Status: Finished

Animal Attraction

Say What?

“Are you ready?” Angie walked into my room shortly after Paul had left.

“I just woke up.” I said.

“We’re leaving in half an hour and Paul is absolutely hot.” Angie winked at me and laughed as she left the room.

I mocked her and turned to my closet. I opened the door. I tried to pick the clothes, but Angie’s words kept bothering me. She wasn’t allowed to look at Paul like that. I shook my head to clear my head. I had to keep the target clear and that was to win Jared’s bet. I needed Paul to completely fall for me. Too bad I was his imprint and I already had him. It would’ve made things a lot easier if I had known that.

I changed into something just simple and I was ready in fifteen minutes. My mom was coming with us which made things easier because I wasn’t alone with them. My mom and I took her car and Landon as his family took the rental car.

I turned up the radio when ‘Sorry’ by Buckcherry came on.

“And when I see you cry it makes me want to die…”

“Landon asked me something that I think would be a great opportunity for you.” My mom said as she lowered the volume.

“I can hear you just fine with the music on, mom.” I said.

“It’s important, Erin.” My mom said.

I sighed and gestured her to continue.

“He wants you to go to England with him.”

“No.” I said at once.

“But--”

“I’m not living with them nope, mom, I already have to stand them for two months I wouldn’t be able to do it for ten more months or more… hell no.” I said as my final word.

My mom shook her head. “Any girl would love to go to England.”

“Not when it’s with their step mother, brother and sister and absent father.” I said. I turned back the volume of the radio and groaned when it was another song. “I missed my favorite song.”

“You have too many different favorite songs.” My mom mumbled.

I scoffed. “That’s because all of them are awesome.”

My mom laughed. “Sometimes I worry about you, Erin.”

“I’m fine, mother.”

“You don’t take school seriously and you’re always with Brock and those other boys.” My mom said.

“Are you scared I might end up knocked up?” I asked.

My mother swallowed and nodded.

“I know what a condom is mom.” I laughed.

“So did I, but accidents happen.”

“You mean when it happened to you and you got stuck with me?” I said.

“I didn’t mean it--”

“I know. I just like messing with you.” I laughed.

Her cheeks burned. “Please know that you’re not a mistake.”

“I’m a broken condom, I know.” I joked and she knew it.

“I love you.” My mom said.

“I know that too.” I said.

We arrived at the city of Port Angeles. My mom showed them the city. I just stayed close to them and listened to music. We stopped at the ice cream where I had taken Landon and we got our ice creams.

We went to the park and I was at the swings while my mom, Landon and Margaret were talking over at the tables and eating their ice cream. Angie was on her phone texting and Sean was flirting with some local girls.

“Oh, lookie here.” A voice came from behind me.

I looked over my shoulder and grinned when Brock and the others approached me. Brock took the swing next to mine.

“Where have you been?” Brock asked.

“Working and I saw you Monday,” I pointed out. “Remember? When your dumb ass got me in trouble with Landon.”

“You mean your dad.” Brock said.

“I mean Landon.” I corrected.

“What are you doing here?” He asked.

“Family road trip.” I said sarcastically.

“That your sister?” Donnie asked as he nudged towards Angie.

“How’d you guess?” I asked.

“She’s definitely an outsider with those clothes.” Kris said.

I raised an eyebrow at them. “Her clothes?”

“They’re Banana Republic, expensive shit.” Donnie said.

I shook my head. “I do not want to know how you know that.”

They both shrugged. Donnie suddenly took my ice cream from my hand and Kris pushed me the swing I was on. I laughed as he started to push me higher and higher. Brock started to swing himself and tried to catch up with me. I opened my arms and let the wind hit my face and let the sun come down on me.

“Jump! Jump!” Donnie and Kris chanted.

“Dare me?” I asked.

“Triple dog dare you!” Donnie said.

I position myself to jump out of the swing and into the sand. I loved the adrenaline rush going through me. It was so exciting, but not as exciting as jumping off of a cliff.

“One… two… three!” I said and jumped out.

I was too high and I landed right on my feet which hurt like hell. I fell and cradled my ankle and hissed in pain like Peter does in Family Guy. Donnie and Kris suppressed a laugh.

“Erin!” I heard two people call out. It was my mom and Landon.

“Shit, dude, are you okay?” Brock asked as he knelt next to me.

“My ankle hurts.”

“Is it broken?” Brock asked and at that moment my mom and Landon were all over me.

“I’m fine!” I told them. “I just sprained my ankle from the jump.”

“Why do you do this, Erin?” My mom said. “I don’t want to make another trip to the hospital for another broken bone.”

“How many times has she broken her bones?” Margaret asked.

I counted in my head.

“Four times… one time it was the ribs… not pretty,” I said as I got up on my own and twisted my ankle a bit and hissed in pain. “Just needs a little ice.”

“We’re going back home.” Landon said.

I quickly looked at him.

“Your home.” He corrected.

I didn’t like what was happening. I turned to my mom who was surprised as I was and so was Margaret.

“My mom can take me back. You guys should enjoy your day out.” I said.

“Yeah, she’s right. You’ve been cooped up in that house for a long time. Enjoy the outdoors.” My mom said.

I told Donnie, Kris and Brock that I was going home and they hugged me and told me they would visit. My mom and I went back to the car and got inside. We didn’t speak as she drove back. My mom parked the car and I looked at the porch of the house and saw a pacing Paul. I looked at my mom and she looked back at me. Paul looked at me and he walked to my door and opened it.

“Hey,” he said breathless and shirtless. “Are you okay?” He looked at my foot.

“It’s just a sprained ankle, Paul.” I laughed.

“Would you mind looking after her, Paul? I’m going back to the city.”

“No, not at all.” Paul said.

My mom gave me a look that said ‘Just messing around, eh?’. I yelped out of surprise when Paul picked me up bridal style out of the car. He carried me as if I only weight like a feather. Paul carried me to the house and my mom drove off. Didn’t she know not to leave her teenager daughter with a boy? Especially such a hot one?

Paul placed me down on my feet to open the door and he picked me up again when it was open. He carried me to the living room and lowered me to the couch gently. I chuckled.

“What?” Paul asked.

“Is this an act?” I asked.

“What do you mean?” Paul asked me.

“The Paul that I know would’ve never carried me he would’ve enjoyed that I was hurt.” I said and that seemed to hurt Paul.

“I’m not that Paul anymore, Erin.”

“It’s not half-breed anymore?” I asked.

Paul closed his eyes out of shame.

“Funny, how catchy that nickname got, ain’t it?” I asked.

“I was a different Paul.”

“Which begs the question… what changed?”

Paul took my hands into his. He was so warm. What was he doing? I wondered. He kissed me very softly on the lips.

“You’re my…” Paul said and he cleared his throat.

“I’m your what?” I asked.

He looked at me in the eyes. Straight in the eyes.

“You’re my soul mate, Erin. You are my imprint.”

Say what?
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a treat because I neglected this story for a while. I know there's a lot of mistakes so you're gonna have to deal with that. Leave me some love in the comments?

Image