Status: Finished

Animal Attraction

Hurt Too Many Times

“You said something?” I asked him.

Jared snapped his eyes to me and shook his head. Paul didn’t look at me and walked back inside of his house. I turned back to Jared.

“So, he’s back to normal.”

“Yeah, he was just messing with you.”

I smiled and thought I was right all along but in the back of my mind. A teeny tiny voice in the back of my head told me that I shouldn’t feel relieved.

“Yeah, it’s not you could’ve really had him anyways.” Jared said.

I laughed. “What?”

Jared turned to me. “Well, come on, it’s Paul. He hates you how were you ever going to get him?”

“You don’t think I can get Paul?” I asked.

What I didn’t know was that Jared was just pushing me towards Paul. He knew it because it was his evil plan but I didn’t know and I fell right for it.

“Yeah, but let’s go to my place.” He walked to his car.

I stopped him and grabbed his arm. “I can get Paul.”

Jared laughed. “Not really. He hates you.”

“So?”

“Why even bother?” Jared asked.

“To prove you wrong.” I smirked.

“Erin, come on, get real.” Jared said. “If you wanted Paul you would’ve gone for him a long time ago.”

I put my hands on my hip. “I don’t want him but I can get him.”

“There are guys you can and there are guys you can’t get and Paul just happens to be one of them.” Jared said.

“Ooh, I’m so gonna prove you wrong. Like I’m gonna prove my half brother and sister wrong about getting my ‘dad’.” I laughed.

I didn’t see the smile on Jared’s face. Or that Paul was in on the plan.

“Why don’t you go over there and start your plan?” Jared taunted me.

I smiled. “No, I don’t think so. I have to plan it carefully.”

“If you don’t get him by the end of the summer you will have to go to Prom.”

“But I already have plans for that--”

“Take it or leave it.” Jared said.

“Ugh! Fine. If I don’t get Paul by the end of the summer I will go to Prom.”

“In a dress.”

“In a dress.” I growled. He knows I hate dresses. “And when I have Paul eating out of my hand you are going to wear a tutu for an entire day.”

Jared frowned. “Wh--No… think of something else.” He said.

“No, if I’m going to Prom in a dress then you have to wear a freaking tutu. Deal or no deal?”

Jared seemed to really think about it. He knew Paul wouldn’t deny me and he would lose the bet. He messaged his hands which meant he was nervous. I stood there still with my hands on my hips and I had a grin on my face. He had to take it.

He cursed something about Paul. “Agreed.”

We shook hands.

“Now, let’s go to your place.” I said as I walked to his car. I glanced at Paul’s house. I got inside Jared’s car.

“So, why were you coming to my place again?” Jared said as he turned on his car.

“Oh, needed to get away from my perfect dysfunctional family.” I grinned widely.

Jared rolled his eyes. “What did they do?”

“Nothing. I just… feel uncomfortable having them there. I feel so… exposed. I had to share my room with Angie and she barely slept because of the freaking time difference.” I said.

Jared backed out of the driveway and made his way to his place.

“But on the good side. I got phase one complete with Landon. Can you believe he actually wants me to call him ‘dad’?”

“Seems logical.” Jared said.

“Not when you were never there.” I said. “I mean, at least your dad comes three times a year for a whole month. Mine… just a check and that’s supposed to keep me happy.”

Jared nods. “Touché on that my dear. But he is your father.”

“Correction. He is my biological father. I have no father. Billy Black is more of a father to me than Landon.”

“That’s kind of harsh.”

“Well life is a bitch because if it was a slut then it would be too easy.” I quoted something from those sayings on the internet.

“Hmm, true that.” Jared said and chuckled.

We arrived at his place and we got out. Jared’s mom greeted me kindly like she always did. I hugged her and she hugged me back. We shared a couple words and then she was off to work. Jared and I went to the living room. I took the remote and turned on the TV.

“Where do they think you are?”

“Working.” I said my eyes never left the TV screen.

“Ah, typical Erin. It’s why I love you.”

“I love you too.”

People--before Kim--have always asked if Jared and I were together because we always told each other we loved each other. We spent a lot time together and we were very comfortable with each other. If there was a right guy for me it would’ve been Jared but fate had other plans. Jared imprinted on Kim, who is great, I’m not jealous because she has him but because of what they have. Undying love? Who the hell doesn’t want that?

Jared could have THE hottest girl on the planet giving him a lap dance but he wouldn’t even blink because his whole world is Kim. His eyes twinkle at the sound of her voice and when he sees her it’s like he’s seeing the sun for the first time. It’s wonderful yet unbearable.

I thought that if Paul found his imprint before I got to woo him I would be screwed but I was already his imprint. Our story is just a little different than from the ones in the books and Hollywood movies.

Jared made popcorn and we watched Spider-Man 3. I put my head on his shoulder. My best friend. I could always count on him no matter what. He was my rock.

I laughed as Peter Parker danced down the streets of New York giving winks and thumbs up to girls who would only give him a weird look.

“Remember the year you dressed as Spider-man?” I laughed.

“Ugh, you are like my personal ‘Horrible moments’ reminder.”

“You were only ten and you had to pee.” I laughed harder as the thought flashed through my head and it got funnier and funnier each second.

Jared was ten and during the middle of trick or treating he had to pee but he couldn’t get out of the tights and he ended up peeing his pants. I hid my hard laugh on his chest. I started to cry a bit and my stomach hurt.

“All right, all right. Need I remind you that the same night you admitted to Paul you had a crush on him and he rejected you in front of everyone.”

“That was too far, Jar, you know how bad I felt.” I said as I scooted away from him.

He exhaled and nodded. “Sorry. I know he hurt you.”

“And for the next seven years as well.” I muttered. “He has made me feel worthless, Jar. He has made me feel like I’m not part of his reservation just because my birth father is English. Half-breed, like I’m some kind of freak.”

I wiped away the angry tears.

“No more tears. I’m going to make him love me, Jar and then I’ll rip his heart out and stomp on it.”

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments.

Keep the coming guys :]

CoMmEnT!!!