Status: Completed :D/D:

In Fate's Hands

Chapter 19

I stood there, dazed and confused, watching Riley storm out of the house, tears rapidly falling down my cheeks. I grabbed my sweatshirt and ran out of Keegan and Kaedyn’s room, but ran into both of his parents.

I almost let out a sob, but held it in, just letting all the tears out. I kept my eyes on the floor, feeling lower than shit. I should’ve known that’s what they were planning the whole time. They wanted Riley to catch us together so he wouldn’t want me anymore, so they could have a shot with me again.

Selfish fucking assholes.

“How could you do that to Riley?” His mom started scolding at me.

I didn’t look up from the floor. I don’t feel like I deserve to look either of them in the eyes. I was forced to look up at them when his mom forced my head up.

“Answer my question, Ethan.” She said sternly as I started shaking.

I was about to tell her that I didn’t know why I did it, but then it occurred to me that it wasn’t my fault.

“It’s not my fault.” I said quietly.

“What do you mean it’s not your-” His dad started saying.

“It’s not my fault! I didn’t do anything,” I said, realizing that I still have another chance to get Riley back. “Keegan did everything, and Kaedyn helped. I’m telling you the honest truth. You can ask Ian and Nick about it, they know everything.”

Their parents looked back at Keegan and Kaedyn, as did I, and they didn’t have that overly confident look on their faces, only looks of guilt. They knew what they did, and they knew that they couldn’t wiggle their slimy ways out of this one.

“Now if you’d excuse me, I have to find Riley. Now.” I said, pushing my way through his parents and running through the house and out the door. I continued in the direction of Ian’s house, my feet and legs throbbing in resistance, my face and hands going numb from the winter air running past my bare skin, but I kept going. I needed to find Riley.

I saw someone in the distance, walking, head down. I automatically recognized the person as Riley. I pushed my legs to go faster, and when I was within 200 feet of him, I slowed to a fast walk, so I wouldn’t scare him to run from me.

When I was close enough, I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him into me.

“NO! Get the fuck away from me, you stupid! Fucking…!” Riley yelled, punching my chest, trying to get away from me, until he broke down in my arms, crying into my chest. “Why..”

“Riley. Listen to me. This was Keegan and Kaedyn’s plan all along! They wanted to split us up!” I said, taking a gentle hold on Riley’s face, feeling Riley’s tears soaking my numb hands while my own soaked my cheeks.

“Why would they-”

“They’re jealous of us, of what we have, of what they could never have. They’re jealous because I could change for the better and actually have a relationship, and they can’t. They don’t want to see you happy, see me happy. They want everyone around them to suffer like they do.” I explained.

Riley said nothing, just looking into my eyes.

I hugged him again, burying my face into his neck. His arms didn’t go around me.

“Riley, I love you, so fucking much. I would never do anything to hurt you, this bad or at all. Ever since we’ve been together, I can’t imagine myself living happily without you. I need you with me.”

“How can I possibly trust anything you’re saying when you said the same exact things before, and now look what happened.” Riley asked, a slight harshness in his voice.

“I told you, Riley-” I started.

“I know, I know, it’s the twins’ fault, I get that. But did you really not have any control over yourself, any sense of pride or decency, that you just had to go along with it? You could’ve stood up for yourself, brought yourself above them, and just said no.” Riley said, sniffling. I wiped his tears with my thumbs, slightly surprised that he’s letting me stay this close to him. “But instead you brought yourself lower than them, letting them use you as a toy in some evil scheme to break us apart. Un-fucking-believable.”

I let my hands drop, and I sighed, stepping away from him, feeling like I’ve accomplished nothing with this. I shouldn’t have been expecting Riley to take me back, he’s right. I could’ve stopped them and myself, but I chose to just go along with it.

I leaned up against the poll on the side of the sidewalk, looking at the ground, tears falling. “I fucked up so bad.”

I heard Riley come closer to me as I started shivering from the wind that was still blowing strong. He leaned up against my side and I looked at him.

“You wanna sit down? Warm up a little?” Riley asked, pulling one of my lines out of his ass.

I smiled shyly at him, nodding.

We walked in the direction Riley was headed, and soon ended up at Ian’s doorstep.

I shook my head violently. “Oh no. We’re not going in there.”

“No, we’re not.” Riley sat on the step, patting the spot next to him, though I wish it would’ve been on his lap.

I sat next to him, paranoid if I should lean into him or not, but that paranoia was resolved when Riley pulled me into him, rubbing my arm. I scooted closer so we were right against each other.

“Do you think you’ll ever forgive me?” I asked, looking at the sky, the stars and moon clouded away.

Riley put his attention on the sky as well, taking a while to answer my question.

“I’ll understand if you say no, I’m kind of expecting you t-”

My words were cut off by Riley’s hand directing my face down so our lips could meet. It was the best and the worst kiss he’s ever given me. It could either mean that he’s taking me back or saying goodbye. When he pulled away from my lips, I knew that this was it. What he says will make our break our relationship.

“Ethan, I don’t think I’ll forgive you, just yet.” He said, and I swear I saw a flash of sneakiness in his eyes as he said that.

I put my hands on his legs and put my forehead on his shoulder. “Please Riley. What can I do to make it up to you? What can I do to prove to you that you mean everything and more-”

Another cutoff kiss. It didn’t last as long as the first, but it had more reassurance in it.

“You know, you should really let me finish my sentences. It’d get the point across a little better.” I said, not being able to hold back a smile.

“Did you ever think that I cut you off because your point was already made? That you didn’t need to go any further?” He asked, giving me the slightest puppy dog eyes.

“I thought you weren’t forgiving me?” I asked, slightly shocked.

He smiled a little bit, looking at the ground. “Ethan, now could I not forgive you after you ran in the freezing cold to find me, and then give it all you have just to get me back, and then some. I can tell just by looking at you that you feel like a piece of shit for doing that, and you’re beating yourself up over it.” Riley let out a little laugh before saying, “You guys didn’t actually fuck, either, you were just naked, slobbering all over each other’s tonsils.”

I laughed and looked up at him. “So you really forgive me? For everything? Or are you just saying that.”

He grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly. “You’re definitely not going-”

I cut him off this time, already knowing what we was going to say, and whether I heard it or not made me so happy.

I felt something cold drop onto my nose. I pulled away from Riley and looked up at the sky, seeing snow falling lightly before us. It glittered as it dropped, making the scene look beautiful.

Riley pulled me off of Ian’s step and lead me back to the sidewalk, throwing his arms around my neck while my hands stayed on Riley’s hips.

“What is this for?” I asked, confused by his actions.

He gave me a sideways smile. “I’ve always wanted to kiss in the snow.”

I pressed my lips to his in a gentle, sweet manner, making his dream become reality.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY UPDATE :D

Now for some sad news.
I think the next chapter might just be the last. *hides*