Status: Finished

Animal Attraction

You're Dead!

Paul? Jared asked as they were outside of Erin’s house taking care of her.

What? Paul asked snapping him from his thoughts.

STOP THINKING ABOUT HAVING SEX WITH ERIN! IT’S DISTURBING AS HELL!!! Jared yelled at his friend.

Paul chuckled. Now you know how I felt when you had all those thoughts of Kim while on patrol. Deal with it.

Kim isn’t your best friend since childhood, and frankly, I would’ve been happy not knowing that Erin was a moaner in bed, okay? Jared shot back.

Paul just laughed. Whatever man, suffer like I did.

Jared decided to phase back to human because Paul wouldn’t stop thinking about Erin.

Paul thought about all of the times he made fun of her, and saw her hurt, but didn’t give a damn; all of those times he yelled horrible things at her. He couldn’t believe that out of all of the girls in the world it had to be the one he least expected to imprint on.

Paul saw Erin several times after he turned into a wolf, but never once did he feel any different about her, but when she kissed him that fateful night he imprinted on her, through a kiss he imprinted on Erin. No one thought it was possible because the rest of them only had to LOOK at their imprints, but Paul’s had to be more physical. It had to be a kiss.

Right from the beginning he knew their relationship would be different.

Erin’s Point of View

I slept soundly knowing that Paul was outside. I feared for the safety of my family… whoa, I did I just call them my family? That woke me up. The thought of having a real family just scared me, almost like having Paul as my boyfriend. I got out of bed and looked down to Angie. I was still on thin ice with Angie, but with the rest of them I was okay. Maggie was great, Landon was too and Sean… was tolerable. I headed downstairs and opened the fridge.

“What are you doing?” Sean’s voice came and I jumped a bit.

“Dummy, what the hell are you doing up?”

“I asked first,” he said as he sat down on the chair.

“I’m having a,” I checked the time, “three o’clock snack.”

Sean chuckled. “I’ll have what you’re having.”

I showed him the bucket of ice cream, he nodded, and I took two spoons with me and sat on the table.

“I can’t wait to get back home,” Sean said as he scooped some ice cream.

“How’s the weather over there?” I asked curious.

“Mostly like here, except there’s more rain,” Sean said as he cleaned the spoon with his tongue. “I can’t wait to have some fish chips.”

“Ew,” I made a face. “Fish chips?”

“They’re great!” he defended his fish ships.

“Whatever floats your boat, I prefer Oreos with peanut butter,” I smiled.

“Ew,” he said it that I did.

We laughed together.

“Maybe next summer you can come and I’ll show you around. Boys over there will be all over you because of your accent,” Sean smirked and winked.

I laughed. “Girls here are crazy over British accents. You know what happens when I see Harry Potter movies?”

“You start speaking with a British accent,” he guessed correctly.

“Yeah! I don’t know why, but every time I see a movie with a British actor or actress, I just start speaking all English-y.”

“English-y isn’t a word, Erin.”

“Who made you word police?” I asked and pointed my spoon at him.

“No, but you should at least speak properly,” he pointed out.

“Whatever… nerd.”

We spent another hour talking until my mom came down and told us to go back to sleep. I woke up the next day feeling rather good. I was going back to work. I liked working at the book store. I got dressed for the day and then headed downstairs and found my mom making breakfast for everyone.

“I got the day off,” my mom told me, but I knew that meant they called her and told her they couldn’t keep her anymore.

I hugged my mom. “Yay, but now I have to go to work. I have to text Paul to pick me up to take me. There are to having a boyfriend with a car.” I grinned and my mother laughed and kissed my cheek.

“Breakfast is ready, but I have to… go out,” she said in a sigh.

I also knew that meant she was going to look for a new job. I texted Paul and hoped that he was still awake. He texted right back saying he would be here in five minutes. I placed my phone in my back pocket and waited in the living room watching TV. Only one music video passed and Paul was already here.

I smiled when I saw him, but then I noticed he looked tired. He wore a muscle shirt and basketball shorts.

“You okay to drive? I can ask--”

“I’m fine,” he cut me off. “I’m fine.”

“You already said that,” I pointed out. “We should go because Mr. Markey doesn’t approve of tardiness. It’s like freaking high school.”

Paul chuckled. We walked out of my house and got into his car.

The drive was filled with music. We didn’t talk much.

When we got to Port Angeles, he dropped me off at the store, but he turned off his car. I raised an eyebrow.

“You’re staying here?” I asked.

“I’m not leaving you here in this city alone,” he said. “You’re lucky I’m letting you come to work.”

Letting me?” I asked.

Paul rolled his eyes and groaned. “Don’t make this a thing.”

“I’m letting it go, but don’t use words like ‘letting me’, or ‘allowing me’, okay? I don’t like to be bossed around. You should know that.” I got out of the car and slammed the door shut.

I heard him as he cursed.

I knew he was tired, but it was no excuse to think of me as a pet that he ‘let’s’ it go outside whenever he wanted. I was human being and I wasn’t going to let him treat me any differently. Sure, a vampire was after me, but that didn’t mean I had to stop living. I wasn’t going to be stuck in my room and be afraid, which I was, but I didn’t have to show it.

I walked inside of the bookstore.

“Mr. Markey! I’m right on time… this time!” I called out and laughed.

I heard the old fashion music playing in the back of the store. I smiled. It was Sinatra. Mr. Markey loved really old music. I walked over to the back of the store and then I slipped on something and fell hard on my ass.

“Aw, man,” I said as I felt something wet under me.

I picked my hand and noticed it was… red. Bloody red… as in blood. Fear shot through me and froze me for a while, but then I got up quickly and opened the door to the back of the store and I screamed in horror.

Mr. Markey’s body was on his desk, but his head was gone. It was on his desk with a note in his mouth. I ran out of the back of the store and headed towards the front. I only got half way through the store before I bumped into someone’s chest.

I quickly looked up fearing I would be looking into the vampire’s eyes, but it was Paul soft, brown eyes.

“Erin, is it your blood?!” Paul asked me, but I was gasping trying to breath normally, so I just shook my head sideways. “Mr. Markey’s?”

I nodded several times. “Head… off… blood… dead!” I couldn’t put everything together.

Paul headed to the back of the store.

I reacted fast and took out my phone. I wiped off the blood off of my hands as best I could and dialed 911.

“911, how am I help you?” a man asked over the phone.

“I found a dead body… he’s my boss… so-someone cu-cut his head off,” I sobbed into the phone.

“Where are you, ma’am?”

I told him the address.

“Police and forensics will be sent right away, don’t move,” he said and I hung up as Paul came back and stuffed something in his basketball shorts.

“You called 911?” he asked with his hands on my shoulders.

I nodded. “Th-they’re on their way. He did it, didn’t he?” I said and Paul looked at me solemnly. “Oh, god!”

“Baby, it’s all right, don’t mention the note, okay? Just say you found him there and that was it, okay?”

I nodded again. “What does the note say?”

Paul pressed his lips together. “I’ll tell you later, okay?”

“He’s dead because of me,” I whispered. Paul wiped away my tears.

“It’s not your fault.”

“He said he was coming after me and my family! Mr. Markey… was like… a grandfather to me.”

Paul knew about the death of my grandparents and how bad it hurt to lose them. It was the only day he was nice to me, before the imprint. For a whole week there was peace between us. To say that Mr. Markey was family meant a lot to me. But now he was dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Would you guys like if I made a sequel? It would be short, like twenty chapters or would it better to just go up to like fifty chapters instead? Let me know!

Thanks to those of you who still comment! It gives me encouragement!