Sequel: Misguided Ghost

I Will Love You Forever

Hope.

“I am really glad that I got to meet you Chase, I really am. But I can’t miss them. I can’t miss something I never had.” I was sitting next to Chase at the dining table.
He sighed. “I know Lee. It’s just that it’s kind of weird how different our lives are, even though we have the same biological parents.” He empathized on biological.
I had made it clear that my parents are Emmett and Rosalie.

“Please.. call me Bri… How was your life Chase? I mean after Anna and Scott died?” We were sitting right beside each other, holding hands on the table.
Chase looked down at our hands before he answered. “I lived two years with our- my grandparents, Scott’s parents. It was okay. I was living everyday out of the hope that you would come home. But eventually, the hope faltered. I started doing bad things and acting out. My grandparents could not control me and had no other choice than to put me in a hospital.
“They didn’t want to, but they were getting old and didn’t know what else to do. I don’t blame them. I lived at the hospital, Psychiatric Department, until I turned 22. I realized that you or my parents would not come home, that I was the only one left to bring our family forward. I managed to cope.
“What I did not realize was that I had no real school education. I did not get any real jobs. I was so messed up that I couldn’t have any relationships. I didn’t know how to act with others; I was so used to live in the hospital. I lived by myself as long as I managed, before the sorrow and loss rounded up to me again. I drowned in my sorrow for a whole year before I decided to kill myself.”

Chase put his face in his hands. I didn’t know what to say, nor what to do. I only sat there waiting for him to continue.

He took a deep, unnecessary breath. “Of course, I didn’t do it the right way. I only passed out and a neighbor found me and brought me to the doctors. I ended straight back at the psychiatric department. I had been out for three years and was now 25. I had a new psychiatrist this time, a woman. She was the most beautiful human being I had ever seen, of course now I know she was not human at all. Her name was Gina. We formed a very close relationship, nothing more than friends, but she helped me so much and understood so much more than the psychiatrist’s I had talked to before.
“When Gina left for a better job I was heartbroken. The thought about killing me that had disappeared when she was near now come back. She had a special power; she could decide and put other thought into a person’s head.
One night after I had shaved, I managed to take one of the blades of my razor before the guards took it away. I put a clean sock in my mouth to stifle my cries. I did it the right way that night. The last thing I remember is Gina breaking through the lattice of my window and racing away with me. I saw a wild look in her eyes before I felt her teeth sink through the skin on my neck.”

I stared at him with shocked eyes. “What happened after that?”
“I woke up in the woods. Gina told me what I had become. I got furious at her. Why would did she do this to me? I thought. Why did she want me to live forever, now I would never get to meet my parents and baby sister in heaven.
Gina was vegetarian and only hunted animals. I didn’t see any need to spare the humans. I traveled into the nearest town and killed as many people I managed before Gina stopped me. It made huge headlines in the big newspapers. I didn’t care.”

He took a pause and looked at me. “When I turned one year and was not so blood crazed anymore, Gina told me what she knew. She had found out how my parents died. And she found out that my little sister was alive. She didn’t manage to finish her sentence. When she said you lived in Forks, I took off running. I was way faster than Gina and she couldn’t stop me. I found out where you lived in Forks when I got there. I ran towards your house when I smelt something unexpected, vampires. I stopped before I even knew it. You lived with vampires. That didn’t really stop me. What stopped me was another sent. It was the most disgusting I had ever smelt. Lucky for me, the wind was not blowing, so the other vampires didn’t catch my sent. I walked slowly toward the disgusting sent but stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a little ten year old girl playing with a gigantic wolf. I recognized you, since you looked so much like my mother. I could not come close. Your smell was intoxicating, remember, I was still young at the time. So I didn’t wait to meet you before because I doubted you were my sister. I waited because I didn’t want to kill you.”

I nodded and stared out in space. I remembered that day. I was out playing with Embry when he suddenly smelt an unknown vampire. Everybody searched the woods for hours.

“Why aren’t you with Gina anymore?” I wondered.
He sighed. “She got tired about my moping. And she didn’t want to see all those humans I killed. Her power only worked on humans, so she couldn’t do anything. Even though I’m happy I met you, I still hate her for giving me eternal life.”

We had talked for hours. The sun had set and I stated feeling sleepy. It still felt like I had much too much to talk with Chase about. I have never felt the need to know about my parents or anything from the three first months of my life, but now that I know, it feels good.

There was a knock on the door and Embry into the kitchen. My face broke out in a smile. I stood up and walked over to him.
“Chase, this is the wolf you saw me play with for six years ago. This is my boyfriend, Embry. Embry, this is Chase, my brother.” It was right saying it. The sixteen years we had been apart had disappeared this day.
“It’s nice meeting you Chase.” Embry said and shook his hand. Not even he could deny that Chase was my brother when he saw the similarity between us.
“You to Embry.” Chase’s hand flinched a little. Embry was more used to the cold touch.

“Do you want to go to bed Bridget? You’ve talked all day.” Embry smiled at us.
“Yeah, I do. I’m exhausted. Good night Chase.” I hugged my older brother.
“Good night Emma. Oh, sorry, I mean Bridget.” We smiled at each other before I followed Embry to our room.

“He is your brother, huh?” Embry pulled me down on the bed.
“Mhm, he is. And you know what?” I asked him. “I look like my mother.”
“I think you look a lot like yourself. You have gotten some of your color back in your cheeks.” He kissed me softly on my left cheek.
I blushed. “Yeah, I feel great.”
“Let’s just get to bed.”

We undressed and got under the covers. I told Embry everything Chase had told me, and he listened and asked questions. I was glad I had him to talk about everything.
I fell asleep in Embry’s arms and with a smile on my lips.

~~~

What I dreamt that night scared me. Not the first part, but the part that made me freeze with my eyes wide open.

First it was a dream I had before, with my parents. This time they had faces, my father with his loving smile and my mother’s flowing blonde hair. My father sang for me, ‘You Are My Sunshine’.
Then the scene changed. My mother’s face formed into mine, my father disappeared and Embry stood in his place. I sang for the beautiful baby in my arms, a dark skinned baby with raven black hair and sea blue eyes looke up at me.

I am pregnant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long chapter ? : ) Too much information?
Tell me what you think !
Omg, I guess you guys saw that one coming!

I'll update when I have two new comments : )

Comment/Rate/Subscribe .

~ BreeVixen