Status: writer's block on this one, I don't know what I want to happen next, will start back up when I get an idea.

When I Go Out I Wanna Go Out On A Chariot Of Fire

But Her Ghost Will Remain

Max's POV

I was sitting at the kitchen table talking with Craig when Ronnie came down and sat next to us looking tired.

"Ronnie!" Evelynne said running into the room, her heels clicking on the floor.

"What's up?" He asked tiredly.

"The guys at Epitaph have decided that we should get you some winter clothes, because the case has gone cold so they are going to keep you here for a bit longer. So, get dressed and we can go get you some warm clothes, you too Max, only, they don't know you're here."

"They don't?" I asked.

"Um, yeah, if they knew that you were coming they would have literally killed me."

"Brilliant." Craig said before the pager on Evelynne's waist went off. She looked down at it and looked back up to Craig.

"Craigy, somethings happened, I gotta go, can you take these two to the mall?" Evelynne asked him.

"Of course Evy." Craig said.

"Just get David to watch Leila Rose." Evelynne said before slipping on her trench coat and running out the door, keys in hand.

"Well, go get dressed." Craig said before heading towards the basement.

**********************************

Craig's POV

I went down to the basement where all the guys were resting with their feet wrapped around the metal bar I once used. I walked over to David and squatted to my face was level with his, although he was upside down. I shook him gently and hsi eyes snapped open. He looked pissed until he saw it was me who woke him up.

"Hey Craig, what's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothings wrong, can you watch Leila Rose for a little while I have to take Max and Ronnie to get winter clothes and Evelynne got called away."

"Sure he said flipping down and acending the stairs with me. All the curtains were already shut as Evelynne shuts them every night and basically always forgets to open them, so David was in no danger from the sun.

"Hey Leila Rose?" I called and she came running, almost tripping.

"Yeah daddie?" She asked.

"I gotta go with Uncle Maxie and Uncle Ronnie for a little while so Uncle David is gonna watch you, be good for him ok?"

She nodded and was quickly pulling David by the hand over to a pile of toys Evelynne always keeps for her. I shook my head and headed over to the front door where Max and Ronnie were standing there waiting for me. I grabbed a set of Evelynne's spair keys and headed out to her Ferarri. I love my cousin, she always rides in style, then again, being an internation spy for the United States, I guess she can afford it.

When we eventually arrived at the mall Max and I slipped on sunglasses before getting out of the car. Ronnie didn't, but, he isn't affected by the sun like we are, even though the sun wasn't out. I took them into the sporting good store where the winter coats and other winter necessities were and the workers there got them totally outfitted for the season. We left after about two hours and they had hats, gloves, pants, coats, the whole works. We headed home and David and Leila Rose were waiting for us.

"Craig, Evelynne called, they're sending her to Estonia, she didn't say why, but she didn't know when she would be back so she wants everyone to stay here until she does, ok?"

"Yeah, I totally understand, but, what about Ronnie, I mean, didn't they know that she was supposed to be watching out for him?"

"That is why she want's us to move to the farthest house on the estate, no one has been there since she moved in, and basically barely anyone knows where it is."

"Ok, well, lets pack some stuff and then go, its already dark."

"I already packed Leila Rose's stuff and they guys and I really didn't bring to much, much less unpack."

"Let me re-phrase that. We will go pack and then we can go."

"Ok. Leila Rose went to bed, she said the light was giving her headaches."

"Its just so unfair on her David, I mean, she didn't ask for this life, she was born like that. I hate being like this sometimes."

"Some times I do too. I miss the sun, I miss how warm it was, but, after a hundred years or so, you get used to the darkness."

"I don't want to get used to it David, I want to go out, and bask in the sunlight."

"I do too Craig, trust me, I do too, but we can't, not with who we are."

"I hate it so much sometimes." I said, and he pulled me into his strong arms. I rested my head on his shoulder and he ran his fingers through my hair. I love how comfortable everyone is around eachother, it just seems to make life like this so much easier.

"I know, I know, just, think of how long I've been like this. You'll get used to it, I promise."

"I just don't want to feel cold anymore. I wanna be warm like Ronnie is, like Max is after he comes inside from being out in the sun. I don't like it, I wish I would have just stayed half like you're keeping Max half."

"If I could have stopped you that day, trust me I would have."

"I know David."

"I do love you Craig, and if I had any say in the matter I'd make you human again, but, I can't do that, I'm not all powerful."

"I know David, I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, sweet, sweet fluff, how I love you so. <3