with me guys! I have to show you something.” Naheul said and they followed him.
My feet were frozen. Embry kissed my unmoving lips before he went.
Blaze patted the man’s shoulder.

The man took a step into the room, a step towards me.
“Hello Bridget.” He said.
“Y-you are Ch-chase.” I stuttered. A tear trickled down my cheek. “You a-are my bro-brother.” My knees gave under and I fell towards the floor.
Chase had me in his arms in a second.
Yes, I am.” He whispered in my ear.
Sobs escaped my mouth.

“I’ve missed you so much Lee, you would not believe me.” He said to me. I only cried harder.
I did not remember this man at all. I couldn’t even if I tried. But I knew he was my brother. I could feel the connection between us.
“I’m so sorry for not meeting you before. I just didn’t have the self control to be around humans.
I held onto his marble frame like my life depended on it. I could not let him go.

“You are my brother.” I said again when I got back control over my voice. “You really are my brother. We are brother and sister.”
He chuckled and held me close. “I am your brother Lee.”
Hearing myself say it and he say it made it feel even more real. I laughed through my tears.
“You really are my brother.” I repeated. I giggled.

Chase hugged me before he held me at an arm length distance.
“Why did you call me Lee?” I asked him as I stared into his ruby eyes.
“I’m sorry. But that is what our parents named you, Emma Lee Duboa.” He smiled at me.
I looked down.

“We look a lot alike.” I sated.
“Yes we do.”
“What eye color did you have?” I asked him. I had a lot of questions.
“The exact same blue as you have.” He stared into my eyes. “You look like our mother.”
I saw a shadow of sadness wash over his eyes.

“I don’t remember how she looked like.” I confessed and looked at the floor.
“Of course you don’t. Look at this.” He took out a folded picture form his back pocket. “It was taken the day you were born. That’s our mother. And that’s our father. And that’s you and me.
He pointed at the persons in the picture.
There stood a teenage boy in the middle holding a new born baby. On his sides there stood a man and a woman. The woman had long blonde hair and a loving face. The man’s hair had started turning gray, but the happy smile on his lips made him look so young.
One thing you could not mistake, the similarity between me and the woman on the picture was too big to be a coincidence.

“How old where they when the picture was taken?” I asked, not looking up from the picture.
“Our mother was 35 and our father was 38. I had just turned 15.”
I nodded.
“What were their names?”
“Anna and Scott Duboa.”
I nodded again.

“Tell me one thing Chase.” I looked at him. “Did my father ever to sing to me? When I was going to sleep?”
Chase looked at me with shocked eyes. “He always sang ‘You are my sunshine’ when mom put you to bed. How would you know?”

“I dreamt it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
: O : O This is one of my favorite chapters !
Tell me what you think.

I'll update when I have two new comments : )

Comment/Rate/Subscribe !

~ BreeVixen